Hi I got nerf thunderstorm and does not seem to pump

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Colorpunk

Hi I got nerf thunderstorm and does not seem to pump

Post by Colorpunk » Sat May 13, 2023 7:13 pm

Hi I got nerf thunderstorm and it seems to pump but it will not pull water and I cannot see any holes in it was wondering if people might have some suggestions. This is my first water blaster thanks
Here is youtube link. https://youtube.com/shorts/eL5RCQeGGUo?feature=share
Last edited by Colorpunk on Sat May 13, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Re: Hi I got nerf thunderstorm and does not seem to pump

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 13, 2023 7:29 pm

Hi, welcome to WWN. We're going to need some more information. If you could take a video of what is happening and upload it somewhere, that would help.

Colorpunk

Post by Colorpunk » Sat May 13, 2023 8:19 pm

Hi I got a video bit ever time I Try to add it says invalid extension were do I go to add video to a thread.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 13, 2023 8:21 pm

You can't upload the video here. We don't have the space. Upload it to YouTube or Google Drive or whatever works for you and link it here.

Edit: You also could try uploading it to the Discord: https://discord.gg/WWSuxgBF2g

Colorpunk

Post by Colorpunk » Sat May 13, 2023 8:23 pm

Thanks I will.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 13, 2023 8:40 pm

Thanks for the video. I wasn't sure how it worked. It looks like it basically pushes the water out by squeezing the tubing.

I'm assuming that you tested it with the magazine full of water. I didn't see the magazine in the video, but the video does show that motor works.

It's possible that there's a clog in the flow path somewhere preventing water from flowing. You could try disassembling each component and pouring water through it to see whether there's a clog.

A hole in the tubing or internal components could also prevent the pump from building up suction to make the water flow. If you try pouring water though each component, you might find a leak. Usually leaks are found by pressurizing blasters with air, but you can't do that here, so I'm not sure if there's a better approach.

Check back in a few days as others trickle in here. They might have some better ideas.

Colorpunk

Post by Colorpunk » Sat May 13, 2023 8:59 pm

Thanks for the feed back I will try all that thanks