Autumn Invitational War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DX

Re: Autumn Invitational War

Post by DX » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:51 pm

What time do you think we'd be back in DC by on Monday, then? Leaving on Mon is doable for me, but potentially transit chaos as I'd be arriving in NEW YORK on NEW YEAR'S EVE right around the time when ONE MILLION PEOPLE are trying to get to Times - and I have to go through Times Sq - 42nd St station to get to GCT, there is no avoiding that area.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 pm

SEAL wrote:I thought the exact same thing when looking at the photos. It reminds me of Paine, what with the pond and some of the terrain. I approve.

But I will be out of state on the 29th, so attending isn't really an option for me unfortunately. Have fun and don't forget to take pictures!

Also, wi-fi and hot water? What in tarnation?
Call your brother. He just told me that he is speaking with your mom about making it down for the war.

The pond is different in that the banks are kind of steep but they aren't muddy or rocky. Here's a rough map for a little overview:
buffalo creek.png
buffalo creek.png (45.11 KiB) Viewed 16348 times
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Well often we don't do much, if anything, on Sunday, so we'd probably be back in DC before Monday. Are there any plans for Sunday Marauder?
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:06 am

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Well often we don't do much, if anything, on Sunday, so we'd probably be back in DC before Monday. Are there any plans for Sunday Marauder?

We can fight in the morning if people want. I had planned on doing a full 2 day war, but with everyone coming (which is great) it may be cramped to have everyone spend 3 nights. But if people want to fight Sunday morning that is cool. We could even do something different, like go to Little Creek, or have a rivalry war since we have so many people.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Alright Scott, so what do you think about this plan?

Thursday - I arrive in DC at some point in the afternoon or evening
Friday - We thrift in the morning and leave from wherever the last store is to head to NC
Saturday - War
Sunday Morning - Maybe War (likely sleep lol)
Sunday Night - Return to DC
Monday Mid-Morningish or early afternoon - I leave DC to go home
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:51 pm

That sounds good. And DX can you tell that all to David on Facebook? He got a new phone, but I don't think,he set it up yet and he rarely checks here. He should buy the tickets now!
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:11 am

Keith needs a way to get from NY to NC. He texted me and said that his mom may not be leaving early and he is trying to find a way down. His car is not reliable to drive the distance. Scott, do you have any more seats in your vehicle?

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:11 pm

I don't know, both Rob, David, and Zack need rides, but the latter two haven't been responding to my messages. I could take 5 if I have to though, so we could just say whoever responds last gets the middle seat, lol!

Tell Keith I can take him, worse come to worse we just have to stop every hour to stretch and swap who is smoshed in the middle seat. I have a rooftop carrier we can put luggage in too.

And unlike a lot of vehicles, the middle seat in mine has a headrest! Very important for comfort and safety!

Update: So Zack messaged me, he isn't coming. IDK about David yet, just created a Facebook page so I could message him there.

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:59 am

The weather Saturday is supposed to be perfect - 65 and sunny to partly cloudy.

I have 4 locals who said they are coming. Of course, you can't always count on nonmembers until they are actually there, but that's still a good sign. We have a couple of other people who said they were interested.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:54 pm

So it looks like neither Brandon or Keith are coming, but I've heard from David and he is.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:13 am

Saturday looks to be perfect for fighting, 65 and partly cloudy. If Brandon and Keith are not coming I may make this a more n00b friendly war, but still intense. Expect a lot of CTF and some VIP.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:29 am

So how did it go? Sorry we couldn't make it, but the timing just didn't work out. "Chief" is staying here for a while though, so maybe we could get together sometime.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:29 pm

The war was amazing! Tonny ended up hurting his leg early on so we only had 6 people but it still went great.

While Marauder took Tonny home, Stephan and myself fought some 1v1. It was him with a 300 vs me with a 2000. I had the range advantage and used a lot of rushing tactics. Stephan was still surprisingly mobile with the 300 and the rate of fire over the 2000 meant he got a few hits on me. I think it ended with me in the lead 6-5, though the 2000 was empty and the 300 was still mostly full.

With Marauder back we played several 3v3 CTF games. The two flags were water bottles and I think it was Marauder, Duxburian, and Alex vs Stephan, Danny, and Myself. The enemy team rushed mine the first round and we were on the defensive the whole time. I got killed and Duxburian grabbed what he thought was the flag, but since there were so many trash water bottles around, wasn't. We decided to use two Storm blasters as flags next round.

In the next CTF game Marauder, Danny, and I were on a team. We decided to try and rush the enemy, I went around to the left and managed to drive them back so Marauder could grab the flag. Stephan had already been shot by Marauder when I came around that side, but yelled clear just as I walked past him and I got shot in the back. It took two attempts as I also had to go back and help Danny keep the enemy from our flag. Unfortunately when Marauder got the flag, he dropped his blaster to sprint back and the enemy had surrounded our base. While Marauder and Danny tried to get in the back of the base, I was trying to keep the enemy from taking our flag. With only Danny and I being armed, Alex was able to get out the side and back to their base for the win.

