monster xl help - my bad

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
ultimategamr

Post by ultimategamr » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:19 am

hiya guys

as u know i recently got a monster xl which was great....until i heard pressure leaking out of the bit where u refill it....i have now found out its the excess pressure relase valve, i found this out by taping over it to stop it :( now the back taNK has kinda crumpled in on itself...how can i rectify this!! (i have removed tape, and tired filling it with water to push it out!!!)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:34 am

Tank has crumpled in? Are you referring to the reservoir, the PC, or something else?

I hope you didn't end up taping up the hole on the cap of the reservoir. That's the only way I can think that the reservoir would end up collapsing in. Can you take and post pictures?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

ultimategamr

Post by ultimategamr » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:54 pm

yeah i did tape...it never mind though i fixed it....eany1 else who does this (if any1) keep tape on!!! fill with boiling water from kettle!!! shake it up with lid screwed on and it sorts itself out....THEN TAKE OFF TAPE and use as normal

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:06 pm

Well, glad you fixed it. Neat little trick with the hot water. As an aside, the sound you've been hearing from the cap isn't air pressure being lost, rather air going into the reservoir to replace the water being drawn into the PCs (though I suppose you know that now).

The hot-water trick, though, may also be good for others who have collapsed their reservoirs on the Flash Flood or other soakers when using an Aqua Pack.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:39 pm

Hot water helps on a few things in other Super Soakers. I had a problem (well, not so much a problem) on my Monster XL, where the nozzle screws needed replacing since the were rusted out very badly. A screwdriver wouldn't take them out they were so stiff, so, me and my dad put warm then boiling hot water all over the screws to lousen them, and it actually worked, the screws pulled out and the nozzles now have brand new fresh screws in. Just another little use of hot water.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:01 pm

Interesting. I'll have to keep this in mind. If I someday open my CPS 2000 to fix the sqeaky pump, I might find some rusty screws. And yeah, iSoaker, the hot water trick looks like it might help people with squashed reservoirs. Wish I had known that eirlier, and i might not have reurned my FF. Then again, the CPS 1000 I bought off eBay with the money I got for my reurned FF is defenitely preferable to the FF. :bm1000:
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."