WWN League Spring Opener

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

WWN League Spring Opener

Post by marauder » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Begins March 22nd

Confirmed Attendance List
Marauder
SEAL
Drenchenator
Firebird
CA99
Chief
Duxburian

Maybe:
Fishfan
the Oncoming Storm
Chris (friend of M4)
Paul (friend of M4)

What to bring:
As many guns as you can bring in. You will be hiking into the site and your car will be parked far away, don't bring too much. Bring at least 1 water warriors gun and 1 air pressure gun.
Homemades
Launchers
A sleeping bag
Longsleeve shirt(s)
Long pants
Extra socks
A towel
A case of your favorite soft drink - hopefully we all get to try new things
A Flashlight

Schedule of Events
Friday: 1hk rivalry

Sat: CTF rivalry 830-930
AP Only 10-11
Water Warriors Only rivalry 12-1
VIP (2 rounds) 2-4
Waterballoon Dodgeball 5-530
Under Construction House 7

Sun: Launchers + homemades only rivalry
Crazy CTF
AP Only Rivalry
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan

Re: Spring Water War

Post by Fishfan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Woah, slow down, is this where you are? If so, I might make it! Oh and with tents, I have one tent that is 4 person (Though better for two people with gear) and a 6 person tent (Better for four people with gear).
Also I'm on SS liberation front, just saying!
You have no idea how much I just got jazzed. I can't wait!!

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Yes, it will be in Clayton, North Carolina. Just warning you though, there is no parking lot, there is no park office or anything. It's not even a park, this is conservation land. We will park our cars in an undeveloped neighborhood right next to mine. The area is safe but you won't be able to see your car from where we camp. It would be great if you can come, but there is absolutely nothing for parents to do here and we will be off in the woods for at least 2 days. Just things to consider.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Well, my dad will probably want to see the action. And to supervise me, make sure I'm OK. And he is scoutmaster of my troop, he knows how to camp, and so do I. Maybe can we do it for 3 or 4 days? I'd like to make this a really worthwhile thing to come to, and 2 days isn't so much. Not saying it won't be worthwhile though.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 am

I will be there. I'm really looking forward to this. It would be great if we had this more than two days, like Fishfan said. I'll have plenty of free time during my spring break, so I can do almost a week of fighting (though that might be a little much). I assume it'll be warm enough down there to not have weaponry restrictions.

I am going to see if I can get my cousins who live nearby to come. I think they should be able to handle this (they are older than M4's nephews), though if not they can always go back home.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:34 pm

My spring break is flexible, I can choose (Within some restrictions). Also, can we do more than one CTF? Maybe a day CTF and a night CTF? Because it sounds like a lot of fun, from the descriptions I've read.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Just a note that multiple long rounds on back to back days are punishing on the body, so everyone will need to come in good shape.

A couple things I think we should try:

- Carpe instead of normal CTF. See any NIC site for the rules. We may need to modify it a bit, but I think that would be a much more intense way to do CTF.

- A long round that stretches from the evening to late night instead of a shorter night battle. You can be attacked while eating dinner or while attempting to sleep. I say attempting because 3/4 x 1/4 is not actually that large of a place, and you will be found :p

- An all-homemade round. If you don't have the money or experience to build a full one, you could just make a PVC Piston Pumper which gets great ranges for less than $5 worth of parts and is seriously easy to build. I don't think anyone has ever used a homemade as a primary in a serious round, it would be cool.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Carpe was pretty fun at NJ; it could be great if we did it over a fairly long distance. I think we should do normal CTF as well. I'm in favor of a longer night battle, though I do still have a few concerns about fighting deep in the woods at night. M4, are there any dangerous areas at the place? As for an all-homemade round, I'll have to fix my APH, haha (it befell the same fate as DX's Douchenator). But the only other homemades I have are the single-shot SCH and a 2L homemade that gets 27 feet. Though the Douchenator counts as a homemade, right? I've been meaning to build a CPH but I need spare money. I don't think I'll have time to make any piston guns.

