Hydropocalypse Official Thread

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Hydropocalypse Official Thread

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon May 14, 2012 6:25 pm

M4, not sure if I quite understand the camping arangements, are we all reserving our own campsites, or are you reserving some so we should all bring cash to pay you back. From what you said, I think it is the former, but I just want to make sure before I have my dad call the place and get one. The plan is still for every one to camp out in you backyard the on Friday right?

Just want to be sure what I've got to do since NC is a long way to drive back home!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue May 15, 2012 11:52 am

So which campsites are everyone else reserving? M4 says that 18-22 are the best, so we should see which ones are available. I wish I knew about this sooner; I thought M4 was going to reserve the sites for us.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DrinkItUp

Post by DrinkItUp » Tue May 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am shocked that people think the guy in Kuwait is supposed to be making travel arrangements for everyone. Here's another hint - bring your own food!
ImageWater guns don't kill witches, people do!

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Alright, we have reserved site number 21. Apparently, it was the only one out of 18 through 22 that was available, so I hope you guys were the people who reserved the other sites...

Two other people can stay with us if they'd like. They will need to bring their own tent though.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue May 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Reserve your own sites for Saturday night

I have said it several times, I am not reserving camp sites for you. There's no reason for me to do that. I am most likely not camping out at Umstead, and I was in Afghanistan until last week and now I'm in South Carolina. I was able to visit Umstead and scout it out 1day but I'm 4 hours away from it right now. I'm not even staying in North Carolina until the first day of the war.

This past week I got engaged and I've been spending time with my family and fiance at our beach house. I would LOVE to be working on mods and reserving campsites, etc. but I have to be mature about this and prioritize. It's just more important that I take this time to take wedding photos, see my family, and spend time at the beach relaxing with my fiance. We will still have an awesome war, but next year I will spending a lot more time preparing (most likely just for Downpour, though I may do this again).

Everyone can stay at my house in NC on Friday, but I won't have room Sat night cuz of family coming in, so reserve your own site at Umstead for Saturday night. If you can't get adjacent campsites it's no big deal, the camping area is not even half the size of the one at Wilson Park. The best place for night fighting is near the Park Welcome Center/Info whatever building, which is down the rd from the campsites. That's similar to Wilson where the best place was near the showers, also down the rd. However, you'll probably need to drive this time cuz its a bit further.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Coordination goes a long way. I've messaged Wetmonkey to see if he wants to share a campsite before I go ahead and reserve one tonight. Question for M4: What's up for Sunday night? Since Nick and I probably won't be leaving until Monday morning, should I reserve Saturday and Sunday nights at Umstead? How many people will still be around for Sunday fighting?

Also, we should all exchange numbers ahead of time. Lack of coordination killed arrival day at 2011 Downpour, and even with phones there was no service at Wilson. Some questions need real time answers and FB messages / forum PMs are like snail mail.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue May 15, 2012 6:27 pm

We will be staying until Monday morning as well. Everyone who attended last year's Downpour should have my number, and don't worry, I'm bringing the same phone (We now have three phones that we share among the family.). :goofy:

We have almost everything packed now; the water guns are wrapped in foam and carefully piled into a giant garbage bag.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 15, 2012 6:54 pm

So, evidently Wetmonkey won't be able to make it any more. Since there's two of us, could we share your campsite, Seal? I'll have to see if he has a tent, since I don't have one. Does your number accept texts yet?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed May 16, 2012 7:27 am

Wow, that's awful. Having Wetmonkey there makes things a lot better. My cousin Drew is coming now, but he won't be there until Saturday.

Sunday night I'm going to Bible study. Several people at the war are going also, it's my "small group" that I go to when I'm at home. You're all welcome to come, but we typically stay way late (later than 9 when the park close the gates). If you're staying until Monday then you should reserve for Monday as well. If it's not too much I'd love to have another battle Monday morning.

