WWN League Spring Opener

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: WWN League Spring Opener

Post by Fishfan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:21 pm

marauder wrote:Fishfan, next summer?
Huh?
I also forgot to say, when I get a car too. Which will be difficult, because I'm saving for a college that costs as much as a Porsche PER YEAR. (52,000)

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Sorry, I meant, do you get your license next year? What college are you considering.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Nemesis lives in Kansas. That means he can get his learners permit when he turns 14, haha. (Or maybe I'm thinking of (a) different state(s).)

I have some updates. My cousins won't be coming to the war (although I will be visiting them afterward and I'll definitely bring out the guns), but we're planning on going to Florida afterwards for a sort of mini-vacation. Fishfan, thelaminator, I'm looking at you two. Even if you can't come to the war, you still have a chance to fight with a community member (actually three, because my brothers have accounts). PM me if you're interested.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Seal, that is correct. I will get my learners permit when i turn 14. I'm afraid that i won't be able to make it to a war though until i attain my full license, which i can't get until i'm 17.
"The world is yours" - Nas

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 pm

You guys are all welcome to make that horrible 16 hour drive to MI anytime HBWW's in season. (Which, technically, won't be until after this war.)

Anyways, the news already broke out, but I forgot to mention it here. I managed to clear up my schedule, book a flight, and will be attending this war as a new member of the SS Liberation Front! Sorry to SEAL for being unable to join the brotherhood, but marauder's my ride there from the airport anyway. That's my excuse at least. If you need one more person to be an asshole to you guys with this whole rivalry thing in order to boost team morale, I'd happily oblige with the trash talking, but I'd like to at least get to know you guys in person first lol.

Fishfan, good luck. That tuition's probably enough to equip and train an unstoppable soaking team; I hope it's well worth it for you.

Now, perhaps if I got in here earlier, I'd have more of a say in our playlist and inject a few hours of HBWW-dictated playtime. Next time I guess? Or maybe you guys will have a change of heart and we'll play at marauder's on the last day with some HBWW shenanigans. If you guys aren't coming to MI to experience the kind of wars I host, then I can at least try to re-create the HBWW experience in another backyard lol. (Although with everyone else lending me guns instead of the other way around, and with the absence of the VHS, dual Max-D pistols, and the Oozinator.)

Hey, my wars are fun, I swear! They're only boring when people don't want to play, which admittingly happens now and then, but they're not true, forum-posting, blaster-repairing, good water warriors anyway. :goofy: However, I will say that all the CPS's mingling with water balloons and 2x stream blasters, as well as the equipment mentioned earlier, do influence the character of my wars a lot. I don't know if others out there host wars quite like HBWW's with an awkward mix of both a serious and laid-back atmosphere. :)

Edit: Marauder, are you downsizing your armory like DX is? Because I'd trade an old laptop or two for a few guns.

I'm most interested in the following from DX's recent armory pic, but may be interested in other guns, particularly if they have some or a lot of combat effectiveness and I don't own any models of.
- CPS 1500/1700, 3200/3000
- SS 300
- Colossus 1st gen, Defender.

There's three laptops up for grabs. Specs (pictures/videos upon request):
1: Loose screen lid, around 14"ish. AMD Turion dual core 1.83 GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM (dual channel), 150 GB HDD, some crappy onboard graphics. 1280x800, webcam/mic
2: 15.4" (or 15.6"), AMD Turion dual core 2.33 GHz (or 2.00, I forgot), 3GB DDR2 RAM (not dual channel), 150 GB HDD, crappy onboard graphics. 1280x800, webcam/mic.
3: 15.6", AMD Athlon dual core 2.00 GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM (dual channel), 320 GB HDD, nVidia 8200m onboard graphics, 1366x768, no webcam, just mic.

I may only be able to bring two of these laptops at a time. Will come with power adapter, battery (old Li-Ions that are not able to hold a charge for long) and maybe one cheap/small 800 DPI mouse if wanted.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Nemesis wrote:Seal, that is correct. I will get my learners permit when i turn 14. I'm afraid that i won't be able to make it to a war though until i attain my full license, which i can't get until i'm 17.
State law here allows you to get your permit when you are 15, and get your license when your 16. 14? I don't know, but I find that outrageous.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Sam and I have been talking about having a round on Sunday where the top players from Saturday and Sunday have to use smaller guns and it's more of a challenge. What does everyone think?
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:11 pm

We might need to revise the schedule anyways. I don't see some of our game plans in there like Soakn' Destroy variations, which some people wanted to try out.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:51 pm

I think we should do all the unusual games on Sunday. The rivalry rounds can be more conventional. I don't have much time to give input though; I'm trying to finish this damn term paper before I leave, hahaha. (I probably shouldn't have gone Nerfing yesterday, but I still think it was worthwhile.)

marauder: That sounds pretty good to me.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:30 pm

The discussion of the new game idea came up when I brought up some HBWW antics from two summers ago. In one game, I took it upon myself to use an XP 270 in the midst of CPS's as a challenge, since my opponents were not particularly the brightest players despite being physically more capable than I was.

I'm going to assemble a games grab bag to list everything we plan to play, so we're sure of what we have to work with. We could use a revised schedule with more specifics and with the missing games (i.e. What I'm dubbing as "Pro-Challenger 1HS", the game where better players will get weaker blasters.), and do so based on the grab bag.

- 1HK Rivalry
- 1HS Rivalry
- WW only Rivalry
- AP only Rivalry
- VIP (2 rounds)
- Water Ballon Dodgeball
- Final Stand or Hold the Line Variation, or other game at Under-Construction House
- Homemades/WBL's only (Do we even have enough equipment for this?)
- Chaos (CTF or 1HS/1HK)
- Symmetrical Objective-Based Game (Non-CTF), such as Soakn' Destroy.
- Asymmetrical Objective-Based Game, such as Onslaught or Assault.
- Pro-Challenger 1HS Game (Best players from previous games get weaker and smaller blasters.)
- Breakthrough (Experimental game as listed on HBWW)
- Magic Hammer (As listed on HBWW), if anyone's interested.

What exactly are our rules on VIP? There's a lot of ways to play it other than "team looses if their VIP is hit". For example, teams may have infinite lives and then loose their ability to spawn once their VIP is hit.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 pm

If drenchinator comes you will have plenty of homemade :goofy: and I would like to see a classic only OHK round but with only one 300 per team
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Ok, I'm not going to be able to go to this. I wish I could, but we are too busy right now.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:17 pm

I should be able to bring 2 of Ben's APHs. In addition, I'm building one additional CPH from spare parts. If somebody wants this CPH after the battle, feel free to keep it, since I will have to scrap it afterwards (I don't have the room for it).
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Will the CPH be disassembleable or modular? If so, I may have room to ship it back amongst the boxes of stuff that'll need to return from buying/trading off of M4/DX.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Most of the connections are threaded, so it can be disassembled pretty easily.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:13 am

We could possibly use that extra CPH as some sort of prize. Now I think we may have enough for some sort of launchers and homemades only round, or at least launchers and homemades mostly.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 pm

It's supposed to be a little colder than expected this weekend. Forecast calls for a low of 34 Friday night. Saturday is supposed to be mid 50s with a low of 39 that night. Sunday is supposed to have a high of 49, low of 36 with 50% chance of rain. However, I also want to qualify all of this with the fact that weather forecasts 4-5 days out are only 25% accurate, so this will probably change.

Even so, we need to think about changes in lodging. It's been brought to my attention that SEAL's team is looking into staying at a hotel. This would drastically change the nature of this war. As you all know, the biggest hindrance to playing time is transportation to and from the battlefield. I addressed this at the end of last season and discussed with you all that I wanted to make it a priority that we camp out on the battlefield. The pros of staying at a hotel are nice, especially a warm bed and a shower at night, but this will come at the expense of at least an hour's worth of fighting time Saturday and Sunday morning, and probably more than twice that much each evening, as well as abandoning Friday night's round for anyone on SEAL's team, and last but certainly not least whatever amount of $ you have to pay for a hotel.

I ask you to consider if the above cost is worth it. Any good sleeping bag should be able to keep you warm down into the upper 30s, but if you simply lack the gear I am more than willing to donate 2 US Army cold weather sleeping bags for the cause. We have plenty of blankets at my house. Any kind of logistical issue is essentially a non issue. If it's the rain you are worried about, we can move lodging to my house on Sunday if it really ends up being that bad. My mom said you are more than welkcome. Please do not pay for a hotel room because a weather forecast that's 25% accurate at the moment is calling for a 50% chance of rain on Sunday.

Save yourself the money and save all of us the extra rounds and good time hanging out.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm willing to give up fighting time for a hotel if the weather isn't great, but money is a slight concern; I'd like to be able to find one of those cheap inns with free wifi; those places are always nice even if they're not that spacious. Plus it'll give a nice environment for me to wind down and compile war footage and write war reports.

No amount of money or playtime is worth my health though, and sleeping in 34 degrees is not an option for me. Don't know about others, but I've mentioned several times about my susceptibility to getting colds/flu due to the cold; sinuses aren't going to react nicely to say the least.

That said, I can also crash at your place and would be happy with that. We can run games in the backyard on Sunday if it indeed rains and the proximity to lodging would help out. I will not book any hotels, just look for them last minute if needed. (i.e. If it's too cold to sleep/camp and if we can't stay at your house all the time.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:33 pm

At this point I will probably be staying in a hotel too. I would really like to camp out, but unless SEAL and the rest of my team change their minds, I'd be the only one at the teams campsite. I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be staying at our rivals campsite (any midnight pranks might just send me into a CPS breaking rampage). I will be bringing a tent/sleeping bag anyway, so if any plans change last minute I will be ready.

My dad is also now coming, so we will have an extra person to film. My dad probably won't film the entire time, so it might be a good idea to decide which rounds we want him to film as he will probably want to take a nap after the first few.

We will probably get there mid afternoon on Friday, we are meeting at marauders house right?
If it still calls for pouring rain on Sunday, I might consider packing my PlayStation and a slew of games. I even have a multi-tap though only 3 working remotes right now.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Unlisted from Schedule: Gaming Rivalry.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare