Pictures From Sunday, Dec. 9th Meetup

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Pictures From Sunday, Dec. 9th Meetup

Post by SEAL » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm not going to write a war story for this, as it wasn't really a true war. Yes, I know I wrote one for Ulster Landing, but that was when I was trying to get as many League points as possible and I had more time to write it. Also, my memory isn't fresh like it was then. I will of course, give everybody a brief summary of events. I hope you enjoy the pictures, even though they ain't that great.

Brief Account:

We got together for a few battles on the 9th. What? Fine, I'll be a little less brief than that. I arrived at Shunemunk Mtn. or whatever, met M4, scouted the battleground a bit, then went back to wait for DX. When he arrived we hiked a mile or two into the woods looking for somewhere to fight. There were some pretty cool spots, but the teams would have to be army-sized to actually make use of the whole place. (Someday I want to have a war like that! Someday!) Finally we found a creek that we thought would be a cool place to fight. The terrain ended up giving us a tied game, or did someone get a kill? Either way, we didn't want to fight there anymore, and went exploring elsewhere. We found a gigantic culvert (probably 12 feet high) underneath a live railroad that looked like an epic place to shoot water at each other. So we screwed around there and on a nearby bridge for a while; a train did pass overhead while we faught, making everything shake. It was pretty sweet. However the battle was pretty constricted, so we went elsewhere. On the way back we faught in different parts of the woods, pulling off ambushes and charging across fields. When we finally got back to our cars, we street-raced over to Storm King state park (which borders the Hudson; much like Ulster Landing) for more fighting.

First, we held my brothers up in some old stone ruin. Then we faught on a hillside. Let me tell ya, CPS 2000s on high ground are a nightmare. We still won by not wasting gallons of H2O. After that we had a Nerf war on the beach. No, we were using water guns, but the battlefield gave off a strong "Nerf" feeling. All I can say about that is, I wish I used my 2700. That was the last battle, as it was getting dark. We then drove to a Mcdonalds for dinner, and I got lost in the Newburgh ghetto on the way back home. Good times. Now look at these amazing pictures.

Look out below!

Come on... Come on...

"Dude! There's something in there!"

"AAAHHH!"

"Zzzzz... *Snort* Honey, stop tickling me..."

This picture was taken by me in the locomotive. I was going to do a "Before and After" picture, but there are too many kids on this board.

Refilling.

More refilling.

Watch out! We got a bad-ass over here.

The prisoners.

"Oh my God! The enemy has a new warship!"

ERMAHGERD SERPERSERKERS!

~SEAL
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Pictures From Sunday, Dec. 9th Meetup

Post by marauder » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:18 pm

We actually did battle a lot. At least, we got a lot of rounds in, though they were short rounds. I had a lot of fun. The videos we got from this battle were amazing. I can't wait to see them online. But with everything else...time time time.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Fishfan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Neat! I like it. You guys must have had a lot of fun.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Yeah, I always prefer the longer OHK/OHS rounds, but this was still awesome. Half the fun was just hanging out. I wish we had one more person there.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.