Fall 2012 Connecticut Water War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Fall 2012 Connecticut Water War

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm

As I have said before, I think a pistol should be able to fit in your pocket, so just about all the guns you just mentioned would be too big by my standards. Though only the Equalizer I have had experience with myself, the rest I just had to judge by isoakers stats page. The Equalizer I consider on the smaller end of midsized blasters, and most the others seamed about the same.
I would like to see what others of the Water Warfare community think; some people consider the uzi a large pistol in real life, maybe others will see the water warfare equivalent the same way.

One last thing, should I bring my 2500? My original plan wasn't to, but SEAL looks like he is bringing his, so...

I will check the site one last time in the morning, but after that I am leaving. If you need to reach me, try my cell. I probably wont pick up right away since I will be driving, but I will try and call you back. :)
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 am

I think the Equalizer, Defender, Python, and especially the Shot Blast are all too big for the pistol round (plus, the Shot Blast is a piston gun). I think pistols should be well... pistols. Handguns, if you will. The SC 400 would be fine.

As for battles, I'll do whatever you guys want. I'm totally fine with having a warm up battle and even a night round (unless maybe it's really cold).

Scott, I'm only bringing the 2500 for marauder. You can bring yours if you want, but I doubt we'll be using them. I'm not bringing the other two. (Though you've probably already left, so it's too late.)
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 am

SEAL wrote: Scott, I'm only bringing the 2500 for marauder. You can bring yours if you want, but I doubt we'll be using them. I'm not bringing the other two. (Though you've probably already left, so it's too late.)
Nope still here, though only for about half an hour. We are packing the car now. I will post again when I'm leaving. I wont bring my 2500, I doubt it will be warm enough, and even if it is, it would only be on Sunday.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 am

OK, I am leaving now, hope to get there between 6 and 7pm. I wanted to get there before dark, but I'm not sure we have ever left for a trip before 12:00pm so this is pretty good for me.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Alright, I finally got my laptop hooked up to DX's Wi-Fi. I am now sitting up in the barn/garage thing with Scott, DX, and my brothers. Scott and Jon are playing a racing game on Scott's computer (very amusing), and the rest of us are just sort of sitting around. We had some battles with M4 before, but they were mostly uneventful. I can't wait for tomorrow.

I wish the rest of you guys were here.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Fishfan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:33 pm

:cry: I'm sitting at home while I'll you guys are having fun. :cry:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Just got back from LBW. I'm eating lunch as I type. The rounds we had there were a blast; two OHS pistol-only rounds in the theater, and a CTF game in the pavilion. My team won both of the theater rounds, but we lost the CTF round because M4 played a very clever trick (however, they only got one kill and we got six) which I will elaborate on in my war story. We are going to have the long OHS round in a little while.

Fishfan, maybe you can make it to Downpour 2013?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:49 pm

The first rivalry war has ended in
A TIE!

Friday
Round 1 Tie
We fought amongst downed pine trees covered in snow. This was a very difficult fight and movement was restricted. No Hits were made.

Round 2 Super Soaker Liberation Front won 1 to 0
This round was fought in the woods in front of DX's house. DX took SEAL 1 on 1 while I faced Keith and John. For some reason, maybe the cold weather, the 12k was unable to overpower the Vanquisher or the 270. I successfully used the stone wall to my left to prevent Keith from flanking me. This funneled their attacks towards me and I was able to hit John, scoring our only hit of the day.
M4 12k 1,0
DX 12k 0,0

SEAL 1200 0,0
Keith Vanquisher 0,0
John XP 270 0,1

Saturday
Theater Round 1 Catskill Mountain SEALs defeat SS Liberation Front 4 to 2
I felt like DX and I had a very good plan for this round, until it actually happened. We planned on funneling the enemy team into the hallway. The two of us would hold them off while the rest of our team would snipe them from an old movie box?, which was basically impossible to shoot in to. Unfortunately my nephews sprung the ambush too soon and shot at Scott from about 50 feet out. They had no idea we had ppl in the tower until that point. We also didn't tell them where to be looking, or they failed to listen, but either way Scott was able to sneak around behind us a few times. To make things worse, the gallon jug DX had cached in the ceiling near the tower was too far into the wall for my nephews' short arms to reach. I had to go up in the tower and pull it out of the wall so we could refill.

