Soakemore! 2013 DC area water war

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Soakemore! 2013 DC area water war

Post by HBWW » Tue May 21, 2013 10:44 pm

^ I get that on average once a year, however, by hosting fewer wars and being attendance selective, I've managed to mitigate those sort of problems.

Update on attendance status: my friend will be taking a few days off work, so we'll be able to make it. We may be very late on Friday though, still have to see. I should probably ask him to try to take Friday off I guess so we don't make it there while drop-dead tired.

Edit: Need any provisions/equipment for the gaming rivalry? :goofy: On second thought, I'll probably end up being way too lazy to pack my Xbox 360 anyway.

Has anyone else been real busy in their workshop building for war? I expect to arrive very well armed, but I do want to be a bit selective; always good to leave room in the car.

Edit: Game request: Casual 1HK or 1HS around your house. Just a few rounds or so. It'd be super-fast paced in a demanding, cramped area, but with lots of cover. Maybe I'll change my mind when I actually see the place, instead of just seeing it from Street View, but as horrible as it sounds, it may actually be intense and a bit of fun.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu May 23, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm really excited that you'll be able to bring a friend, looks like this will have good turn out. I'm jealous of y'all. I have a job interview with a marketing firm this weekend, and if I get it then I should be able to procure the financial leverage to make another war this year. So, if you pray, pray I get the job.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu May 23, 2013 7:00 pm

I am going to leave tomorrow morning after breakfast. If all goes well, I should arrive at Scott's place at 4PM. See you guys then! I don't think I'll be able to log in here tomorrow morning, but I'll bring my laptop with me so I can keep in touch after I get there. I also looked at the weather, and it now calls for a 50% chance of rain on Friday, but 10% on Saturday and 0% on Sunday. At least it still looks better than MOAB and Downpour 2012. Maybe I'll end up staying in Scott's house though, if he doesn't mind.

CA99: How about a baseball rivalry instead? Me and my brothers vs. everybody else. :goofy:

marauder: Does that mean you'll be able to make it to Downpour?

Edit: Oh by the way DX, don't forget the 2000/2500 pump!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu May 23, 2013 7:02 pm

@marauder: If I prayed, I'd pray for a working 1500 and an extra 2000 (and that job I'm searching for, of course), but it'd probably be to the wrong god anyways. :goofy: Anyway, I too, have an interview; several actually, going on. The only way to go with job searching is to release a riot blast and hope to soak as many targets as possible at one time, but so far, my droplets are missing. Got declined from many jobs so far, but have one (maybe two) interviews lined up after Soakemore. Perhaps it's just a game of opportunities: Apply once, and you may or may not get the job. Apply at a bunch of places, and eventually you gotta get something.

That said, after Soakemore, I will abstain from further community wars until I'm able to secure a source of funding for the war effort as well as be able to take the necessary days off. Sorry SEAL, but this one looks more fun and looks to be a more unique experience for me than Downpour.

@SEAL: If we do a baseball rivalry, we'd also have to do a Halo 4 rivalry, but we don't have time for all those rivalries lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu May 23, 2013 7:08 pm

I may be able to make Downpour, depending on work schedule. Of course... that's assuming I get the job. At this point, I'm going to have to fly anywhere outside of the south, 'cuz that's about as far as I can drive. It's about a 24 hour drive from here to NY.

I know I keep saying this, but please take as many videos and pictures as you can.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm

I'm praying the CPS 1500 I ordered comes in tomorrow, it got delayed in shipping and this war is the main reason I bought it!

@CA99: as far as battling around my house goes, it feels cramped 1 on 1! We would have way too many people, if my neighbor lets me use his yard as well, then it might work. The only thing with that is that then we would have a 10 year old in the war! Though, considering his age, he is really good, I'd invite him to the island war if he could only carry something bigger then a Colossus.

If we do a baseball rivalry, a have a 1/10 batting average (I hit one out of every 10 balls thrown at me!), so I probably will sit that out. I can't catch ether. You guys can play baseball while I use the other diamond as an airstrip for my RC plane. This time of year though, both baseball diamonds are usually used from sunup to sundown, so good luck finding the space to do it.

For the night gaming rivalry, I'm pretty well covered. The only thing I might ask is if you have a N64 controller or two, bring them. I only have two regular N64 remotes and it is pretty hard to play Super Smash bro's with a steering wheel.
If anyone has any games they would like to bring, feel free. I have a PS2, Nintendo 64, and a Wii. Since this is mainly a water war though, I wouldn't bring more then a few games since I, for one, plan on mainly having water battles. The gaming thing is really more of a side idea for when we are tired after a day of war.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 pm

I'll probably actually be writing war reports, opening blasters, etc. while people play baseball lol.

Rather late heads-up to tell me to bring N64 controllers. I will have to make a run to my friend's apartment tomorrow morning. (They're my controllers and N64 though, so that won't be a problem.) That said, I'm feeling super-lazy and would rather focus on war equipment. I will likely miss all the games on Friday (ETA 11pm-1am) but I may be able to stay for Monday morning's wars.

