HOG

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: HOG

Post by SEAL » Fri May 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Alright everyone, this thing is going down. When is everyone available to fight? Here's a calendar, so put down whenever you're free. I'm currently thinking about the weekend of June 23rd. How does that sound? I'm going to contact a bunch of people too. Remember that this is not affiliated with the WWN League season, so it will be WWN vs. our group. From your point of view it will play out like an epic adventure. It will last up to 12 hours, but that depends on how good you all do. Your team wins if you capture the final objective (the grand prize) regardless of how long it takes, and our team wins if we can hold you off for 12 hours.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat May 26, 2018 3:50 pm

I set the date to June 23rd, with arrival on the night of the 22nd. Start preparing and assembling the team. If you absolutely cannot make it, please let us know.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue May 29, 2018 9:12 am

How many of your friends are able to make it?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed May 30, 2018 4:36 pm

I currently have three, possibly four people who want to come. Got a couple more to ask yet, and I know Keith has a bunch of his friends interested too. It's hard to get any confirmations this far in advance (as it is with any sort of event), but the interest is definitely there. The war is on if there are at least five members on each team.

I also must note that we changed the spawn rules. You can now spawn not only at your base, but also at any objective you capture. This is so that people won't have to walk back and forth as much. Defenders (my team) simply must spawn at least 100 feet from the current objective. Respawn times are two minutes for both sides.

There's also a backup plan. The battlefield is on public land, but as seen with St. John's Woods and the Danbury Greenway, there's still that chance of us being asked to cease and desist. If we should get kicked out, then the war will become the second WWN League battle. We would play 1HS for a few hours at a location such as Dug Hill or another local battlefield like Acorn Hill or Saw Kill River. It would no longer be the HOG, but it would still be fun. We'd then have the Cedar Hill war be the championship round. I highly doubt we'll have a problem, but I just want you all to have peace of mind that we have all bases covered. If you all saw just how much behind-the-scenes planning has gone into this, you'd crap your pants. :D
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Alfatrooper

Post by Alfatrooper » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:52 pm

Hey guys, checking in again. The thread says that the event begins on the 22nd through 23rd. Just to clarify, we drive in on the 22nd, but all of the fighting is on the 23rd?

Everything looks great, but I was wondering if we could increase attendance just a little. Do you have confirmations from DX, Van, or Sam? It would be great to get those guys on board.

Thanks everyone,
Zach

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 am

Wait, this is in June? I can't go RIP.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:49 pm

Alfatrooper wrote:Hey guys, checking in again. The thread says that the event begins on the 22nd through 23rd. Just to clarify, we drive in on the 22nd, but all of the fighting is on the 23rd?

Everything looks great, but I was wondering if we could increase attendance just a little. Do you have confirmations from DX, Van, or Sam? It would be great to get those guys on board.

Thanks everyone,
Zach
The way it works is, everyone arrives the evening of the 22nd and meets at a designated location (I will PM it to everyone before the war), then once we're all there, we shuttle everybody to the battlefield where each team camps out in separate campsites. (Bring a tent!) Then at 9AM on the 23rd, the battle begins, and won't stop until either win condition is met. We're having a lit after-party in the evening as well, for anyone who's interested.
DX wrote:Wait, this is in June? I can't go RIP.
I posted the dates about a month ago. You had plenty of time to speak up and maybe we could have changed it, but it's too late now. The war is a go as long as the attendance is 5v5 or higher. And don't worry about your team; even if you got out of doing whatever you have to do, they would still be doomed. :D
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:43 am

Tony and Danny are definitely onboard and ready to go.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Well I still haven't heard from David, he still doesn't have a phone, and hasn't replied to my PM on the board.
According to DX though, David posted on facebook that he is confermed for Endwar, the HVZ Nerf event next weekend. So it looks like David is no longer coming to HOG ether.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 pm

So in light of a large chunk of people dropping out, we're moving this thing to next month. How does July 7th sound? We absolutely want to have it this year, but we need help from you all too. If you know you can't make a date that I throw out, please say so. The end result will absolutely be worth it and will redefine the concept of a water war. I know I've been vague about the details, but that's the whole idea. Just trust me on this one. If you call yourself a water warfare enthusiast, come to the HOG.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:04 pm

I would prefer a date other than July 7th, that is when my uncle is having the big fireworks show at his farm. If that is the only time that works for everyone else, I can miss the show, I'd just rather not.

The only date that really doesn't work for me is August 4th, as that is the LEGO con, and I will not miss that for any reason!
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Alfatrooper

Post by Alfatrooper » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Me too, any weekend but the 7th works for me. :D

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 am

Okay, so the 7th doesn't seem to work for a lot of people (possibly me included). How about July 21st, with arrival on the night of the 20th?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:35 pm

The 21st should work for me. What time do we need to get there on Friday though? I am working until 4pm this summer, and I can't get any time off, so even if I am really lucky with traffic, I doubt I can get there before 11pm, it would likely be 12 or a little later.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:00 pm

The 21st could work for me, but I'm not able to commit to such an intense war then. Sorry. If I didn't have to travel the next day I'd be more willing. Hope it goes well.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:42 pm

The 21st might actually work for me as well. I'm going to see if I can stack up another big trip to the east coast and get this insanity to work. (I have a lot of nerf wars lined up and haven't done water wars in a long time!)

Edit: Doesn't look like I can, sorry.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:26 pm

I am free until the dates of Aug. 6 to 10, and school starts the 27 of Aug. But the best time for me is July, 16 through the 23rd, there is no practice for me, nor other interfering dates.
"This message has been brought to you by GassyMexican".

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:33 pm

I am free when ever my brother is free to go to water wars.I really am Happy to go to New york city and Connecituct I have not been there in a long time so am excitet to go back there again and fight.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:15 pm

The new date is now officially July 21st. I would like everyone to please confirm their attendance before the end of this week, either by posting here or contacting me directly. This year may be the last chance we'll get to hold this event, so let's make it happen. All we need are five of you and a couple local friends.
scottthewaterwarrior wrote:The 21st should work for me. What time do we need to get there on Friday though? I am working until 4pm this summer, and I can't get any time off, so even if I am really lucky with traffic, I doubt I can get there before 11pm, it would likely be 12 or a little later.
Everyone should be there by 20:00 (8PM) so we can shuttle you to the battlefield. You can't get any time off at all? Pretty much any job that I know of lets you take at least a few days off, usually as long as you give like a two-week notice or something. At the very least you could pretend to be sick. :p But if there's absolutely nothing you can do, we can probably make accommodations. Someone will have to wait for you and drive you to the team campsite separately.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:37 am

I don't know yet. Multi-day events are fairly expensive and my event fund is literally empty. I was planning on taking all of July off in order to fill it up for August stuff. That combined with the terrible heat and my lack of ability to drive very far in it has really killed my enthusiasm for doing as much this year.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers