WWN League Spring Opener

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: WWN League Spring Opener

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 am

Well, forecast just got more foreboding with the rain. If you want to get a hotel, well I guess that's ok. If the rain is really bad but off and on we can go to Clayton park where they have a shelter and we can still fight. I have absolutely no problem fighting in 50 degree weather if its drizzling in the woods.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:37 am

Well the hotel wasn't my idea. I totally wanted to camp out, but my parents were concerned that we would all die of lyme disease if we didn't take showers every night to flush off any ticks. We will still participate in night rounds, but instead of going to sleep in a tent we would just go over to the hotel. As for time wasted in the morning, most of you guys wake up like 2 hours after my brothers and I do anyway.

Of course, I'd also prefer to go myself, as it's a pain to rely on someone else to get around. But my parents think that we'll be thrown in a southern prison and get the chair if I take my brothers down by myself. Don't ask questions.

As for the rain (we didn't even give this war a 'rainy' name!), I'll do whatever you guys want. I don't care if it's raining or not, unless perhaps it's really cold or thundering. I don't really want to stay inside and play video games though. If it's really bad we could always share footage or have another modding party.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:53 am

I couldn't find any ticks when I went down to see the place.

Image - Note how Lyme Disease is virtually non-existant in North Carolina because the species of deer tick that carries it is virtually non-existent there. You're far more likely to pick one up walking to your car in NY. Lyme Disease is decidedly a coastal northeastern problem. It's also treatable and so many people here have had it, it's actually not that big of a deal. It was discovered in my state and we have hospitals that specialize in tick-borne illnesses.

I also don't want to sleep in or play video games. If I'm going to drive 10 hours alone, again, I want to spend as much time as possible soaking people.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Well don't talk to me; my opinions don't count for much here. However my brother did get lyme disease from a tick at Hydropocalypse, so that's why my parents are on alert-mode.

Also, I'm not sure if my crew will be able to fight on Friday night, because apparently we'll be going straight to the hotel when we get there. None of this is my doing.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Id tellyou to cut the umbilical cord, but I understand that your brothers aren't 18 yet and that probably has a lot to do with it. It's super super rare that anyone gets lime disease around here. Like unheard of but im sorry for keith or john. If Scott is gettin here early maybe we can have some rounds before it gets dark if drench comes in around te same time.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

AMBUSH

Post by AMBUSH » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm

I was the one who had lime disease after Hydropocalypse (I had four ticks, lol) We can still have night rounds but I don't know if we can have a night round on Friday.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Really? Lyme and 4 ticks? I stand corrected on NC having it then, but still - the chances are still far lower than at your own war, Downpour, where tick densities are much higher. I'd really like to have a night round on Friday despite the long drive, but whatevs. I think most of frustration is that this was supposed to be a more hardcore war than those in the past, but is quickly becoming less hardcore with each passing day. Not having campsites completely changes the nature of the long rounds (except CTF). Hopefully everyone is willing to get up early and have all of their guns ready because I don't want to drive 10 hours to waste time. It's one thing to have a later lunch and talk at my own war, but the amount of effort put into this deserves more time spent fighting.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Were you dressed properly? (Full camo for thick woods.) And bugspray helps too.

I'm up for a night round as well. The only thing that prevents me from going full hardcore (such as camping it out) is, like I said, my sensitivity to the cold. Perhaps something like this is better for summer when it's warmer and anyone can camp.

Anyway, regardless, we're still going to have an awesome game, and it's going to be filmed as well as I possibly can make it. I may even schedule a uStream event for other members to tune into when the game starts.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Well I think we can still make it more hardcore than past wars. I always get up real early whenever I'm sleeping away from home (at home I don't get up until like 10 AM haha), and my brothers usually do too. Like I said, we are usually the ones waiting for everyone else to wake up. So I'm sure by the time my crew gets over to the warzone, you guys will be just waking up. Unless of course you use alarm clocks...

I'm frustrated too, but I think we can still get plenty of fighting in. I think the main reason we wasted so much time at Hydropocalypse (besides filling the water balloons and making sabots) was that we were always traveling from place-to-place (which nobody except me will be doing at this war). We went from marauder's house to Umstead, from the campground at Umstead to the battlefields and lake, and worst of all, we spent over an hour getting lunch on Saturday. I strongly urge everybody to bring their own food.

As for ticks, you're right that there are more of them up here (I didn't get a single tick at Hydropocalypse, but I went on a walk through some local woods and found like 20 of the little f***ers on me), but I guess when we're up here we take showers at Wilson. That's all I can think of.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Well I guess I won't bring my PlayStation then? I don't really care to much ether way (I play too many video games as it is), but since it was going to rain so much Sunday, I figured I'd put it out there in case anyone wanted me to bring it. So unless anyone wants me to bring it, I probably won't, though I might still throw it in the car last minute if I have the time.

If people want me to camp out, I can. Though since I'd be camping with people who are supposed to be rivals, I want an understanding that there will be no pranks. A few jokes I'd be OK with, but I don't want to come back from the bathroom and get shot with a 2K.
Actually that gives me a thought, when we are just hanging out, maybe we should all carry squirt pistols (or Electrostorms :goofy: ) for such a purpose. I wouldn't mind getting pranked with one of those, I'd just rather not have to change my cloths after a prank.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:52 pm

So I guess I'll be leaving around lunchtime tomorrow. I have no idea what we're going to do when we get there. I want to hang out with you guys (and camp...), but we might just be going straight to the hotel. Ugh...

Everybody who needs my phone number should have it. Feel free to call me anytime tomorrow afternoon if there are changes, as I will not be able to check in here until late at night when I hook up with the hotel Wi-Fi. I feel so distant from everything now... It's rather frustrating. This trip was supposed to be my stress relief, but instead it seems like it's making it worse. Hopefully once I (finally) get onto the battlefield I'll forget about it and just have fun.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Google [Bot] Reading topic in Water Warfare Games and Events
Yeah that's right Google, this shit's TOMORROW!

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 pm

I'll most likely arrive late tomorrow night or early Saturday morning. I don't know exactly when yet, since I still don't know when I will leave. It all depends on when I leave work.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Despite the weather and a lot of people not being able to make it I think this is going to be an amazing war. We have a lot of good stuff lined up. I am really excited.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 am

OK, we are about to leave. This is like a family record, leaving for a trip by 12:00pm! Hope to be there between 5 and 6.

See you all then!

:soaked: :cps2500:
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:36 am

I arrive at RDU at 7:04 as said in the chat. It will be quick because I don't have any checked bags to wait for (They cost $50.) See you there Ben.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Arrived a few minutes ago after 12 hours of driving 651 miles. Nothing really interesting happened during the trip except for a Corvette that passed us going 90-100 MPH (you could still clearly hear the exhaust when it was like 1,000 feet in front of us). I've been getting pumped up listening to gangsta rap for the last 300 miles, but now I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I better get to bed soon.

See you guys tomorrow. I hope you can handle the fury of our disorganization. We'll bring it down on you. Fear it. ...okay I seriously have to stop typing now. Bye.

Oh, and DX, your last comment was hilarious.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:41 am

Whatever Scott tells you guys, I swear, it wasn't my fault!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:51 pm

So, how did today go? Pics?

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:07 pm

We shot water guns and stuff.