Last Second Victory! (Hydropocalypse)

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Last Second Victory! (Hydropocalypse)

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Note: this is a much better read over at Hydrowar because I have included pictures and embeded the video.

We decided to play capture the flag. Each team would have 2 flags, about 10m apart. The battle wouldn't be over until our pizza arrived, and the team with the most flags at that point would be declared the winner.

My team was very heavily armed. I had my CPS 2000 and SEAL's waterballoon launcher. Chris was using a CPS 1500 and had a 3200 back by our flags for defense. Jon, our main defensive man, was armed with my Monster XL. The bases were about 1 acre apart, with our flags located at the bottom left corner of my yard, and the enemy flags located at the top right corner of my neighor's yard. Each team had a spawn point about 20m away from their respective flags.

The enemy went on the attack first, with Keith going solo. Keith was their most athletic player, but I'm not sure what they were thinking, sending him into a 3 on 1 trap. He ran right into all three of us. I fired the WBL, but he jumped over the balloon, just narrowly missing getting shot in the leg. I set down the WBL and switched over to my 2000. Keith charged me, but I had switched out weapons quicker than he expected. He ran right into a full on blast from my 2000.

Marauder fires WBL at SEALGunny, who was standing by our respawn point watching the battle, pumped the WBL back up for me and Chris and I went on the attack. Chris left his 3200 at our flags and took off with the 1500 instead. We ran around my house, using it to shield our movement from the enemy, and ran out onto the street in front of their flags. We had the high ground, but they had all the cover. I fired the WBL at SEAL. Miss again! SEAL rushed me following the shot, and Scot appeared out of nowhere from the woods on my right. I was dual wielding, the empty WBL in my left hand, and my 2000 in the right, there was no way I could hit both, so I turned to Scot, determined to take at least one of them with me. Chris came running in from the left, rushing in front of me, 1500 blazing away. SEAL took him out. I decided to stay 1 on 2 and Scott hit me from the the right with his 2500.

We were quick to return the same way. I got my revenge on Scott immediately and then turned on Keith who was isolated downhill at the end of the culdesac. KILL STREAK! Chris had grabbed one of the flags and SEAL had taken off after him, leaving the second flag open. I rushed and was able to grab it just as SEAL, who had just hit Chris, turned around and saw me. I took it back to base, we were up 3 flags to 1!

SEAL firing at MarauderUncontent to sit back on our accomplishments we decided to go on offense yet again. Some would say the best defense is a good offense. I don't always agree with this, but in this situation it was a lot more effective to bottle them up at their base. I was at the top of the culdesac again, and my shoelace came untied. Big mistake! SEAL and Keith rushed me, but again I was too quick, getting back up in time to fire my 2000 and keep them at bay. Chris tripped and fell on some gravel. They took him out. I was all alone, 3 on 1, and SEAL got me.

At this point, probably 10 minutes into the game, the enemy finally went on the attack, in full. Scot picked up his Vindicator and SEAL switched over to Scot's 2500. The enemy was now more mobile. I ran up the road, like I was going back towards their base, to take the pressure off our defense. Scot yelled, "Ben's going for our flag guys!" I burst out laughing, "Dude, we already have both your flags." I probably shouldn't have said that, maybe they would have forgot, and just ended up going on a wild goose chase. Scott drew me back into the yard, allowing SEAL and Keith to sneak around our base. Everyone seemed like they ended up hitting each other, but Keith was able to grab 2 flags. After respawning I took out Scott and ran as fast as I could towards the enemy base. I hit Keith just as he brought the 2 flags back to their base. The flags were now almost in reach. One, maybe 2 more strides and ---- I felt the sting of a 10x beam on my back. Scott had saved the day! I turned around to go back to the respawn point.... the pizza delivery man was pulling into our driveway. GAME OVER.

Photo I didn't use in my war story on Hydrowar:
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Last Second Victory! (Hydropocalypse)

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Another great war report! Thanks for posting. You were wondering why I sent Keith out for the flag alone? Well, for 3vs3 CTF, there are only two options (well, there are more, but they wouldn't have worked in that battleground.); you can either have one person go out and two people stay behind, or have two people go out and one person stays. I decided to send out one, since I figured you'd probably go on the offensive, and I didn't want our base lightly guarded when the enemy has 2000s and 3200s. Keith was the fastest, and most lightly armed, so I figured he'd make a good flag runner. I have a feeling that if I'd sent Scott along with him, you'd make a break for our base, where I'd be all alone with a 2700 against a 2000 MKI and possibly a Douchenator. As a primarily defensive player, I chose not to follow that path.

All of the other events were mainly a result of us making things up as we went. It's always good to have a starting plan, but you should be able to adapt to whatever the enemy throws your way.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

AMBUSH
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Last Second Victory! (Hydropocalypse)

Post by AMBUSH » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Awsome battle report! I didn't see much of the capture the flag round because I had to stay back and defend the flags with the Monster Xl. The only kills I got was when Seal was trying to get the flags at the end. I grabbed the CPS 1500 cause Chris wanted to defend. I was about to sneak up to the other team when the pizza arrived. We stopped the game and I got at least 2 kills that round. It still was my favorite battle at Hydropocalypse.