My home number is Nine Wun Nine Three Fo Wun Three Three Six Too. You can reach me at that on Friday.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 am

One bit of advice for filming: Don't make it harder to edit than necessary. I'm starting to regret what I did with the webcam just a little bit, but unfortunately it was the best I could do. I have no audio and have to come up with some filler material as well as place text that describes the context of some situations. It's quite a mess really, but I suppose its worth some of the awesome shots I got out of it. (Such as the Nerf Facebook uploaded still that some of you saw: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 170&type=1)

Bible study. Believe it or not, I'd probably actually go if I could make it to the war in the first place. Just don't let a 1HK break out between different denominations/religious/nonreligious groups unless the teams are well-balanced lol. :goofy:

Two more days. Someone ought to Skype me when over there so I can see what its like in real-time. A pivoting webcam that I can control from my computer would be great too. xD Skype name is s.y.99 in case you guys find wifi or 4G out there there.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed May 16, 2012 12:41 pm

DX: Sure you can. If you can't get a tent, let me know (before tomorrow morning.) and I'll bring an extra 4-person tent (Should be plenty big enough for two people.). None of the phones accept texts, unfortunately. You can call me if you have changes or whatever. I'll have the phone on me all day tomorrow. It sucks that wetmonkey can't come though; it just won't be the same without him. Hopefully he'll be coming to Downpour.

I'm leaving tomorrow at around 8:00 in the morning. We're going to stay at Shenandoah National Park on thursday night, then leave there friday morning to get to M4's house at 3:00. We'll actually be going to my uncle's house after the war, so we won't need to stay at the campground on sunday night, though if DX is staying, that may mean that I'll miss out on some extra night-fighting.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Hey Seal, I just tried to call, but your phone was off. It would be awesome if you could bring the extra tent, I asked around but have nothing so far. Also, could you reserve that same campsite for sun night as well since we are all staying until mon morning? Nick and I can toss in money to help split the cost.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed May 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Alright, I'll bring it. Unfortunately, we don't have a ground cloth for it, so unless you can bring a 7' by 9' tarp or other waterproof material, your sleeping bags might get a little wet.
We didn't reserve a campsite for sunday night because we're probably going to stay at my uncle's house (he needs some help with moving.) instead, even though I'd rather camp again. However, the people we called said that activity is very low on sunday nights, and they said we could easily stay another night if we wanted to. Even if someone else reserves site 21, I'm sure you could get another one.

I meant to say call me tomorrow if something happens, because I won't have access to the internet in the car. Until tonight, you can still send me messages on here, either in this thread or via PM.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed May 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Just started packing tonight, I'm doing it a little ahead of time so I have more time to remember what I forget before we leave on Friday. Is anyone bringing water bottles for refilling? I've got 20 50 (at lest) ouncers that I can bring, might only bring half of them depending on how packed the car is. We will be staying at site 13, which is the closes one we could get to 21 (it is directly opposite 21, so we can just cut across the middle).

It is possible Bela wont be able to make it, he and his parents are paranoid about him missing school (which is why we can't leave till 1pm since he will still be there for most the day). I've been trying to get him to ask his teachers what he will miss so he can stop worrying, but he still hasn't. It will probably work out, he's really worried about tests, but he would know if he had one Friday now, so most likely he can come (if I don't get annoyed enough that I bar him from the event). Shame Wetmonkey can't make it, he was a pretty good team lead last year. At least now it will just be DX and M4 who have to be separated.

Updated guns list:
CPS 2500
Vindicator (x2) one working, one broken
Equalizer
Colossus
Cricket (x2)
Viper (x2)
Pumper II
Maybe a couple more thrown in last minute.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 16, 2012 10:44 pm

At least now it will just be DX and M4 who have to be separated.
I actually don't think it's going to matter - I can only run at a light jog pace right now, about 30-40% power, nowhere near recovered. Speed is the main element that makes me dangerous, without it, the playing field is quite level. I have a tarp, but not all that many water bottles. BTW, we need bike pumps in addition to WBLs and water balloons. I only have one bike pump to bring.

Currently I am doing some last minute building. I have a 2nd Douchenator on the table ready to be assembled and I am building an APH for the air pressure round. It will be essentially identical to the APR 3000 I made years ago, using several of its salvaged parts, because I am lazy. Onboard reservoir, screw-off cap to fill, single 3" PC, 45-50ft effective range (hopefully).

