First Water War of the season

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Foster6565

First Water War of the season

Post by Foster6565 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Well exactly what the title states figured i can post my experience and maybe others can to since there are no other threads like this. So i recently received my Monster XL (2001) in the mail and wow this thing is awesome, biggest soaker i have ever had was a 1200 some 8 years or so ago and not even comparable. So anyways back to the war it was a 3v3 setup we each had about 50 water balloons. My team's soakers included Monster Xl, WW Vanquisher (which i think i purchased a defective one because i can get no were near the shot time that was recorded by isoaker.com needless to say it is just not a very useful gun), WW Renegade (as my backup but didnt even use it) and a WW equalizer. Other team's soakers were the new SS ironman (arctic blast) and 2 WW renegades ya ya i know it is unbalanced but i let them choose the guns they wanted besides the monster because that is my personal one lol i paid a pretty penny for it and dont want anybody accidently dropping it so ya.

So we played 3 rounds of CTF (first capture wins, best out of three)
And 3 rounds of TDM (which was a 2v2)

Setting= Regular suburban neighborhood, 2 refill points 1 quick fill for my monster and 1 regular
Ok so first round was sort of a fluke we established the rules a little to fast w/o thinking, the problem rule was that if you get hit and must return to your designated spawn point you can only walk to such point and when you get there you have to do a 10 count, the 10 count is fine but the walking is not as you will find out why later. So we begin I decide to not use any waterballoons in the first engagement to test out the superior firepower of my new soaker :D. The intimidation factor of this thing is insane i had all three of them backing up as i was walking toward there base. So one of there players makes the first move and for some reason neglects me and goes after my teammate which is a good 15' to the side of me, BTW i am the fastest player here and strongest i dont have as much mobility obviously since im hauling around this massive soaker but still he shouldnt have been so foolish. Needless to say i ran up behind him and UNLOADED a full pressure chamber (42 oz.) of dual 8.5x Monster XL fury all down his backside he was not happy. Immediately after i begin my long long pumping journey to refilling the pressure chambers lol. So after that i make my teamates form up on me and we begin a siege on the enemy base to try to acquire the flag, My teammates tie up the three enemies and it looks as if i have a clear shot at the flag i grab it and turn around to find out both my teammates have been soaked and i have all three of them on me so basically they get me and start sprinting after our flag and that's pretty much game since we implemented that no running back to spawn rule.

Round 2 (ill try to shorten it up)
So we switched the rule i decide to set the Monster down and grab a few balloons FYI my accuracy was amazing today lol, first i talked to my team told the smallest guy to put down the vanquisher and gave him 2 balloons and told him to focus on being our runner and we would distract the other team. Our first engagement was in the middle i immediatley launch one of my 3 balloons to try to get some splash damage it proves ineffective i see 2 enemy players behind a truck one kind of on the side railing of the bed and one hiding behind the the passenger side door he is probably a good 60-75' away from me i launch another balloon high and far into the air he looks up turns his back and SPLASH direct hit onto his back i throw the 2nd one and miss the enemy in the bed. I start sprinting back to base to acquire my monster on my way back i get tagged by the enemy in the truck because for some reason i was in like duel mode he had a balloon and well i had nothing lol ya i dunno what got into me. So i get to the base do my 10 count and rush back down my other teammate (not the runner) is engaged with there 2 gunners the arctic blast and renegade he has only an equalizer. i tell my runner to sprint after the flag all three of there guys go after him i get a double kill still using the dual 8.5x my other gunner takes out the last one and we win.

Round 3
So this was tie breaker round which it was fairly quick i choose to start with the monster first, our first engagement was basically a standoff they were using alot of cover and were very spread out and i was basically walking down the middle of the street lol. My team and i fall back i put down the monster and grab 3 balloons and i say well im not gonna miss with these. I start a medium jog down to the base one enemy meets me in the middle i throw a balloon at him he is about 25' away it pops mid air but still makes contact with about half water in the hit he's out. They have one guy to my right in between 2 houses he throws to balloons some how i dodge them as one goes about a foot in front of me while im in a dead out sprint and the other he just misses. He begins to sprint behind me to hope and meet me at his base and take me out because he has no more balloons and no soaker, as were sprinting i do a quick take and launch a balloon at him DIRECT HIT LOL nailed him on his inner thigh some how he now has a huge welt now 2 guys are down, last guy is hiding behind a brick wall with his renegade about 3' from the flag my teammate comes from the right with his equalizer sneaks up on him and gets a good soak on him i snag the flag and just sprint to my base and that is game :)

TDM rounds all three we switched up teams, and all three times my team wins just for the fact of the monsters superior firepower and range also takes some skill obviously but its just a little overkill, also i welted another enemies back leg with a balloon during one of the engagements in tdm. balloons are painful lol.

So basically after reading the review and everything for the monster XL and finally using it i dont see why its underpowered per say, It is under ranged, This soaker deals out more water then any other soaker period its only drawback is its range (and obviously weight but what do you expect with dual firing chambers) But after using it for a good water war i love it.

Also quick question want your input on this soaker if its a good buy or bad one it looks to be in well taken care of condition but again i am new to this so your input is greatly appreciated and well received. http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-SOAKER-CPS-25 ... 19bb91516e

isoaker

Re: First Water War of the season

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Good story/battle summaries; may I repost this on iSoaker.com?

As for the eBay link, it looks good, but the auction appears to be over now.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Foster6565

Post by Foster6565 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:30 pm

ya go ahead and somebody that saw the link probably bought it lol i knew i shouldn't have posted it haha

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Some of the missing punctuation and capitalization makes the report a bit difficult to read; keep this in mind for future reports. Also, it wouldn't hurt to describe the battlefield better and even provide drawings/photos if possible.

I can't imagine water balloons hurting that much. They shouldn't leave welts, only red marks if the impact is fast. You're not using water balloon launchers after all, are you?

Anyway, sounds like you had a good fun war despite the fewer number of players and lack of weapon balance/player skill. I've considered the "no running back to spawns" rule but after some thought, it seems that the person who chooses to run to their spawn is exchanging energy/stamina they could use after spawning for getting to the spawn sooner. Nonetheless, such a rule could help deter the advantage that athletics have in water wars, haha.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Foster6565

Post by Foster6565 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:15 am

Okay Ca-99 I shall post with my utmost best grammar skills just for you ;). And no we don't use a water balloon launcher just our arms, I am not the only one leaving such marks. It seems we are throwing them so hard that about a third of them break in mid-air just from the force, and its not that we are trying to hurt each other at all it just happens I suppose. Also yes the lack of balancing makes certain games a little less interesting such as TDM my monster XL is far to overpowering in this type of game, CTF is a little better because to win you don't necessarily have to engage the opponent (being me with the biggest soaker) instead you just grab the flag. So some adjusting will be done or i will try to purchase an equivalent soaker for the opposing commander.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:55 am

I do apologize if I'm being a bit anal on the formatting/capitalization but when something gets reposted on another section of the site it just doesn't look right when it is typed sloppily.

One hit kill games really do create unfairness when one blaster is distinctive from the rest. There are still some objective soakfest games that can be played (i.e. infection, assault/Soakn' Destroy, or you could even play 1 flag CTF with alternating teams) and the idea behind these soakfests is unbalanced weaponry. The attacking team must go through massive amounts of waterpower while barely armed. If they can perform the objective within the time limit they win the round. Then the teams alternate roles for the next round.

Since you're fighting in a neighborhood you should have easy access to hoses. Are you just playing around one house or is there some kind of house to house setup?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:48 pm

Welts aren't surprising - last year, a group of teenagers that seem to like pelting kids with water balloons participated in the annual 4th of July water fight, and it wasn't pretty. I got a huge welt on my chest and a lot of other people were hurt. The water fight was soon stopped, and it's likely that there's never going to be a water fight again.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.