Nooooo! - MXL repairs comes so close...

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:07 pm

I had fixed my MXL so it was working, but as I was reattaching the nozzle selector, I screwed on the screw too tight and the head came off! Now, the body of the screw is threaded inside the screwhole and my MXL is effectively ruined... not only have I wasted about two hours (Man, there are a LOT of screw on that thing), but I've basically gotten $200 less rich...
I feel so worthless. :sob:

Almost forgot. I suppose it wasn't a total loss. I got a rare pic of MXL internals:

Edited By Soakologist on 1090296676

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:35 am

'tis a blurry, but interesting pic nevertheless. :cool:

As for the nozzle selector screw, some would say you could drill the screw's threadding out and reattach a different (larger bore) screw in its place. Just depends on how badly you want to reattach the nozzle selector. I assume your MXL can still shoot despite lacking a selector on one side.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:55 am

She lives again!

I had a 'stroke of genius' (:goofy:) last night before I retired, and I got some epoxy and glued the selector-holder down! (it's the little square-in-circle thing where the screw goes in). I can still switch the nozzles and the selector won't come off! I tested it out this morning. My Behemoth LIVES!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:57 am

^ Cool! If I may ask, what did you need to fix on your MXL in the first place?

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:06 am

The gun was shooting out the QFD-hole when it was pressurized. Some tubes were loose and the spring was out of place. I guess just the regular wear and tear, perhaps.