M4 Defender + MD 3000 2,1
DX MD 4000 + MD 3000 0,1
Tiff Storm 760 0,0
Tony Defender + XP 40 0,0
Daniel MD 3000 0,2

SEAL MD 4000 0,0
Scott dual Crickets 3,1
Keith ? 1,1
John ? 0,0

Theater Round 2 Catskill Mountain SEALs defeat SS Liberation Front 2 to 1
We switched entrances to the theater. Our team decided to rush to the stage in order to defend. I had a great sniper position that I wanted to get to up in the ceiling. Most of the fighting took place stage right with DX taking on up to 3 people at a time, keeping them back. Our other 3 teammates ran back and forth trying to keep people from storming the stage. DX made some brilliant fakes, keeping Scott occupied. I kept hearing "Where's Ben?" while I was crawling around in the rafters. I was stalking Keith, who was guarding the door going to stage left. I was unable to move fast enough to get any shots off until about right before the battle was ending. Ideally Keith would open up the door and I'd unload my PC on him from directly above, but he never got close enough so I had to fire through a hole in the rafters at him out in the hallway. It was a nightmare of a shot. The ball valve opened up half way and water started gently flowing out the nozzle. Keith must of heard me because he turned around, saw the half way shot, and turned back to run. My trigger finger finally got it together and the ball valve opened all the way, letting a powerful 3x shot (nozzle was modded) surge out of the nozzle. I thought for sure I had missed him, but Keith is such a good sport that after the battle he told me to check just in case. Sure enough there was a trail of water down the back of his coat. Either way, by the time I got down from my position time was about to expire.

M4 Defender 1,0
DX MD 4000 0,0
Tiff Storm 760 0,0
Tony MD 3000 0,2
Daniel Defender 0,0

Scott dual Crickets 1,0
Keith ? 1,1
SEAL MD 4000 0,0
John ? 0,0

Pavillion Capture the Flag SS Liberation Front defeats Catskill Mountain SEALs
This was a very desperate battle. We were down 2 games to 1 at this point, but it felt like much more than that. We were on our heels the entirety of the last 2 battles, and now Tiff was feeling sick and couldn't play. The pavillion looks kinda like this =O= where the =s are 2 enclosed buildings with multiple rooms and the O is a roofed patio type area connecting the two buildings. Each team hid their flag at the furthest room in the back of their building. Our plan was to rush out of our building and pen them inside their building. Eventually we would get a hit and that person would have to go out to the respawn point and we could gang up on them and rack up the points. If no one had captured the flag after 20 minutes the game would be decided by points and we thought we could win. Wow, this did not happen like that at all. The other team made it out of their building before we did. I ran into my 9 year old nephew in front of me, it was just bad.

Fortunately we actually made it out of our front door and weren't penned in. I took up a position on our far right behind a column. I think everyone took cover behind columns. I was in a stand off with Scott, Vindicator vs 12k; but again my 12k was unable to overpower him, until well into the fight and then suddenly my stream started soaring. Even so, my nephews, like typical n00bs were getting pwned. It was just brutal. Tony had taken up a defensive spot inside an old concession stand with his 21k and he was unable to get up to fire without getting drenched. The points kept racking up against us, I knew I had to do something drastic, so I made a mad dash out of the roofed patio and around the entire outside of their building. I was behind enemy lines at this point, only John was in front of me, hiding somewhere inside their building protecting their flag. I ducked in to their building and took an immediate right down a hallway. I stalked down the hallway, avoiding John. Finally I dashed into the back room and seized their flag. At this point they knew that I was inside their building. I knew that there was no way I was making it out of their building with the flag without being shot. I also knew there was a hole in the back wall. I quickly made up my mind to throw the flag out the back of the building and come back to it after I was outside. Keith ambushed me at some point, I don't remember if it was before or after I got the flag, but I shot him. Then Scott came around the side and hit me. I ran back to the respawn point and then took off around their building again. The flag was lying outside the back of the building, just where I had dropped it out the hole in the wall. I grabbed it and ran around the rest of the outside of the building, around the line of battle in the open area, and back in to our base. When I emerged shouting victory they couldn't believe me. They wouldn't believe me until I took brought both flags out. We lost big on the points board, but I had brought the flag back before the 20 minutes were out! We were all tied up now!

