I'm heeeeerrrre... - ...It's Gun' Rain!

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Sacrificial Soaker

Post by Sacrificial Soaker » Mon May 02, 2005 2:34 pm

Greetings fellow bipeds. I'm new to this forum, and would just like to say what a joy it is to be among friends who enjoy the Art of Soak.

Anyhow, I've got a question for you all...I just purchased a new Flash Flood and am extremely pleased with the "FF" feature itself. However, I am finding that the CPS doesn't seem to work right. It has almost no pressure what so ever no matter how much I pump. It comes out in like a drizzle. Does anyone know what I can do to remedy this problem, or if there's something I'm not doing right? Thanks much in advance.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 02, 2005 2:40 pm

If you're talking about the normal nozzle, I thought my Flash Flood was busted at first, but then realized I wasn't pulling hard enough on the trigger. It seems to me that some of the normal triggers on the FF are rather stiff and, when not pulled completely, do open the nozzle just slightly to release a pitiful stream making you think there's a problem. However, if the Flash Flood nozzle works, then there's nothing wrong with the CPS chamber and instead there's a chance you're just not pulling hard enough on the normal trigger to open the nozzle valve. You can try an exchange to see if another one works more easily. However, first try pulling harder to see if you can get the normal nozzle to fire.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Sacrificial Soaker

Post by Sacrificial Soaker » Mon May 02, 2005 5:26 pm

isoaker_com wrote:If you're talking about the normal nozzle, I thought my Flash Flood was busted at first, but then realized I wasn't pulling hard enough on the trigger. It seems to me that some of the normal triggers on the FF are rather stiff and, when not pulled completely, do open the nozzle just slightly to release a pitiful stream making you think there's a problem. However, if the Flash Flood nozzle works, then there's nothing wrong with the CPS chamber and instead there's a chance you're just not pulling hard enough on the normal trigger to open the nozzle valve. You can try an exchange to see if another one works more easily. However, first try pulling harder to see if you can get the normal nozzle to fire.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

I've pulled on the nozzle quite a bit, to the point where it reaches the handle of the gun. I might be best exchanging it...do you think?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue May 03, 2005 4:57 am

Yeah, I would say go back to the store and get a refund/exchange. ;)
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 03, 2005 6:50 am

Fully agreeing with Spinner. If you've tried pulling a little harder and the normal nozzle still doesn't fire, there's something wrong with that nozzle valve. Heck, even if you did manage to pull the trigger hard enough to make it shoot, if you found it too uncomfortable to have to pull that hard, I'd still exchange the soaker for one that hopefully works more easily.

Rule o' thumb I use when exchanging (use to use it when first buying as wel, but I now take packaging pictures of soakers so I need to bring 'em home first to take the pics :goofy:) - bring a bottle or two or water with you when soaker shopping at test the soaker(s) after exchanging (or when you're buying if you don't care about the packaging). Find a faulty soaker, you can return it with minimal time spent and even a way to show the store owner what the problem is.

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

perilous

Post by perilous » Thu May 05, 2005 11:53 pm

My F;ash Flood used to do that, but then I did a rubber band repair and the problem was fixed.
Soakage must live on in honor *x*

Check my Soaker Website! It is complete with Forums, Tech, Reviews, and other stuff

http://www.waterwarfarechronicle.50megs.com

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri May 06, 2005 2:21 am

perilous wrote:My F;ash Flood used to do that, but then I did a rubber band repair and the problem was fixed.
They should still give you one that is working properly to start off with. If they then let you keep the old one, all well and good and you can fix it, so maybe you should just go back to the store with your receipt and complain.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Sacrificial Soaker

Post by Sacrificial Soaker » Fri May 06, 2005 3:36 pm

After a bit of experimentation, I found that my FF works just fine. I just need to keep pumping it as I shoot (Or pump it a good 20-30 times) for the nozzle to fire optimally. The FF always works fine no matter what. No worries ^_^ (Oh, and I do have to pull back hard on the trigger but that's cool.) Thanks to all who've helped answer my question.

perilous

Post by perilous » Fri May 06, 2005 9:21 pm

Spinner wrote:
perilous wrote:My F;ash Flood used to do that, but then I did a rubber band repair and the problem was fixed.

They should still give you one that is working properly to start off with. If they then let you keep the old one, all well and good and you can fix it, so maybe you should just go back to the store with your receipt and complain.
I did work at first, but is was dropped by some little kids that I had let borrowed it.
Soakage must live on in honor *x*

Check my Soaker Website! It is complete with Forums, Tech, Reviews, and other stuff

http://www.waterwarfarechronicle.50megs.com