Yet another broken CPS 1000 thread

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
H20wned

Post by H20wned » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:12 pm

Hey yall,

Yet another, but my last thread asking people to try and help me fix my CPS 1000. This time I actually opened it and took pictures.

The problem is that when I pump it, pretty much nothing comes out, the pressure doesn't build up and u can hear air coming out of the barrel. At first I thought a valve may be stuck open (if if has any) and then a friend told me that a pin might be worn out (not sure what pin). I took a few internal pics if that helps...

Thanks for any help.
Sorry for yet another thread on the same topic...

EDIT: Sorry again, not quite sure how to resize pictures yet but I'll get it sorted.

Edited By H20wned on 1185398015

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Sounds like your typical open firing valve problem. This is a really easy repair. Just stretch a rubber band from over the pin to over the valve. It should look something like this:

If one rubber band doesn't work, use more than one. If this doesn't work, the problem likely is a loose seal and you'll have to open up the valve to fix it, which would be a problem on the CPS 1000 because the valve is glued shut.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:37 pm

Quick query, while Ben's pic pretty much summarizes the most likely solution to the nozzle problem, when you say that when you pump it, air comes out of the nozzle, is this pumping with a full or empty reservoir?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

H20wned

Post by H20wned » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:12 pm

Well both really, but when the reservoir is full, tiny droplets of water dribble out. Also, I'm not quite sure what the rubber band thing is meant to do... And how do I get it on? The internals on mine look kinda different to yours.

Edited By H20wned on 1185474311

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:55 pm

The rubber band is meant to push that metal pin/rod back into the valve to close it. To get it on, you'd need to be able to remove the nozzle valve from the casing and loop the rubber band over the tubing such that it can pull on the pin.

If the reservoir is full and only a little water comes out when pumping, you may have more internal problems than just the nozzle problem. Does the blaster appear to leak from any other part when pumping with the reservoir full?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

H20wned

Post by H20wned » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:55 am

Not at all, only through the nozzle.