Now, good time to blast Pantera to get pumped up for the weekend...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3JSbOt7CLo
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu May 23, 2013 10:06 pm

OK, I am going to bed now, good luck on getting here everyone. As I have said, I will try and keep my phone on me in case anyone needs to call tomorrow.
I just hope I sleep OK tonight, I'm not sure if it has been that I am subconsciously worried about the war or what, but I haven't gotten much sleep the last few days.

As I have mentioned before, I may have to pick a few local friend up Friday, should be around noon, so none of you should be here yet, but just in case I figured I'd let everyone know.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 23, 2013 10:37 pm

I probably won't get there until around 7 or 8 PM. I won't be bringing as many loaner guns as usual, since I'm bringing a bunch of other guns. For those who want 1200s, I have 1 or 2 others in working condition that aren't listed in the sale thread.

Because this war is going to be more laid back, I am going to experiment in more rounds than usual. Homemades, baby! That is, assuming my 3" APH and 2" APH cure tonight with this wet weather.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu May 23, 2013 11:58 pm

I myself have only prepared for my friend and I, don't intend on packing anything specifically for loaning, just need to fulfill the AP only and BBT only requirements for those rounds.

I will most definitely be bringing my homemades as well. Douchenator hot off the press, APH and CPH ready for action. And I just realized I forgot to pack the LRT, better get that taken care of NOW!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 24, 2013 1:28 am

My homemades will not cure with this kind of weather after all, so I'm just gonna glue them when I get there. There's so many other things I just didn't have time for. I wanted to fix the pressure leaks in my best 2000s, retrofit my PSPII, reinforce triggers, got around to none of it.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri May 24, 2013 6:14 pm

So... Who's there? I have about 5 hours of driving left as of this post. I should probably text instead of posting here lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri May 24, 2013 7:04 pm

My brothers and I are here. We got here around 3:50 PM (we left at 9:30 AM and only stopped once), and we went exploring with Scott and found an EPIC spot for night battles, which we will put to the test once it gets dark out. Unfortunately DX said he probably wasn't going to be here until midnight, and CA99 will apparently get here even later. We have 6 people though, so it's enough. I can't wait. I'll try to take pictures, but it might be too dark to see anything.

As for baseball, we didn't have room to pack our tent, let alone our baseball gear. It's a shame because there were some really nice fields near the battleground that we found (around a school).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Chief

Post by Chief » Sat May 25, 2013 1:58 am

The night battle was epic i didn't get any pictures
but I'll take some tomorrow and post them

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat May 25, 2013 8:25 am

Yeah, it was intense. We actually used stealth tactics! That location was seriously awesome, though we looked extremely sketchy fighting there, haha.

Now, I am waiting for everyone else to wake up (I'll bring up the subject of alarm clocks for tomorrow)... Can't wait to start today's fighting.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat May 25, 2013 11:27 am

I like the new avatar Keith. Can't wait to hear about what happened.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat May 25, 2013 7:24 pm

We got like 5 rounds in today (though night rounds are planned); there's definitely something to be said for early preparation. We have to stop just doing stuff on the spot. We did an awesome OHS round in really thick undergrowth; stealth played an important role, and there were a few ambushes. Then we did HTL at this tree-house, but I sensed that the round would be kind of boring, and decided to sit out and film. I got plenty of footage, but it isn't that great because my predictions were right. Then we did naval HTL (the current was too strong for boat vs. boat games) which took like an hour to prepare for. In the first round, my team defended and I got the first-ever Douchenator kill when I shot Drenchenator in one of the boats. It was really crazy because the balloon hit the water just short of the boat, but it bounced off the surface like a skipping stone and hit him. Unfortunately I don't think we got it on film. The next round, my team attacked, but we couldn't even get to shore because it was so easy for the enemy team to defend it (in the last round the enemy only got ashore because most of us were busy preparing the launchers). I had to kneel in the canoe for the entire time, and my knees were practically screaming in pain. I definitely did not enjoy that round, and I think that naval beach assault games need a lot more attackers than defenders. It's so imbalanced because the attackers can't dodge on their boats.

Then we did a OHK game in the same place as the first round. I f***ed that one up pretty badly, and I don't feel like discussing it. It wasn't as much fun as the first one either. Hopefully we'll have some night wars by the school again tonight. The first night round (well, second, but the first round ended 0-0) was probably my favorite round so far. That place is so great.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Chief

Post by Chief » Sat May 25, 2013 10:16 pm

It's 10:50 and I don't think we're going to have any night fight. I got some pictures. But I don't know how to post them off my IPod
I'll try to remember to post when I get home

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 26, 2013 9:46 am

Then we did a OHK game in the same place as the first round. I f***ed that one up pretty badly, and I don't feel like discussing it.
AKA Keith went all the way around and shot them in the back while Scott and I distracted them up front :) Unfortunately, the WBL hit is not on video. I forgot to turn it on until like halfway through the round, although the angle it was on wouldn't have captured the hit anyway.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 am

I lost my glasses while attacking for beach landing HTL. Rules were infinite lives for attackers and 3 lives for defenders. When defending at first, we had several WBL crews, including my friend and I.

When attacking, we used my homemades with the tubes dipped in the water. After being unable to land repeatedly, I lost my glasses after our last run when time ran out. A branch clipped it off.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare