Community Summer War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
isoaker

Re: Community Summer War

Post by isoaker » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 pm

I really like the idea of scenarios where individuals and/or teams must use a specific type or even specific water blaster for the duration of a game with some specific overall goal in mind. Could be a survival game, trade-up game (if you guys are open to swapping/sharing blasters), and, of course, RP-based games.

Can't wait to hear about what you guys end up doing!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Things I would recommend bringing:

$10 cash to repay me for the camping fee

At least one good primary
A manufactured air pressure gun
Loaner guns
Water balloon launchers, including sling launchers if you have any
Water balloons
Containers for storing water
Phone
Camera
Watch
Sleeping bag
Bathing suit
Changes of clothes (you will get soaked)
Something reasonably presentable if we decide to dine out
An SS 300
Lots of other people
Food
Drinks
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:46 pm

You forgot the XP 3000 qnd your prototype Purple and green powerpacks. Also, it may be fun to bring guns you want modded, and the materials needed,and give them to DX or Marauder_4.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:59 am

OK, it's game day!

I want updates!!! :goofy:

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:16 am

For those camping, I need your full names for the check-in. As for updates, M4 is on the road and I'm sitting here admiring the 3 CPS 2000s that I'm bringing :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:20 am

DX wrote:For those camping, I need your full names for the check-in. As for updates, M4 is on the road and I'm sitting here admiring the 3 CPS 2000s that I'm bringing :p
IF you can, take a pic of your gear before you hit the road (if you haven't already left now).

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:28 am

It looks like I won't be camping out anymore. I'd like to, but it would be too much trouble, plus my mom doesn't want me to camp out by myself. I'll probably just hang around the campsite until you guys are ready to go to bed.

My friend won't be coming because he's camping. Sorry.

I'll start packing today. I'm very excited!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 am

Do you have anyone to replace him? We need at least 5v5, the more people the better.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:22 am

Alright, heading out now to pick up DX on our way to NY. See ya'll in a few days!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:23 am

Sorry, but I forgot to mention that I can not attend this due to my younger brother's Eagle project being at the same time. I did not know about this earlier.

I hope everyone has a good time! Please keep me in the loop in the future. Feel free to email or PM me about things you think I'd be interested in.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:53 am

DX wrote:Do you have anyone to replace him? We need at least 5v5, the more people the better.
I'm afraid not. If I had more time, then maybe I could, but we'll have to do 4vs5 or 4vs4 with a referee.

I just checked the weather, and it looks okay for tomorrow, with a 20% chance of rain, but on sunday, it's a 50% chance (Obviously. :x ). We can still fight in the rain, but we're supposed to get storms as well. I guess we'll see how it turns out. It will be around 80 degrees.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm

I will be heading out in a few minutes so this is probaly my last post until after the battle (actuly until a week after, I'm going to Atlantic City). I am going to bring a 10x10ft canvis gazibo that we can set up since the pavilion was already taken. Because isoaker requested it I have taken a picture of the guns I am bringing before I leave, I might also bring an SS 100 aswell if I have room.
Attachments
Just a quick pic I took before leaving, sorry if it's poor quility didn't have time to check if it was any good.
Just a quick pic I took before leaving, sorry if it's poor quility didn't have time to check if it was any good.
Water guns 1 resized.jpg (174.7 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Nice well balanced armoury, though you need some CPS of the old. Anyway, that 275 will work nicely for the AP battle.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 pm

@scottthewaterwarrior: Nice! Thanks for taking and posting the pic! Man... I'm envious of you guys being able to spend a couple of days with some serious water warriors, blastin' away!

Have a great time to all the participants!

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm back! We got interrupted by a storm and left early. It was still a ton of fun though. Here's a quick summary of everything that happened (I think Scott said he would post a full-length report later.):

On the first day, I arrived at the park around 9:45 AM, and unloaded. Scott arrived a few minutes later, and the others showed up a little while afterwards. The first game we played was a 4vs5 OHK game, which lasted forever because we were going in circles on opposite sides of the forest. I was with wetmonkey, Scott, and my brothers. We eventually got bored and let our guard down, just as the other team ambushed us, so we lost that one. Next we played a base assault game, with me, DX, M4, Scott, and one of M4's cousins on the assault team. We each had 3 lives, and my team won. Next we did a 3vs3vs3 air pressure only game. I was with one of my brothers and DX, M4 was with his cousins, and wetmonkey, Scott, and my other brother were on the 3rd team. At the end, it was only me and my little brother left, and we had a duel which I won. After that, we had another air pressure only game, only this time it was 4vs4 with M4 taking pictures and movies. I think I was with my brother, DX, and Scott. Well at the end, the same thing happened, and I had a re-match with my brother, which I won again (Though it was kind of unfair because the camo cover on his gun slipped over the nozzle.). After that we had a soakfest, and some little kid joined in for that. And that was it. I went to the campsite and hung around for a while before heading back to my house.

On the second day, we started a little earlier so we'd have more time to fight. At first we played 2-sided CTF, I was with both of my brothers, DX, and Scott. It ended up in a draw, since nobody was able to take the other team's flag (We actually used 2 of iSoaker's Goblins for the flags. :goofy: ), though my brother came pretty close. Then we had a 4vs4 (M4 got footage again.) match on the cliffs, with each team required to have at least 2 piston guns. I was with my brothers and Scott, and we faught pretty well, but we ended up losing in part because Scott decided to charge the enemies alone. :goofy: Then we did the same thing, but with wetmonkey taking footage, while M4 took his spot on the other team. That game ended up being called because of the storm, and we left after that.

We got loads of footage, but not much on my camera. I will try to post pictures soon. It was a ton of fun, and we definitely need to do this again next year, hopefully with more people.

:soakon:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:27 pm

@SEAL: thanks for the quick recap of the events! Sounds like a lot of fun! Too bad the storm came, but then again, I suppose Mother Nature wanted to be a part of the community water war, too! :goofy:

Looking forward to seeing pics, videos, and reading more recounts of the events over the past couple of days. Color me envious!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:50 pm

...omg M4 snores so loud.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:59 pm

iSoaker: Yeah, Mother Nature's water guns are far superior to ours. :goofy:

wetmonkey: You're back already?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Sounds awesome. I'm surprised DX didn't win everything. :goofy: the AP battles sound like they were a big hit.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Not surprising unless it was a 1 on 1 duel with Scott, ask all about it lol.