Painted soaker question

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Sun May 28, 2006 11:01 pm

Yesterday I painted my XP-70 camoflage, and the paint on the PC is already starting to wear off.

I used fusion brand paint thats suppost to bond to plastic.
I painted one side green, let it dry, and then painted black X's over it, they did that to the other side. Is there anything I could have done better when painting it to prevent it from chipping and wearing so soon and how can i prevent it from chipping and wearing more?

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Mon May 29, 2006 12:33 am

even if it bonds to plastic it will still chip off, thats just what the paint does. there best thing to do is put a clear coat over it to add another layer of protection, but then again cause its camo painted it will come out kinda glossy. but the plastics used in soakers don't hold paint that well even if it says it bonds to plastic, thats just how it is. i suggest either mulitple coats or a seal coat so the color lasts longer.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon May 29, 2006 11:37 am

Try Laquor. It helps to keep the paint on and gives it a glossey over coat. We use it for most of the guns we paint.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Mon May 29, 2006 2:56 pm

Ok I'll try that. Thanks