Fall 2012 Connecticut Water War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Fall 2012 Connecticut Water War

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:01 pm

I have no footage of the lake battle. If I remember right M4's camera ran out of battery before the first boat even landed, so I don't think he has any footage either. I have footage from several of the Downpour battles: the hill assault, Vally of death, and I think at least one of the attack defend rounds. I also have "footage" of the thunder gulch round, though it missed the action entirely, so just has a bunch of walking through the trees and talking (I'd cut it if I were you).

Suddenly my dad wants to come with me to this, he wouldn't fight, but it would mean an extra camera man. It would also make my trip a lot faster since we could alternate driving (I can only drive 2 hours out of every 3-4 so I would have had to stop and rest 2 or 3 times).
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:28 am

marauder: That would be nice, but I would just borrow them; I wouldn't keep them (I'm going to get my own whenever I can). However I might have a camo coat laying around somewhere, which I'll probably wear. Maybe you can bring yours anyway in case I can't find anything (and even if I do, my brothers could use them).

Scott, are you staying for Sunday?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:58 am

Seal, you've got options if you come early enough on Friday. Battlezone Army Navy. 371 Post Road. They have a huge selection, it's where I got my BDU. However, they close at 6 PM on a Friday.

Weather Update!

It got revised upwards again, keeps getting better!

Saturday:
BF: 48/34
NWS: 42/37

Sunday:
BF: 52 (wow) /30
NWS: 48/39

However, we're still looking at 5x nozzles and below. 55 degrees is the cutoff for 10x.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 pm

I guess I will bring my 2700 then. I'm monitoring the weather as well; Weather Underground says there's a 50% chance of rain on Sunday, but then when you check the hourly forecast, it's like a 20% chance all day. I hope the latter is the correct one. Also, it looks like it will be in the mid-20s on Saturday morning, not 10, so that's good.

I'm planning to get there around 4:00, so I'd have time to stop at the store, but we'll see. By the way, are you revising the schedule, or keeping it as it is?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm

I think we should say, by 5x nozzles and below we mean any gun who's biggest nozzle is ~5x. That way people aren't breaking out 1500s, 2500s, 2700s, etc. They are just so powerful on those nozzles.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Well, the 2700 isn't any more powerful than 1200s/12Ks, but we could ban 1500s and 2500s (though if we're going to be that specific, we might as well allow my 2500 because it's such a weak example).

Hey DX, is the garage or barn or whatever heated? I thought you said it was, but I want to make sure.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm

I really wanted to use medium/small guns this war, but all I can feel right now is pissed off and horrified that my Gorgon was melted in an oven.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:17 pm

SEAL: I hope to stay Sunday, haven't talked to my dad much about that. Wouldn't want to get home too late, but I could probably stay for a few hours on Sunday, like 2 or 3 PM.

Marauder: Melted in an oven? How did that happen?!? I'm pissed that my Vindicators are broken, finally a round where people would be using guns that are about equal to them and I can't use either of them! Probably use the Colossus then, I have a 1000 and Vanquisher, but have never used either in combat so I'd rather stick with a gun I have experience with.

Edit: Never mind, I hadn't gotten to that thread yet. Yikes, that's worse then when my mom hid my Gameboy, at least my GBA was OK, even if she didn't find it for 6 years!
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 am

Bring your broken Vindicators. I will try to fix them for you.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 am

Hey DX, is the garage or barn or whatever heated? I thought you said it was, but I want to make sure.
We're all gonna freeze to death in our sleep...of course the place is heated. :oo: It's a large, finished, room with insulation.

The output limit applies the largest nozzle on the gun.

Scott, if you stay for some Sunday fighting, we will have 5 people. Just need 1 more person to stay to make that worthwhile.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:50 am

^Okay, just making sure (that and my parents wanted me to ask you...).

I don't think basing the output limit on the largest nozzle is necessary (heck, doesn't the Vindicator have a 6X?); I trust everyone to not secretly change the nozzle setting. Of course, if we're just using small/medium guns anyway, then it doesn't matter. Maybe we can bring out the big guns on Sunday, considering that it's supposed to be warmer (I'm not as excited to use smaller weaponry as you guys are, because that's all I ever use when my brothers and I fight).

