Need help with repair - on an ancient CPS 1000

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
convider

Post by convider » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:01 pm

The valve on my CPS 1000 pump handle is split (The little piece of flared rubber at the end of the pump that creates a seal when pushed, but allows air into the chamber when pulled), and I'm wondering what could be used as an acceptable substitute for the seal.
In addition, the little piece of plastic that stops the pump handle from falling off is gone, from age.
Please help! I love my 1000, and since it's not available in stores anymore, I want to keep it functioning as long as possible

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:37 pm

Welcome to iSoaker.com Forums.

That isn't a valve, rather a rubber seal. You could replace the end with a correctly sized O ring and it should seal it fine. The proble is how to do that... your best bet may be to replace the pump with an alluminum rod like in some of my homemades. Use two pieces of electrical tape to keep the O ring from moving around. To find the correct sized O ring would be a little hard, buy several ones from your local home improvement store and use the one that fits best.

I hope that helped. Good luck with the repair.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:00 pm

^ Doom makes some good suggestions.

A pump-piston replacement is perhaps a better option than a repair attempt, but it really depends on how badly off the plunger-part of the piston is and whether you might even be able to create a good seal with the current piston and some careful electrical tape work.

Pictures would help if you can post some. Otherwise, good luck with your repairs!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:26 pm

I have a Homemade Pump article on mt site, Soakthis.com. Maybe that can help you.
SOAKTHIS.COM
Tech stuff and forums. Only for the most hardcore soaker enthusiasts.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:49 pm

Don't worry, it's not a major problem.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:44 am

I believe if you rap electricle tape around the pump, it might help to create a seal. But Doom's idea is much better if you want your gun to work at its best.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-