Ammo Restricted War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Ammo Restricted War

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon May 13, 2013 2:32 pm

May 24th is my churches annual Son's of Thunder Camp out where we camp on a wooded ridge overnight. this year I would like to have a small water fight, problem is their is not water. My plan is to bring 4L of water plus pre filled guns in the hopes of having an epic 3 vs 4 Pistols only round with the kids there.

Weapons
Crickets x2
XP 215 x2
Goblin x2 (hopfully)
XP 20
Thunderstorm

Sounds like a fun time to me 3-4 rounds in the woods with Pistols each played till the guns run out any ideas on what games to play ?
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Re: Ammo Restricted War

Post by HBWW » Mon May 13, 2013 9:18 pm

You could try running a long-term 1HS game where players have to try to score as much as possible, then reach a safe zone when they're out of water. Once in said safe zone, they are done for the match. Until then, it's standard 1HS.

Refill bottles/containers would help extend the game.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 pm

^That sounds like a really good idea for a new battle type to be used with a lot of people, especially n00bs.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue May 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Yeah cause using guns like the gorgon and 300 against noob's isn't fair, I did an OHS duel against an Avenger with the 300 that I won 20 to 5 being "nice".
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 14, 2013 4:41 pm

You can balance out capacities by giving more refill bottles to those with lower-capacity blasters. Weapon inbalances have to be dealt with differently though, such as environmentally (adjusting objectives/spawning/etc. to give those with better water weaponry a disadvantage), team numbers, and/or skill. If you are setting up team games, it is easier to balance these things out since you can give advantages or disadvantages to entire teams. (Likewise, a player advantage such as a better blaster and/or more skill applies more as a team advantage in the grand scheme of things.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat