WWN League Spring Opener

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: WWN League Spring Opener

Post by Fishfan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:29 pm

When does it end?

DX

Post by DX » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:52 pm

When the other team is dead.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:41 pm

:goofy:
But seriously, when will the event itself end? 25th? 26th?

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Duxburian wrote:When the other team is dead.
/thread won

Current dates are sat March 23rd to Monday March 25th, but these dates are rather flexible. If someone cant make it til Monday we can still fight Teusday the 26th. What time Friday or Saturday can people get to my house? That will help me plan the schedule.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Duxburian wrote:When the other team is dead.
That's not going to work because I have to go back to school the following week. I can stay for the whole week up until the weekend; most likely the length of my stay will be dictated by how many people are still around to fight. If there's less than 6 I won't consider it to be worth it. As for arrival time, I'm hoping to get there roughly an hour or so before Saturday (in other words, midnight, haha).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:55 pm

At this point I can get there on whatever day and leave on whatever day, but the travel time is similar to Seal's. Probably could not get there earlier than sunset on the arrival day.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Friday could exclusively be set up and night fighting. Would be interesting tostart off that way. SEAL, I will have a video for you of your 2 campsite options done in 2 days. Show it to your team and talk about it, probably be best to do that onyour team forum. Whichever you decide togo with I will have set up for you. I should have a tarp to put down for yall.

Wetmonkey needs to pick a side to camp with. Note, this does not mean all of our rounds will be based on these teams. We will switch up teams a lot.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Sorry guys, but once again, vacations take priority. Still trying for NY this summer though.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Wow dude, you take a lot of vacations, haha. I'm actually kinda envious.

M4: I don't know if I can fight very well after sitting in the car for 10 hours, but I'll try... By the way, sometime during my stay we need to go on a "1500 hunt" (unless you've found it by then). Oh, one more thing; I want to try playing Soak 'n' Destroy at this war. It sounds like it might be fun.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 pm

I have uploaded a video for each possible campsite. They are the 2 most recent on my page http://www.youtube.com/user/PunkR0ckCowboy

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:29 pm

The weekend of the 23 is right after my spring break ends. So I could probably come up on Thursday if need be. My school starts again on the 25 and if I'm still very behind (like I am now), I would probably have to leave on Sunday. I will do my best to catch up though the way my classes are laid out I would want to leave at the latest Tuesday. The class I am really worried about runs Mon. Wends. Fri. so I might be able to skip Monday, but if I skip more then that there is a high likelihood that I would not pass the class (I have already missed 4 days due to an illness).
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:06 pm

marauder wrote:I have uploaded a video for each possible campsite. They are the 2 most recent on my page http://www.youtube.com/user/PunkR0ckCowboy
Thanks! I'll let you know which one we end up choosing. Does your team get the one that we don't take? Oh, and what kind of rounds are we going to be having in between campsites? Will they be at night?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Night rounds will be standard 1 hit scores. Most rivalry rounds will begin with both teams starting from their bases. I want us to be at least 1/4 mile away from each other in the beginning. Those rounds will also be 1 hit scores. The day time rivalry rounds will probably be 2 hours long. The night time ones will be much longer than that, probably around 5 hours. So, unless you plan on staying in place the entire time water is not going to be important as terrain.

We do not have a campsite yet. It may very will be the one you don't choose, but I'm not sure yet. I will show it to you so you know where to attack.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:27 am

I hope we have a No Soaking the Tents rule. If they get caught in the crossfire then getting a little wet isn't avoidable but we aren't allowed to say, attack the other teams base because they left it unguarded are we?

Also how many days is this thing going to last? I will have to leave Tuesday afternoon at the latest. You all are lucky that your spring break fits perfectly with this. Every school I have even attended always decides to have spring break at a time when 90% of the country is still in school.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 am

While I am all about fully exploiting any vulnerabilities you have, or mistakes you make, soaking the inside of your tent is very poor sportsmanship. We're not going to do that or take your personal belongings. If we do happen to attack your base and you're there, just know that the tents may get wet on the outside, so keep them zipped up. I do not have an end date for this yet. It will be determined much closer to the event, based upon when most people are leaving.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:47 pm

That's good. By the looks of it, I might have to start leaving on Sunday, and probably start going back on Tuesday/Wednesday, if I even go.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Unfortunately I won't be coming to this war. That week will represent the first vacation I've had since Christmas, and quite frankly I need the time to relax. Please post lots of pictures so that I can live vicariously through you guys!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 pm

There will be lots of footage and pictures. The Main problem is going to be editing all of that footage and finally uploading it.

UPDATE

Bring however many guns you can carry in, just know that you will drive to my house and then I will drive you in my car to the battleground and drop you off and you will have to hike in. I'm not going to set a limit, just be smart. I am now planning on using the Vermin War 12 battleground for an additional battle or 2... so you may want to go back and read that war story. Also, I'm trying to work out a night fight in a house that's under construction. Not sure if we'll be allowed yet, but it would be awesome.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:31 pm

What do you think about only tracking team stats for some of the rounds? As in, there is a score and you win, lose, or draw, and that is it? Nick and I discussed this and felt that people will be encouraged to take more risks if they don't have to worry about every death ruining their individual stats. Of course, who hit who could still be tracked, and it's probably the best way to keep score in a long game, it just wouldn't count on the wiki. I think that the rounds where people were not really concerned about dying were the most intense thus far, like First and Second Thunder Gulch, the CTF rounds, the Hydropoc Hill Turkey Shoot, and the final round of Downpour '12. Now, our fighting produces way too many 0-0 ties.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:47 pm

I have a few rounds in mind where individual stats are not as important as team stats, including CTF, however I think it would be best to talk about this via chat in the skype chat room. I am going to be free pretty much any time before Saturday. Send me a message over here, text message, or post here to let me know when you'll be on to discuss this and other things about the war.