XXP 175

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:11 am

Currently my second weapon is an XXP 175 (main CPS 4100. In England it's hard to find good blasters cheaply) but I have trouble getting it to maximum pressure. Even when I fill the tanks completely full it still takes me at least 50 pumps if not more to get it to full pressure (according to the gauge). When the tank is partially empty it takes even longer. There doesn't appear to be any leaks of air, the pressure gauge appears to work properly (the soakers performs as it should for the value). I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem (or maybe this is true for all?) and/or knows what to do about it. Thanks.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:56 am

Pressurized reservoir soakers are always harder to pump to maximum pressure than seperate Pressure Chamber ones, because you're pumping air into the reservoir which is a large area rather than pumping water into a more confined space. Since the XXP 175 has two reservoirs, this makes it take even longer to pump to pressure. You should make sure you screw the tanks on tightly so no pressure can leak. The pressure gauge will be handy so you can tell how much pumping is required. Also, since you're pumping in air, the pumping should be quicker and easier than seperate PC soakers. There isn't really anything you can do about it, but make sure you are using short bursts and pumping between them, that way the first time you pump it to pressure, which should be outside of enemy engagements, it will be harder, but after that you should have next to optimum pressure.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:03 am

From my own experience with the XXP175, it takes a heck-of-a-lotta pumps to fully pressurize (for good explanation, see the post by Falcon).
:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:47 am

Thanks. Oh well I'll just have to develop larger arm muscles!