Battle on Sunday the 9th?

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Battle on Sunday the 9th?

Post by marauder » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:32 pm

I will be in Newburgh on Sunday around lunch time. Would anybody (SEAL, Poseidon, DX, anyone else?) be interested in meeting up for lunch and then a fight. This will be the last day that I'm in the North East until... yeah and I'm moving back to Mississippi next April so I'll be even further away after next Spring.

There are several places we could fight: Stewart State Forest, Storm King State Park, Schunemunk Mountain, Black Rock Forest, Hudson Highlands, Goose Pond Mountain, Harriman State Park, Palisades Interstate Park. If anyone is interested in meeting up you'll need to pick out a place. Internet is out where I'm at, so I'm typing this at the library. You can get my phone # from DX or SEAL. Texting me is probably the best way to get a hold of me, but if you don't have texting *cough* SEAL *cough* you can call and I may be able to answer.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Battle on Sunday the 9th?

Post by SEAL » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Huh, is anyone interested? I'll be down if others want to do it. I don't really want to drive down there (okay, it's not that far, but still) for a battle with only 4 people, especially after having just gone to CT last weekend.

So guys, let me know how many of you are coming; I'll come if we can expect at least 6 people. I've never been to any of those parks, so I don't care which one we use.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:34 pm

I am game. I am familiar with some of those parks and they are collectively a huge wilderness. Storm King or Bear Mountain would probably provide the most dramatic background, but they are tall and rugged and freak me the eff out up high lol. Locations will need to be scouted because it's not at all like Dug Hill or Paine or even Onteora Lake. You can legitly get lost in most of these parks. I personally love Harriman, but I have no idea where we could fight there and it lacks a backdrop to the Hudson River.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Aw, come on guys, your killing me. Two wars on two weekends in a row? :x Wish I could come.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:11 am

I will be available on Sunday, so I can definitely be there if it looks promising. Where exactly would we be meeting up? I guess we can decide on where to fight over lunch. My brothers said that they're down, so we'd have at least 5? Hopefully we can get at least one more person.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm

I have internet again. Here are our options:

Stewart State Forest lots of ponds, lots of medium length (~1.5 miles) trails, map
Storm King State Park undeveloped, limited parking, rockier, no online map of trails that I can find
Schunemunk Mountain very rugged, trails are mostly longer (<2 miles), second site, map

Will come back to post the rest...
Black Rock Forest, Hudson Highlands, Goose Pond Mountain, Harriman State Park, Palisades Interstate Park
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:57 pm

^Well that's good, because I tried calling you like 5 times today. Where do you want to meet up? Just at one of the parks? Because you mentioned lunch. Personally, I don't care where we go, so don't ask me for my opinion.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:30 am

Black Rock Forest Camera View Map
Hudson Highlands Map
Goose Pond Mountain no map that i can find
Harriman State Park very big park, need to know smaller sections in order to find an applicable map

The most important thing for me is to get good battle footage for the compilation video we want to do. I do want to fight but I wouldn't mind goofing off and doing some staged scenes, or just finding one really awesome place to film and fighting there. I think we should rule off Harriman because it's too large, and Storm King and Goose Pond because of no online map. Those last 2 places probably have maps available at the parks, but I'd rather go somewhere with more information available. That way we decrease our chance of going into some place that's so backwoods that there's not enough information available for us to make a quick decision where to fight.

Oh, and Fishfan, DX and I fought with some other people on Monday too :D so it's been more than just the weekend...

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Still, it's not fair. :(
I'm not blaming you guys, btw.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm really liking Schunemunk Mountain. Check out the map.

It looks like we could park right off 87. The Sweet Clover and Dark Hollow trails look to feature a good balance of lowland and upland fighting, which would enable us to refill in the stream but also get some sweet shots on rockier ground or possibly even mountains. My idea is to hike in from 87, fill up, and look for a sweet place to fight/film, fight a round, refill in the creek, and continue on to the next place. What does everyone else think?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Right off 87!? I hope you don't mean off the road itself, haha. I'm good with Schunemunk (how the hell do you pronounce that? :goofy: ); is that where we are actually meeting up, or are we having lunch or whatever first?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:27 pm

I am going to be in Newburgh around 9:45, we could meet up for breakfast or brunch whatever around 10 ish and then go from there and fight until it gets dark. We (most likely) won't be able to keep going back to the parking lot, so I suggest everyone bring no more than 2 guns each. I request that you bring your 2700, 1200, 270, and Vanquisher because I need pictures of them/you for a project I'm doing. That doesn't mean you have to fight with them, I can take pictures in the parking lot if you want to fight with something else. Also, DX bring both your cameras and some duct tape. I want to get some sick FPS footage with the 2000! So bring that too. Lastly, I'd like to fight alongside SEAL and DX on the same team. You know we've never done that before? We could give John and Keith 2000s if DX is cool with that.

Tentative schedule
10 am eat
11:20 pictures at the parking lot/prepare
11:30 walk in/begin fighting
5ish leave

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 pm

So where are we meeting up? Just the parking lot of the park? I need to know where, as I'm leaving tomorrow and I want to know where I'm going.
marauder wrote:Lastly, I'd like to fight alongside SEAL and DX on the same team. You know we've never done that before? We could give John and Keith 2000s if DX is cool with that.
We would probably have to use small CPS/air pressure if we did that.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:00 pm

The parking lot off I 87. We can meet there at 10 am. And I'm probably going to be using an XXP 275 the entire day tomorrow. Just want to try it out.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Sweet, thanks. I already got the guns out that I'm planning to bring. I probably won't switch weapons much. This will be fun; see you tomorrow!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:36 am

Note that 87 has no exit near the park. The nearest exit I think is at the junction with 84 in Newburgh itself.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 am

^My directions actually led me to that exit, but instead of getting onto 84 it took me into the tandem trailer area, which led onto... Rt. 300 I think it was? It was pretty funny.

Anyway, we had a good time yesterday. How often does one get to fight in a huge culvert underneath a live railroad?

Oh, by the way, all I got when I searched for "Nadar" was this. I don't get it at all. :oo:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:33 pm

OOOH I figured it out! NADAR is not an acroynym or anything, it's simply the spanish verb for "swim". No swimming, no nadar. Now it makes sense haha.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 pm

*Slaps forehead* Why didn't I think of that before? :goofy: I should make "No Nadar" our team slogan, hahaha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Coincidences are fun. My spanish class just learned several words related to sports, nadar included.

Though if you saw a sign that said no nadar, that is prety funny. (NO TO SWIM!)
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple