Nitro123PG's small battle

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Nitro123PG

Nitro123PG's small battle

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:59 am

I'd like to start participating in the league, and I thought I'd start with a battle report of the small war I had with my friend from Texas, Wolfe and my neighbor, Evan.

We had gotten together at my house. The only gun Wolfe had bought from Texas was his XP 270, which decided to start leaking while he was filling it for the war. Because XP 270s are evil. Evan has just gotten into the hobby, so he doesn't have any guns. It's really hard to get a good war put together when you're dealing with this kind of dedication. Anyhow, I took the K-modded CPS 2100, because who wouldn't? Wolfe and Evan flipped a coin to see who would pick the next gun, and Wolfe won. He had either the XP 150 or Ultimate Renegade to take, because those were the best remaining guns. Wolfe decided to take the Ultimate Renegade, which was still in it's stock form at the time. He said he took it for the mobility. Wolfe is the same age as I am, so he shouldn't have issues with an XP 150, so I dunno. Evan got the 150. Anyway, we spread out throughout the neighborhood. Here's a map for ya.

The playing area was anywhere inside the trees. The tree line to the right and the woods to the left are the boundaries. The respawn point is where far right street and the top left one meet. We were playing Slayer, 10 minute matches. Hits counted with a single drop. We tried the Tag Scoring system suggested by BBT in the Water Warfare handbook.
(http://www.buzzbeetoys.com/USglobal/Wat ... oring.html)I started at my house the one to the far left, Wolfe started at the far south house, and Evan started at the house closest to the respawn point. We started the match, by me yelling "GO" at the top of my lungs several times. Wolfe must be deaf or something, because I had call him on my cell phone to tell him we started.

I ran down south so I show Wolfe just how wrong he was for picking the Ultimate Renegade. But, while I was calling Wolfe, Evan had already moved south to take Wolfe on. By the time I got there, Evan had beaten already beaten Wolfe. A 15 year old freshman in high school had been beaten by a 10 year old 4th grader. It's funny but kind of embarrassing at the same time. But Evan was too busy laughing at Wolfe to notice me, so quickly put a tap shot on his back and earned my first kill. Being the only one not eliminated yet, I had a brief break while they got to the respawn point.

Eventually, I ran down to the respawn point to pwn some n00bs, where I found Wolfe and Evan in a pretty tight duel. Wolfe was playing at 100% now that he was 0-1, and Evan was doing that hold-down-the-trigger-while-I-pump-because-the-150-has-infinite-shot-time crap. I decided to hide in the bushes while they fought, because I figured they would gang up on a CPS user. I waited for them to run low on water, and I STRIKE! I was able to get Evan out almost instantly, he was about out of water. The fight with Wolfe was pretty equal skill-wise, but ended quickly with the CPS advantage. I was 3-0. Evan and Wolfe decided to spread out to avoid another CPS strike. Wolfe went south while Evan went to my house. I decided to hunt down Wolfe, because bullying Ultimate Renegade users is a bad habit of mine. However, as I snuck around the white house, Wolfe popped out of nowhere from the side of the house and shot me right in the chest with the shotgun nozzle. By the time I got to the respawn point, the match was almost over, so I was able to play pretty conservative the rest of the match. I walked up the far right street after respawning, where I found Wolfe and Evan in another duel. Wolfe actually won that duel pretty quickly, he was tired of taking crap from us I guess. Evan was out for the rest of the match, because the clock would be out by the time he respawned. So Wolfe was preparing for an epic showing down when I hosed him. I kinda felt bad for him, but it was still kinda funny. The match ended 15 seconds later. The final scores.
Nitro123PG: 4-1 (kids, this why you buy CPS)
Wolfe, that one guy from Texas: 2-3
Evan: 1-3

I think I played pretty well. Yeah, I used a CPS gun, but still. I was aggressive enough to get the kills but not so much I got caught without water. I only used half of the tank during the whole match. I think Wolfe played pretty well, but his gun failed him. I think if he would've taken the XP 150, he would have had a positive kill ratio. Evan played pretty well for a 4th grader, but he kinda guzzled water.

Not included are the times wondering aimlessly looking for each other.

Rate 5 stars.
Last edited by Nitro123PG on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Nitro123PG's small battle

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:32 am

Haha, very good first submission! What is slayer? Is that just 1 hit scores + respawn? This sounds like a really good game system for 3 players. If you are a freshman, how do you have 2 old(er) guns? Did you get them when you were really young or did you purchase them used? The map was a great touch, it really helped me understand where the action was taking place. If privacy isn't a big concern of yours, it would be great if you posted some before/after shots or an action shot or 2 if you can get one.

I'll take this thread to SEAL and DX for us to rate. Very enjoyable read.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:19 am

@Nitro123PG - sounds like a lot of fun, but I've opted to remove your battle area map simply since it provided too much information about your exact location on a public forum. IF you wish to provide a map, that's great, but remove street information from it. Hope you understand.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:51 am

I understand. Google Earth is not working on my computer, so I had to use Google Maps to get a map of the area. I'll try to get a map with no street information up.

EDIT: Street nameless map is up. Enjoy.

@M4: Yeah, Slayer is just one-hit respawn. You can tell I play too much Halo, because Halo is the only game that refers to "deathmatch" as "Slayer." And the XP 150 and CPS 2100 were both bought used over eBay. Also, I have photos, but no action photos from the actual battle, just afterwards photos. Do you want any of those?