Question about CPS care.

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Mr.PeterStevens

Post by Mr.PeterStevens » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Is there a limit on the amount of time you can leave your CPS gun charged without firing?

Could leaving it charged for several hours be detrimental to the bladder?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:46 pm

Well, like any elastic material, the longer you leave it stretched, the faster it'll lose elasticity. As such, it's still best to avoid long periods of pressurization. While it won't be a sudden or dramatic change at first, often leaving CPS bladders pressurized for longer periods of time will result in loss of performance. However, I don't believe anyone knows how much power is lost at a time. The question becomes: why would you wish to leave a CPS-chamber pressurized for that long? Due to the design of CPS-systems, usually it doesn't take much pumping to pressurize things to firing pressure so the loss in time having to pump is minimal if grabbing a non-pressurized CPS-blaster.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Mr.PeterStevens

Post by Mr.PeterStevens » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:11 pm

isoaker_com wrote:The question becomes: why would you wish to leave a CPS-chamber pressurized for that long?

In a SW type situation it's often several hours until you are able to take a shot. Grant it though, a flash flood is not something I would have unless I was staking out from my automoble, so I would be able to pump it unseen (windows are tinted). Especially at night.

Geuss thats a small advantage of an air pressure gun then. I would charge my liquidator, place it in my bag, and that was that.

Edited By Mr.PeterStevens on 1127866337

DX

Post by DX » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:25 pm

Eventually that air pressure gun would start to lose pressure. However, yeah, you could leave that pressurized for quite some time. I've left homemades pressurized for several days and since it's only air pressure, nothing bad happens. I wouldn't leave a CPS pressurized for more than 45 minutes, though, and they can lose significant pressure if you leave them for hours.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:14 pm

Our team used to pump our guns up before going no long missions, but now we do it right before we approach hostile territory to avoid overstretching the rubber.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.