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu May 17, 2012 11:12 am

Seal do you have a bikepump? We need one bikepump for each WBL. I'm assuming we'll have 3 launchers, and we'll need at least 1 more bike pump. I may have one that will work at my house. If not, where can we get one at?

Update on attendance. Lindsey and Megan can't make it due to work. My cousin Drew says he'll be able to make it on Saturday. Candace, Albert, Jack, and Will, are all coming Saturday afternoon as well. So, expect a Downpour size war Friday and Sat morning, but then a bigger war Sat afternoon.

We'll still film on Friday even without Megan. I expect to play some 3 on 3 with Seal and his bros until everyone else gets to my house. This'll be a lot of fun.

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Making final preparations tonight. Got a new Woodland BDU, a ground tarp, a bunch of good quality water balloons, and I really hope my new launchers actually work, I haven't tapped the valves yet so I have no idea if they are leak-free. They will be hot off the press for this war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu May 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Bela can no longer make it. I'm kind of mad since we have been planning this for a while. His parents are worried since M4 is in the army and he doesn't know any one. The also think he it too young, being 16 and a half.
Since he can't come though, I will probably be able to get there a little earlier, say 4-5pm instead of 6-7pm. Wont be able to stay past 4 or 5 on Sunday though, I don't think my dad wants to take that many days off work. We should have two cameras, the water proof one, and a bigger older one (it uses tapes and runs on steam power! :P ) The older one is good for shooting at night, that water proof one is virtually useless once the sun goes down and the bigger one has a special mode for night (but the "Night-shot" mode is only in blank and white).

M4, we can bring a pump, my dad is planning on bringing his bike. It seems he has been keeping up with posts more then I have :lol: He has a Facebook so has been looking at that too (I do not).

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri May 18, 2012 6:43 pm

!!!First update of the war!!!
=====================

First battle: 1 hit scores
marauder4 CPS 2000, 9 hits made, 2 hits received
John CPS 1200, 1 hit made, 3 hits received
defeat
SEAL WBL & XP 270, 3 hits made, 5 hits received
Keith CPS 2700, 2 hits made, 5 hits received

Second Battle: CTF 1HS respawn
Seal CPS 2700, 5 hits made, 7 hits received
Keith CPS 1200, 2 flags captured, 3 hits made, 7 hits received
Scott CPS 2500/Vindicator 5 hits made, 5 hits received

defeat

Marauder4 CPS 2000, WBL 1 flag captured, 10 hits made, 5 hits received
Chris CPS 3200/CPS 1500 7 hits made, 5 hits received
John MXL, 2 hits made, 3 hits received

The 2nd battle was amazing. Each team had 2 flags, spaced about 10m apart from each other. We decided to play until the pizza got here. Keith took the first flag and then I stole it back. Chris grabbed another one of their flags, but he was shot before he could return it to our base. I stole a flag next, so we had 3 flags to their 1. We played defensively trying to keep our lead and hold out until the pizza arrived but they put on a big offensive blitz and Keith stole 2 flags and brought it back to their base just as the pizza car pulled into the driveway!

We ended up with 19 hits made to their 13, however, they ended up with 3 flags to our 1, and as flags count for 10 points, vs 1 point for hits, they won 43 to 29.

We're drying off and eating pizza, then having a Mortal Combat tournament until DX and Belisarius get here. We have Seal, Keith, John, Laura, Tiff, Scott, Chris, Cristina, Tyler, and Scott's dad hanging out here. Jacob & Sarah stopped by earlier. So we've had a lot of ppl hanging out, but half haven't really wanted to get wet, so they have been refilling our guns, prepping the WBL, sitting on my deck, filming and cheering... which is really interesting. This has become a spectator sport. Both battles were filmed.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat May 19, 2012 1:43 am

Looks like I forgot to hop onto Skype lol. Sounds like an intense backyard game; can't wait to see the pics/videos In any case, this looks like a new beginning of something huge, going by the way you described it as a spectator sport.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat