Catskill Mountain SEALs Blaster Matchup Duels

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Catskill Mountain SEALs Blaster Matchup Duels

Post by SEAL » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Remember marauder's duelfest thread? Well, someone suggested that we do the same, so after the snow melted a bit, we did just that. We found a great place to do it, in a pine forest near an old hunting cabin (no, you can't go in; the door is locked). This thread will contain the results of these duels.

The way we do it is by letting all three of us use each gun against each opponent. That means there are 6 total matches, each lasting 10 minutes (though we were talking about shortening them to 5). We write down scores for each gun on a piece of paper (at the spawn point), and add them all up when we're done.

Super Soaker CPS 1200 vs. Super Soaker CPS 1021

Winner: Super Soaker CPS 1021 w/ 27 kills
Loser: Super Soaker CPS 1200 w/ 22 kills

Notes: One of the best duels I've ever had in my life. It was very intense, and far more fun than most of the rounds I have with my brothers. I think it's because we usually fight with weaker guns (to sort of preserve our better weapons), which are harder to hit people with, and make the rounds more dull. Anyway, the 1021 (or 1100, whichever you prefer) was clearly the more powerful gun; when I stood aside as the ref/timekeeper, I noticed that it had a slightly thicker and much better laminated stream than the 1200, and the stream speed was far superior. We measured 41 feet for the 1200 and 43' for the 1021, so range didn't play as important a part in the dueling. However, the 1200 lasts longer than the 1021, and skirmishes better, which I believe is why it got as many kills as it did. A productive day it was, and we got some absolutely epic pictures that either me or my brother will post.

There is more to come; I want to do 2500 vs. 2700 (which we didn't do today because it was a little cold), Vanquisher vs. 1200, Vanquisher vs. 270, and maybe 12K vs. 1021 or 12K vs. 21K. Stay tuned.

~SEAL
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Catskill Mountain SEALs Blaster Matchup Duels

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:23 pm

That's awesome. Sounds like it was a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to reading the others.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 pm

I tried Storm typhoon force 2 pistol against a 270, (I had the pistol, my brother had the 270) And I won with the pistol. but also, my brother is much younger than me, and we didn't switch guns around, because the Storm was to hard to pump for him.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Here are the pictures of the 1200 vs. 1021 battle.

It's gonna be a fight to the death.

The base of operations.

Going prone. (Note: One should never actually do this in a real war, unless the objective is to stay hidden.)

The heat of battle.

The hermit's view of things.

The most epic way to refill a water gun. Ever.

Like a boss.

IT'S A SWARM OF BEES!!!

"Get offa mah property!"

Flushing out those damn coons. (He was actually shooting at me...)

I like this picture for some reason.

Stream collision! I absolutely love it when this happens. It results in an awesome explosion of mist.

The final results (which you can't actually see because the iPod camera sucks).

Hope you like 'em!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Wow, some how I missed those photos! You know you're hardcore if you have a CPS match in the snow :lol:. I'd like to see some duels featuring the Blazer, Gorgon, Vanquisher, 1200, and 6000 after you receive my guns.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:44 pm

I missed them too, nice pics!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:50 am

That's funny.

If I have time, I would like to do more of these, like 2000 vs. 300, 2500 vs. 2700, 2000 vs. 2500, 1500 vs. 2500, etc. They do take quite a while though. However I'm definitely going to do a battle of the 50-footers when I get the chance.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:11 pm

By the way, sorry but I won't be sending you those guns after all. Yesterday I went to the Post Office and it was an additional fee to send them in a box with an odd number dimension. I had never heard of that before. Guess all my boxes were normal even dimensions. Because it was 13" and not 12" it was going to be almost $40 instead of $20. How crazy is that? I would have just asked if it would count as 14" if I had just glued a bunch of cardboard to one side :lol:

Now I have to try to find space in my car for all of my stuff for moving, including these guns.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:46 pm

There is no such fee. Probably what happened was that the box was one inch over the largest dimension for that price class, bumping it up into the next price class. It still sounds like too severe of a gap, though. What were the dimensions, weight, and zip code? That begs to be double checked.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:33 pm

That's what I was thinking. I've found that a lot of people at the post office don't know the specific details of price classes. I really need to get a shipping scale when I move so that I can calculate postage accurately ahead of time. The box was 13" by 8 by 10. I asked if 12" was the cut off for that price class and she said no she didn't know what the cut off for the price class was, but they charged extra for odd shaped boxes. I asked what she meant by odd shaped boxes, since the box was a rectangular prism, nothing strange like a tetragon. She said any box with an odd numbered dimension. Weight was 9 pounds, and zip code was 12494

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:27 pm

The rates I got were:

Large Package, weight 9 lbs 0 oz, mailed on July 24 after 8:00 AM
from STARKVILLE MS 39759 to (deleted; I don't want my location made public. -SEAL) NY

Priority $22.41
Standard $17.45

I tried moving the dimensions from 13" to 12" and nothing changed.
I tried the irregular shape option with girth and nothing changed.

I know that they charge extra for irregular shapes, but evidently there is no way to make the form accept a rectangular box as irregular no matter what dimensions you use (think tires, toolboxes, guitars, these things incur the fee) Standard Post can't be ordered online, and since your postal clerks seem to have no idea what's going on, I would just order Priority online, print it, and bring it to the Post Office as a drop-off.

The UPS Store I work at is an authorized postal outlet, I can rate and ring up some USPS services with Endicia synced with iShip. I know for a fact that there's no such thing as even and odd dimension differences. As long as it's completely rectangular/cubic, it goes regular rate and the computerized pricing system could not care less as long as it's under the size and weight limits, which are much higher than you need to worry about with this box.

I call complete BS on what the clerk told you.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Unfortunately it's too late to get it there with standard post and I can't afford to send it priority unless someone wants to rent my guns for a while, basically just pay for shipping and use them now until I see them, possibly longer. Moving 2 people's stuff with only a Honda Civic is very difficult. There's no way I'm just giving away my Gorgon and Blazer to some Thrift Store here. If I have to I will pay to just mail them to my parents house while we are figuring out where we get to move to. I'm also open to trading for a laptop for my sister in law and nephews since their current computer is down.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:17 pm

If you want, I can send you half and you can ship them to your parent's house. I am out of storage space until I sell more guns.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Lol "get off mah property"
"The world is yours" - Nas