Making for easier pumping - i have an idea

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
ultimategamr

Post by ultimategamr » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:38 am

hi guys,

i have problems with my M:XL in furious waterfights where lots of ppl have smallish guns or cps's and i run out of 'pump' and have to pump again....if i were to coat the rail which the pump runs on with washing up liquid would it be easier to pump....or break??

cheers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:12 am

Coating the rails with soap (I think this is what you mean by 'washing up liquid') may make things temporarily easier to pump, but if you're hit and the soap starts to spread, you'll likely reduce your own grip on the pump handle, making pumping harder. As well, depending on the situation, you may end up with soap entering the pump which, in turn, can end up in the streams. Small amounts of soap shouldn't do any long-term harm to a soaker, but a lot of soap can end up washing away the grease on some of the soaker internals.

Some may suggest using a thicker grease instead of washing-up liquid. The idea is to use something that will not easily be flushed off by water, but provide the lubrication desired. However, there is always the risk of getting excess grease onto the pump grip area, making the pump slippery to hold. Unless your pump is particularly stiff, though, the added lubricant will not significantly allow you to pump faster as the water resistance when pumping is the main speed determinant.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

ultimategamr

Post by ultimategamr » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:44 am

thanks mate :D