After this we switched sides. I don't remember this battle so well. We pushed the enemy back and I shot Alex, then as I was attacking their base he yelled clear about 10 feet behind me and fired. After not much time we got the flag and it was over. We decided the battlefield was kind of unbalanced and 6 people didn't work that well for two flag CTF anyway, so we switched to bomb the base.

In bomb the base I think it was me, Stephan, and Duxburian vs Marauder, Alex and Danny. We took up defensive positions along the stream bed between our base the enemy. Alex and Danny attacked on our left further down the the stream and Marauder managed to get across just to the left of our base. I was hiding behind a tree and managed to get the jump on him, I had at least a full second but my 10K decided it didnt want to fire so Marauder shot me and "blew up" the base.

Since they had won in like 3 minutes we felt it was extremely unlikely we coulld beat their time, but we tried anyway. We decided Duxburian and Stephan would attack around to the right as a distraction and I would sneak around to the left. Alex fired a few shots at me from the other side of the stream but I was too far back. I took a few steps forward when he glanced away, I didn't think I was in range either, but fired anyway: direct hit! I junped the stream and made a dash for their base. Marauder fired a shot at me but missed when I hunched over slightly struggling to get the bomb free of my pocket. IDK what our time was, but it at least felt faster then theirs.

Next up was a water balloon only round. Duxburian sat out to film so it was Stephan and I vs. all. We started on opposite sides of the pond. They came around and attacked our side first. Alex graised my neck hairs in their opening salvo but they still missed most of their shots and the few that hit me didn't pop. I made two hits with four ballons as they ran away. Marauder took almost our whole stash of baloons and through them at Stephan. Stephan grabbed our few remaining ballons and chased after them clockwise around the pond. I noticed several of the balloons that missed us hadn't popped so I collected these and headed off counter-clockwise to the enemy base. Unfortunately they had no ballons left at the base but Alex and Danny only had one each while I had two. We paced around for a bit trying to fake eachother out. They hit me with one balloon but the rest didn't pop. All in all tge round didn't go so well, most the baloons refused to pop which really hurt when you got hit.

Next round we kept the same teams but did pistols only. I had an XP 20, Stephan had a PR Nerf SS of some sort, while the other team had two small Storm blasters and a Storn 750. The battle was pretty lopsided with Stephan and I outnumber and outgunned, but I still managed to get a lot of hits thanks to the extreme mobility of the XP and using trees to my advantage. Stephan ran out of water while I still had about half a tank so it became 3 on 1. I got a lot of hits when the storm guns started getting low since they kept doing mist shots when they were moving around. We lost, but only by one point.

After this we went out to lunch and when we got back it was OHS Duxburian and Marauder vs all! I had my 10k, Alex used my 1000, Stephan used his XXP 275, and I forget what Danny had. This was a long battle, I think we started around the pond and engaged them there. The 2000s gave them a big advantage on the narrow path around the pond. I flanked around the bushes to try and get behind them, we fought for a bit and then they retreated. We engaged them again at a small bridge over the creek and again the 2000s caused us trouble because of how narrow it was. My 1000 started having trouble (Alex dunked it in the mudy pond!) so I switched with him. We ended up pushing them back over the bridge but with my 1000 experiencing extreme pump lag, we didn't pursue them. Alex gave me back my 10K (which was almost empty) and went to get Stephan's spare 1200. The next engagement was in the swamp and again the 2000's range advantage was apparent. They were on a tiny patch of dry land in the middle and we were on the dry land on the edge. We were in 2000 range and Marauder was just bearly in range of my 10k, though he had a tree to hide behind so I don't think I ever got him. After several minutes of stalemate, and knowing we were already behind, I decided to venture into the swamp and try and flank around the left. I got around behind them and managed to hit Duxburian after trading shots for a while. Unfortunately my teammates were slow to follow my command to rush Marauder, so Duxburian had respawned by the time they ventured into the swamp. Soon after we decided to call the battle.

We stayed in the swamp for a while to do some stage filming and pictures. Alex was hesitant to go into the water because it was cold, my response was "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:14 am

I think my favorite quote was (and I may be paraphrasing)

Stephen: "It feels great out here."

Scott: (we are walking through a swamp at the time) "Yeah, my feet were cold. Now I don't even feel them!"

I will be posting a more detailed war report later.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Actually the proper quote was "my feet really hurt, now there numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:47 pm

We are probably getting together with Keith and Brandon this weekend if anyone else is interested.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:18 am

We are? Well hopefully on Sunday, because I'll probably be in Kentucky tomorrow. I brought my 12-gauge back down from NY, so we could go trap shooting or something.

Did anyone get any pictures from this event?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.