Hydropocalypse Official Thread

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Hydropocalypse Official Thread

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Dude that was sick. The CTF video was epic. If only I can find the one Laura recorded. We could get it from 2 different perspectives. I am missing a lot of footage somewhere. You did a good job editing.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Hell, yeah. That was awesome. I thought I remembered your sister filming, M4. Who's camera was it on? It wasn't mine; like I said, I stuck all my footage together in the one movie I posted.

My voice always sounds so deep and robotic on camera. Do I sound like that in real life? :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:09 pm

No, it's pretty deep, but not robotic. Cameras sometimes mess up peoples voices, on camera I always sound like I'm holding my nose when ever I talk. I hope to get some more done today, but so far I've been a bit distracted playing Burnout 3 Takedown; one Signature takedown to go and the Oval Racer Special is mine!

If I go for more then a day or two with out uploading anything, feel free to send me a friendly PM to remind me, I have a tendency to be very detractable.

Edit: I got it! bit of a let down actully, fast as anything, but only average handiling so I keep hitting trucks because at 200mph, it won't turn fast enough to get out of the way. Looks pretty cool though, it's a Nascar.

I have started editing Day 2 footage, should have the OHK round up later today.

Update: I hope no one minds if I added in a little extra commentary this time, I got board during some of the slow scenes and decided to get creative with the airplanes flying over head in the video! I hope no one minds if I borrowed on of the Meams from this site. :goofy:
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 pm

If you want me to stop double posting, I can, I just figured this way people see that there is something new. :)

The One Hit Kill Round.
Like I said, I added a little extra commentary for this one. Shouldn't be to detracting, I did it during the lulls in the battle, but if you don't like it I'm sorry. (I was board! :passedout: )
I am trying to get at least one up every day, but so far I'm not doing too well (well the average is one a day :goofy: ).

I think I will also make a new topic under the league section to put all of them once I have them all up.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Double posting is fine if you have something meaningful to add and want people to notice it. It just gets annoying when people do it when they should have used the edit button.

Anyway, that was a good video! I loved that slow-motion shot at the end; I might have been able to get away without getting hit if that log wasn't there. It was hard to hit you when you had like twice the output and at least 5 feet of range on my 2700, haha. I should probably study the video carefully to see how I can do better next time. I also didn't notice me getting any other kills in that battle. I remember hitting more people, but I could be thinking of another time.

I think your dad has become the unoffical community cameraman, haha. Do you have footage of every single battle (except the first one obviously.)?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 am

Around 3:45 it looks like someone actually shoots over SEALs head :D but it's more likely his left shoulder as he's dodging. I see Tiff with another camera around 4:30, so I know we have to have some more footage or pictures of this somewhere. I checked both memory cards that I have here and it's not on either. I run into a tree while strafing to the left at 5:35 :D The 2000 works very well for John. He is not very quick or agile, but he has good timing and aim, which would explain why he was so effective in this battle. I like how the filming gets closer towards the action as it gets closer to the end.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 pm

I got the next video of Hydropocalypse up:

Hydropocalypse - Day 2 - Round 3 and 4 - Hill Assault:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmgLPd_RjBo&feature=plcp

I'm really busy now adays so I probably wont be around much at all for at least a few more weeks, but I will try and get back to the site soon (probably with a massive 30 posts in 1 day sort of thing to catch up :goofy: )

Videos to do:
*Hydropocalypse:
day 3 soakfest
*Downpour:
Hold the line rounds (2 or 3 of them)
OHS round(s)
*I'm not really sure what I have, haven't even looked at the footage yet.*

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Great video! At around 5:12, M4 shoots me and I could've sworn that I shot him as well, then at 18:20, the exact opposite happens! Dang, what was with that round and all the disputed hits?

Definitely one of the most interesting rounds I've faught in. Who says that we never have rivalry rounds anymore? I get the feeling that both teams were starting to hate each other near the end, haha. :lol:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:49 am

lol yes there was definitely some hate involved. You did a great job on the video again Scott. I really like the 300.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:17 pm

I think it was mostly in the second round. For the record, no hateful thoughts entered my mind. :cool: I just stood there, shooting at anyone who came close. I'm usually more of a defensive person, but damn, can defense in HTL get boring sometimes, haha (not really talking about this round so much.).

Scott, why do you refer to yourself as "Minifig" in one of your captions?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~