Help For A Noob???

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
sibon

Re: Help For A Noob???

Post by sibon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:30 am

I suppose £15 wouldn't be too much more XD I'll try to get a backpack that will dry easily and I will consider doing the bottle mod and adding a strap.

I don't actually know when it is, as my friend hasn't even got a blaster yet =/ we might have to do it on a weekday.
DON'T SHOOT I'M ON YOUR TE-*GURGLE*

Remember kids, a mist shot is a missed shot!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:06 am

Smyths sell Water Warriors blasters pretty cheap. you can pick up a Bandit for £6.99 (pushes you over the budget but good to have) or a smaller Shark for £3.99.

sibon

Post by sibon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:19 am

Hmm... According to their descriptions, the Shark holds nearly a liter of water, and the Bandit holds well over 2 and a half liters. Seems legit.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:55 am

To be fair they advertise it as "90z" they used the number 0 instead of the letter o :goofy:

Shame. if it did say 90oz then technically, if you bought that, you could press charges and get the blaster for free (false advertising)! Then you could have a Renegade and Bandit for under £15! :D

EDIT: I didn't mention that the Shark is a piston pump blaster. It only fires when you pump it (the trigger is fake) hence the lower price but higher capacity.

As for the strap, the image below shows where I would connect the strap (with cable ties or metal wires ties from the blaster packaging) to the blaster assuming I didn't want to drill holes into the casing:

The front of the sling would be best placed around the front, near the nozzle, in between the ridges. The rear of the sling can be mounted either at the top or bottom of the blaster. Mounting it at the bottom means you can use all of the blaster's features, but won't support the blaster very well (all of it's weight is higher up). Placing the sling support at the top will provide better support but might (not sure how much clearance the ultimate/snap-it mechanism needs to connect) prevent you from attaching a blaster to the top connection point depending on how thick the wire/cable tie is.

sibon

Post by sibon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks for the ideas, I think I'll go with the backpack and water bottle mod, but pass on the strap (I threw out the packaging -_-)

And btw, is this legit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-warrior ... _500wt_992

I think no, but it might be some obscure blaster they only made 3 of :goofy:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 am

I don't think it is. It's only a squirt gun anyway (pull the trigger to fire, no pump).

sibon

Post by sibon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Yea, didn't think so. The way they ran the 2 R's and the i together makes "Warrior" look like "Wamor" lol

And does anyone know why Ebay has loads of Sphinxes, and little else? Why is everyone selling them, and little else? http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... Categories

See what I mean? There's about 3 Sphinxes for any other kind of blaster.

Edit: Also, do you know any good places to buy blasters in the UK? I know about Argos, Ebay Smyths and Amazon UK, but are there others? Thanks.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm

The Entertainer isn't too bad. Asda direct and Tesco direct aren't bad either (Asda currently does an Ultimate Renegade for £10). Toys R Us sometimes have some good deals. That's all I can think of that sells decent blasters currently.
sibon wrote:I think I'll go with the backpack and water bottle mod, but pass on the strap (I threw out the packaging -_-)
You could always use cable ties, or string/green garden twine stuff.

sibon

Post by sibon » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 am

Thanks for the links =)

The fight has been postponed for 2 weeks or so, as my friend needs to study, and I'm going away for a while. Ah well, eventually I'll get to soak people =p

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:38 pm

mr. dude wrote:The 10-12 is after you've loaded it and it's just the pumping of water into the pressure tank.
Actually sibon is right, the box does say 10-12 pumps before filling with water! I saw this on the packaging of my Colossus, and checked the image of the Ultimate Renegade's box on isoaker.com. It says the same. Buzz Bee know how to get the best out of their blasters! :D

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Off-topic: They're making ANOTHER scribblenauts? And i thought i had the first three down pat :goofy:

on-topic: While BuzzBee may put pre-charging in their instructions, note that they're all the same (10-12 pumps) which causes issues (ex, Ultimate vanquisher can't handle that much pre-charging, it's Puny PC gives you a second or two of shot time with that :goofy: ) definitely go with what you think is best for your blaster
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:55 am

Yeah, it's funny, some guns really benefit from a lot of precharging, others don't. My SS 300 shoots better when I DON'T pump it up with air first!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 am

That's true actually. I can get quite a few pre-charge pumps into my Colossus, without sacrificing shot time too much, and without harming lamination too much. As for the XP70, it starts making bursts instead of streams.

I was kind of surprised when I saw that info on the Colossus packaging. I don't recall SS ever mentioning pre-charging on their blaster's packaging (then again, WW did make a whole line of pre-charge blasters).