Hopefully I'll be in pretty good shape by then. I just need to keep it up at the gym and not take long breaks from it (like now...). Strength is not a problem, but if I don't work out for more than a few weeks, my endurance goes down the toilet.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Not sure if my CPH will be in working condition by the war, I have to replace the PC case, replace the PC, replace the pump, get a frame, get a laminator, get a new solar shower for it, you get the idea.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm

I'd love to use lots of homemades, firing at each other from opposite sides of the creek. Not sure how practical that idea is, but it would be fun. Here are some images of the battlefield:

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Why do you guys have to keep coming up with wars that are so tempting? :goofy:

Once again, I am one of the closest, but probably have the least chance of attending. Though the battlefield looks really nice and I might have to pull for this over Downpour if I get the chance to go to this one. And track should get me in shape well enough.

Argh.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 pm

atvan, I'll be going practically right through your area; I could give you a ride if your parents are okay with it. You have to promise to be on my team though. :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Tentative dates right now is March 22nd through 24th. If you come the 21st we can fight for 3 full days. I mean... I'm going to be here the whole time, so really it's up to y'all.

We will play a mix of rivalry and traditional mixed team rounds. In regards to mixed team rounds I would like to schedule the teams in advance, along with the battles. The reason for this is that I've noticed we have a tendency to form teams based off certain patterns. In other words, certain people end up playing with certain people more than others. I put together a little study on this, going back to the first community war. Below I will list people who have been to 2 or more wars, with the exception of Jack, Will, and Tiffany since there is no chance they will make this one. These lists will help us mix teams up more this time around. The following stats DO NOT include rivalry rounds. The following percentages were calculated as # of games played on the same team divided by number of games played as enemies. That way it does't matter if I missed Downpour this year or Scott missed the NY battles, etc.

DX plays on the same team as
SEAL 67% of rounds
Marauder 53%
Scott 50%
Chief 41%
Firebird 32%

SEAL
Duxburian 67%
Chief 59%
Scott 57%
Firebird 44%
Marauder 19%

Firebird
Scott 65%
Chief 62%
SEAL 44%
Duxburian 32%
Marauder 24%

Scott
Firebird 65%
Chief 59%
SEAL 57%
Duxburian 50%
Marauder 25%

Chief
Firebird 62%
Scott 59%
SEAL 59%
Duxburian 41%
Marauder 18%

Marauder
Duxburian 53%
Scott 25%
Firebird 24%
SEAL 19%
Chief 18%

Apparently no one likes me :xp15wblink:

AMBUSH

Post by AMBUSH » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:08 am

I am never on Marauder's team or DX's team anyway. I just pm Poseidon and he said that he is most likely to come to the war.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:06 pm

like 70%. downpour yes, this maybe...

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:19 pm

For me its 60% chance. Last time it was about 25% because it was so close to the war(time-wise), and also because it is so far. NC is a lot closer than CT, and also it's longer time till the war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 pm

marauder wrote:Tentative dates right now is March 22nd through 24th. If you come the 21st we can fight for 3 full days. I mean... I'm going to be here the whole time, so really it's up to y'all.
Ooh, I don't know if that will work out; my spring break is from the 25th to the 30th (though if you count weekends it's 23-31). I could probably get there late on the 23rd, but no earlier. I will have to see. M4, when is your spring break?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Im not going back to school til the fall semester. So if other people can go saturday to monday or even in the middle of the week thats fine by me. Just gotta talk to Scott. During the week would be good for me but probly bad for Nick.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:59 pm

How about from the 22 to the 25? Or 24 to 26 or 27?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Like I said, no earlier than the 23rd. Actually, the bulk of the fighting would have to be no earlier than the 24th, because I wouldn't be able to get there until late on the 23rd. The best time for me would be during the week. Let's see when Scott's free; same with Nick, but first find out if he can come at all.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~