Water Storage????????

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
pat720720

Water Storage????????

Post by pat720720 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:43 pm

I will soon be participating (and pretty much hosting) a medium sized water warfare event for my community. I have rarely done water warfare without a hose or other water source within easy access. However the arena I will be playing in is far from any water sources. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for water transport/storage? (other than buckets of course)
Last edited by pat720720 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Water Storage????????

Post by SEAL » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:20 am

What sort of location are you playing at? Usually whenever there's no water source at all, everyone fills their guns ahead of time, and brings backpacks stuffed with water bottles or 1-gallon jugs. Blasters that last longer are favored too, so no CPS 2000s or anything like that unless whoever is using it is really conservative. What game type are you playing? Games like one-hit-kills (OHK) will tend to involve a lot less water usage than a soakfest or something.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 am

How much water do you need? If it's over 50 gallons, I'd actually say that buckets are the best bet. 5 gallon (20 L) buckets are readily available at hardware and home improvement stores (even Walmart), though you should get lids obviously.

If you have a truck, you can also fill a small kiddie pool with water and use that, though in that case I'd highly recommend stringing a tarp over it to prevent the water was sloshing out of the truck during transport.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

jja

Post by jja » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:51 am

there are barrel things that act like a wheel barrow that could help.
not sure the best place to buy where you are.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3565913?cmpid=GS001

DX

Post by DX » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 pm

The specifics of the location typically determine the best type of water supply, like how easy it is to access, how far it is from a parking lot, whether you have to drive there or can walk, etc. The more difficult things are, the more you need to rely on smaller containers and manpower to bring in water. I usually use gallon jugs, 2L soda bottles, and filled reservoirs of large backup soakers. You can bring those virtually anywhere and 2-3 bottles per player can last many rounds.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:54 pm

Thinking about it, a battle with very limited water would be interesting. I'd like to try that at a future battle.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:54 am

We had a limited water battle several years ago in an abandoned factory. It wasn't as interesting as you'd think, although we didn't really play it where running out was a tactical disadvantage; it was more like, save your water so we can play more rather than save water to beat out the enemy. Looking back, it probably would've been more fun to play it where the battle didn't stop for anyone running out. But it might result in more skittish fighting, with less potential for action (although that depends on the field too). The way we did it, people actually played quite aggressively, because if they ran out we would just end the game. Ironically, our water supply dwindled very quickly as a result.

As far as storage goes, I still stand by bottles or jugs, but if you can get bigger containers to the field easily, go for it. The kiddie pool idea is ghetto as hell haha, but it could work. I'd prefer like a rubbermaid container or something with a lid though. Those big Gatoraid keg things at sports games would work well too, if you have any. They even have a built-in spigot.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

WaterDragonMissle

Post by WaterDragonMissle » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:52 am

What we do in our water fights is bring a 7 gallon water storage with a dispenser and place it on a bench (we usually play at parks). We park a car as near as we can, which has its trunk filled with soda bottles, juice jugs, water gallon jugs, and large empty whey protein containers (we'd wash out all the non-water containers well before filling with water). Even with 8 CPS level guns (4 CPS 1000s, 3 CPS 1200s, 1 CPS 2500) being used somewhat liberally by my overly excited little cousins, our water lasted a good 2-3 hours.

For supplementing the 7 gallon water dispenser, I like the whey protein bottles the most; they have a large mouth for easy cleaning, are more durable than juice jugs/soda bottles, and hold a giant amount of water. As I accumulate more whey protein containers, I plan to use them as replacements to phase out the more flimsy juice jugs/soda bottles.