Rusted water blaster works again?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
programmeruser

Rusted water blaster works again?

Post by programmeruser » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:00 pm

So about one year ago I made an account here because my water blaster wasn't working (don't remember what type it was, but I'm pretty sure it was Nerf) and I forgot about it.
I just remembered about this and I recently let someone borrowed the water blaster. Last year it didn't work for some reason and I suspected that it was because the internal components had rusted. The blaster had been in use for a long time, which added to my suspicions. I attempted to open it but I was unable to completely due to rusty screws, which gave even more evidence. (I believe I saw some of the internals through some other way, but I don't remember how). Now the person that I gave the blaster to reported that it worked. I'm not sure what they mean by "work," but considering that the blaster was barely shooting anything last year, it must've improved somehow. Is this possible?

SSCBen

Re: Rusted water blaster works again?

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:47 pm

Hi, welcome to WWN. It certainly is possible that a problem could have been temporary. For instance, if some solid was clogging the blaster and preventing it from pumping or firing, continued use might dislodge the clog. (Though more likely, continued use would simply make the clog worse.)

As for your specific problem, you're going to have to give more information. If the blaster had a problem in the past then it probably still has a problem. So describe in detail what's wrong.

programmeruser

Post by programmeruser » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:34 pm

Hi,
I don't have it right now but I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Also, last time I was unable to view the inside because the screws were rusting; any tips for that?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:44 pm

There are a lot of techniques to handle rusty screws. Here are some pages I found by Googling "removing rusty screws":

https://www.caranddriver.com/car-access ... ed-screws/
https://www.bobvila.com/articles/how-to ... ed-screws/