Water Warriors ArmorDillo - Hose Connection Problem

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:03 pm

I picked up an ArmorDillo last week to check it out, and when I hooked it up to my hose, there was a noticable spray from the connection when the hose was turned on. I returned it due to a trigger breakage (It wouldn't stop firing) and got another one, hoping that I simply got a dud. While the trigger on my new AD works wonderfully, the hose connection still sprays. Is this a problem common to ArmorDillos? In the depiction on the box, the hose has some kind of plastic adapter on the end, is this needed for the connection to be leak-free? Maybe I'm just having bad luck?
"...Yes."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:07 pm

The hose connection on my Armor-dillo is also quite leaky. I'm considering using teflon tape or something on it to help fix the seal if I use it. Yep, it's annoying.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:37 pm

There are these special O-ring shaped things that are in most hose connections. If the Armor-Dillo lacks this, you could buy some and put them in. I believe they should be in the gardening section of a home improvement store. If it has that or it doesn't work, then try the teflon tape.

Jinnai

Post by Jinnai » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:39 pm

wow...sounds like it needs some kind of tape. but thats what we all have been saying...speaking of which, is the armordillo god for base defense or something? i was wondering.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:13 pm

Base defense is it's only use, its permenantly connected to the hose.

USSA

Post by USSA » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:20 pm

yeah it seems that they all leak. that is becuase there is nothing to keep the excess water in. I'm sure that if you opened up one of the guns you would see that all the pressure and water is in the actual tubes. However when you pull the trigger it releases the pressure. I was thinking that it would be possible to have an overpressurization chamber which could serve the dual perpose of stopping the leak (for a while anyway) and letting you have one short shot away from the hose (oh and it already has that little o-ring thing)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:39 pm

The leak is just from poor fitting where the hose attaches. As USSA noted already, the Armor-dillo has a rubber O-ring on the inside of the connection piece so that's not the problem. I can't say it is a problem with lack of tightening, either, as I made all attempts to secure the hose to the soaker. Part of the problem seems to stem from the fact that the threaded region on the Armor-dillo isn't that long, thus doesn't really make full use of the threaded region of the hose.

If I recall correctly, even Big Bee, himself, commented on the problem of the hose attachment aspect of the Armor-dillo. Perhaps they'll fix it if they choose to continue to produce this type or a similar type of soaker in the future.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:09 pm

Just a thought here...check your hose. If the connecting end of the hose is bent out of shape in any way, it'll spray out. I've had this happen before, and its quite irritating.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:44 pm

Man, it's a shame that it seems to be a model-wide problem. I'm still interested in the picture on the box, the hose they show attaching to the ArmorDillo isn't a normal garden hose. Maybe I'm just clinging to the hope that there's an adapter out there that can fix this. I love the "base defense cannon" concept and I'd love to see it developed further... which is why I want this to work. :p
"...Yes."