If I can get Bailey to come, then we'll have 6 on Sunday. Otherwise, I would probably leave fairly early in the morning.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm

My Vindicators, at least, have a 6x, though I rarely used anything but the 3x. It is possible there is more then one model and the others don't have a 6x I think the output limit should be the smallest nozzle. I guess we wont know some of the people at the battle that well, but I don't think SEAL would hit you guys with a 10x when he is only allowed to use the 3x. Or was that limit to keep people from using guns that held way more water then anyone else.
I might be limited to what I can bring since my van just broke down today (it really doesn't like water wars). My dad thinks it is just a block in the fuel line, so it might be fixed by Friday, but if not we will be taking his car. If we take his car I can still bring 10-15 guns, it's just that I could have brought twice that much in the van.

Marauder: It would be great if you could help me fix one of my Vindicators, if you helped me get one working I could probably do the other myself since they both have the same problem.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 am

Scott, I sent you address and direction info.

There's more behind the nozzle limits than the output. However, I'll accept guns with 6x, 7x if you don't use those nozzles. iSoaker rates the Vindicator's top nozzle at 6.67x. Since there's a few ways to do output, that range should give enough of a cushion without opening up the next class of guns.

The forecast got revised back up to 55 on Sunday. That will open up anything goes or at least everything up to 10x, we'll see what the wind chill is.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:27 pm

So basically, anything more powerful than a 1000/1200/2100 is illegal.

Updates for me: I don't think Bailey is coming, but it's still possible. The check engine light is still on in the car, and I'm really, really hoping that it will be fine for the trip. Weather Underground still says there's a 50% chance of rain on Saturday, but the hour-by-hour forecast is all 10 or 20%. I hope this doesn't turn into another Downpour scenario (bad weather, broken down cars, etc.); this war will be like stress relief for me, so I don't want to come out of it feeling even worse.

Edit: Bailey can't come, unfortunately. Does this mean that fighting is off for Sunday?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Current forecast is 44 all day for Long Beach and 41 all day for Paine Open Space. Tony and Danny are watching Downpour and Hydropocalypse videos with me, pregaming. They are very excited.

Scott, I would have to take your Vindicators home, or at least one of them and make a video for you to fix the other one. I'm staying at my nephews house, not at DX's so I can't walk through it with you in person.

I hung out with DX today. Here's the new schedule:

Theater 1hs, small guns only, 20 minutes
Pavillion, 1hs, med guns, 20 minutes
Pavillion, 1hs, small guns, 20 minutes
Lunch
Paine Open Space, 1hs, med guns, battle until 430 ish

The reason for using small guns twice lies in the fact that they use less water than our primaries. There is simply no way we can carry out enough water to fight more than one round with our medium guns. We maximize fighting time by using smaller guns.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:41 pm

SEAL: What are you going to do if the car isn't OK for the trip? Do you have a second car?
On another note, my car is now fixed, they replaced the fuel pump and said that it should be fine now for a long trip. They also fixed the gas gauge while they had the tank open, which is nice since now I no longer have to trust that my mom was right about "it will go at least 230 miles before it runs out."

Fishfan

Re: Frozen Fury: Dec 1st-2nd, 2012 - Official Topic

Post by Fishfan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:21 pm

sad face.

Edit: I though posidon was going?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:56 pm

^So far, the car seems fine. I'm going to risk taking it. If it breaks down in the middle of the Thruway, well, then my life is officially f***ed.

I saw the other thread; it looks great. I'm guessing wetmonkey won't be coming, otherwise he would've said something by now.

I brought out my armory to pack tomorrow. So far, this is what I'll be bringing (subject to change).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 pm

You are in for some serious trouble. This evening my nephews scouted out your arsenal, read up on WWN, read articles on Hydrowar, and sat around drawing possible team flags and trying on camo - without me asking them to.

This is going to be an epic showdown on Saturday!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:11 pm

To everyone: Please review the pistol whitelist and the new schedule plan. Tonight is the last chance to adjust the pistol list and the schedule.

Is the equalizer too big? Is the defender too big? Is the python too big? What about the shot blast? SC 400? WW Wasp even?

And do you want to do the quick warm up battle before heading to Long Beach? What about the twilight/night battle after returning from Paine?