Gauging interest in the Jersey Shore

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Gauging interest in the Jersey Shore

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 am

So currently you have a CPS 1200, an SS 300, XP 110, and XP 105? If you can get them all in working order that's not a bad start. I would rely on the 1200 and 300 for most of the fighting (1200 should probably carry extra ammo) and use the 110 and 105 to pull off ambushes and hit and runs from the flanks.

If you want a shotgun like sidearm I recommend the Water Warriors Python. It's small enough to where it won't weigh you down as a secondary, yet it still holds more water and shoots further than your 105 or 110. Your 105 can be used as a shotgun, just screw off the nozzle, but the effective range of the blast will be about 5 feet vs 34-35 feet for the Python's blast. The Flash Flood and Arctic Blast have more powerful shotgun blasts and the range is also rather high, but those guns are rather bulky for their size and are best used as primaries rather than sidearms. If you're looking for a cheap shotgun sidearm for soakfests or ambushing, rather than score or elimination based games I suggest le XP 65. Look at how violent that riot blast is!!!

Did you get a 100 and a 200 as well? I'm a huge fan of the 100 mk2. The best way to tell the mk2 apart from the mk1 is the pressure chamber as some mk2s were released in the original blue and yellow color scheme. It's a bit sturdier than the original and more powerful, plus they will be a good 6-8 years newer and are cheaper on ebay. I made a lot of hits with this gun in Downpour 2011. The 37 ft range is rather competitive and it gets A LOT of shots/tank while being very light and maneuverable. It's still more fragile than more modern soakers, but if you handle it with care it's a good medium/light rifle. The 200 is a gun I've always wanted to like but always end up being disappointed. The gun has gets an absurd amount of shots/tank, but it's underpowered, takes forever to pump up, and is incredibly fragile.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am

So a 100 is a better than a 200? Sadly they're all mk1, and I have never been able to get the 105 I have's nozzle off
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:24 am

I don't know about an mk1 100 vs mk1 200... both are very fragile, however I would take an mk2 100 over a 200 every single battle. The 200 and 100 have similar strengths - shot time and capacity. Yes, the 200 has even more capacity and shot time than the 100 but understand, after a certain point it's just excessive. I liken it to using a Vindicator on the 0.5x? nozzle. Sure, it will last you 3 hours of intense fighting, but are you even going to get anyone wet with such a small nozzle? Do you even need that much field life? It's just not practical. The 100 has a strength the 200 doesn't have - it's very light and maneuverable. The 200 also takes too many pumps to fully pressurize.

Here are 2 stats sheets that may help you better understand weapons when you are picking them out/learning about the ones you have purchased:
http://hydrowar.com/shotspertank.html
http://hydrowar.com/rangedatabase.html

Note, I list tap shots or bursts as half second long shots. Some people, like DX take VERY rapid shots. The advantage of rapid firing is that you get more shots/tank. The disadvantage is that a longer stream is more likely to hit it's target, although you're also more likely to run out quicker. You will have to figure out how you like to take your tap shots. Understandably not all models will shoot exactly as I have them listed in the tables, and you're not always going to be taking .5 second shots as previously mentioned, but I do believe that the tables will give you a good general idea of 2 of the most critical capabilities of a blaster - field life and range. That way you can judge between potential buys.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:43 am

I couldn't find the 200 for the ranged, but with a strap and a ton of shell reinforcements it seems like both the 200 and (original) 100 would be great blasters outside of CPS rounds. I love the way they look, though as for primaries I also just got a xp 150 (10 shipped :D ) that should be here soon. Once the trade is done tomorrow I'll upload an arsenal for my team and the list of blasters we have (with a few repairs needed). Do you happen to know what size tubing goes into a ss 100's pinch valve/trigger? I would like to replace the tubing once I get them

Edit: Oh hey! It's a mk2, and the ss 200 is pretty solid. Also the handle is really large, especially for a kid.
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one