M4 12k 1,1 flag captured
DX 12k 0,0
Daniel 21k 0,2
Tony 21k 0, 2

SEAL 1200 0,0
John XP 270 1,0
Keith Vanquisher 2,1
Scott Vindicator 2, 0

Paine Open Space tied 0 to 0
I gotta go, so I'll have to come back and explain this one later. We got a lot of good pictures. Can't wait to post! The stats aren't exactly right, DX has the actual paper, but this is close to accurate.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:47 pm

The last round was crazy. Me and my brothers had arrived early yesterday and scouted out Paine Open Space, so we knew exactly which hill to be on. We practically sprinted to it the second the round started. The other team was heading for the same hill, but we got there first. They actually didn't notice us until they were almost on top of the hill. I was in a bad position to pull off an ambush, and DX was pretty much looking right at me, so I had to attack earlier than I wanted to (I didn't want to let them get too high on the hill). I didn't hit anyone, but we forced them into a retreat. They ended up on this island in the middle of a lake with one bridge leading to it. ...they stayed there for the entire round. I had my team go off and hide, waiting for them to come off, but they didn't until the end of round, and I was in such a hurry to get all my guns together to start the round, that I forgot my cell phone, so DX couldn't call us, and ended up looking for us with a flashlight. Probably the most unique round I've ever played, haha.

M4, I got one kill in the 2nd theater round (I got the older of your nephews, can't remember the name), and I'm pretty sure I got one in the pavilion round too, but I can't remember who I hit.

Now we're just sitting around in the barn. We will try to have a few rounds tomorrow, then I'll be leaving.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:20 pm

so exciting, I would have made you guys lose though. :mrgreen:

AMBUSH

Re: Frozen Fury: Dec 1st-2nd, 2012 - Official Topic

Post by AMBUSH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:38 am

This war was awesome.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Sounds awesome; can't wait to see pics from the battles and beyond! I also really like the "tech session" you guys held. I'm sure it was a great opportunity to learn and share building/modding skills.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:20 pm

This was so awesome! Still suffering from a bit of an adrenaline crash though. Battling in the theater was my favorite part, but the whole war was epic. Marauder's nephews were really bad though, they really slowed Duxburian and Marauder down. It was hard not to hit them, I didn't even have to aim some of the time they'd just run right in front of my shots. I didn't realize I got a kill in the second theater round,I thought all my shots missed. Was so worried that Marauder was going to come on my flank since I hadn't seen him in so long that I couldn't keep all my focus up front.
Hopefully I can get some sort of battle report up. Probably wont be that detailed, but in the past I have made them so detailed that it takes 10 pages just for one battle!

I'm really looking forward to how that 2100 comes out. For those who weren't there Saturday Night we spent hours trying to fix a CPS 2100 mark I. We ended up putting 30 balloons on it while it was open. I think the gun was DX's to begin with but SEAL bought it. The trigger valve was broken so we ended up taking the trigger out of my MK II which had a broken pump, using the PC and casing from SEALs gun, and some missalanius parts from some of DX's broken 2100s. We broke one of the pipes getting the trigger out of my gun so I hope after all the work I hope it can be fixed.

Next war, prepare to face Franken-Blaster!

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

I personally find it hilarious that DX had no kills. :goofy:
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 pm

DX did get a couple kills on Sunday, but that was because he was on my team. :goofy: Speaking of that, I don't think I mentioned what we did on Sunday. It's not really worth writing home about, but it was still fun; we had two OHS rounds, one between two hills, and one around a pond. In the hill battle, it was me and DX vs. my brothers and Scott (who had to stop playing due to a uh, "problem" (understatement) with the 1500 he was using), and we won by successfully capturing a high spot. This was the only round where DX got kills; he was using a 2000 (yes, we screwed the rules for Sunday), so maybe that has something to do with it. He is very deadly with the 2000, that's for sure. The battle around the pond saw Scott filming me and Jon against DX and Keith using small CPS (3 1200s and one 10K). Only two kills were made in that round, both of which by moi (got both of my opponents once).

But yeah, this war rocked. The LBW rounds were definitely my favorite; it sucks that the city is tearing down the buildings so we'll never get to play in them again. It was like a 2-mile walk to get there, but it was well worth it. I'll have a war story with pictures sometime soon, probably around next week. I've got finals coming up in school though, so no promises.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 am

Well, it looks like I've been so busy that I forgot to check in here, let alone Skype with anyone. Can't wait to get to summer's wars.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat