First Battle of the Season

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

First Battle of the Season

Post by marauder » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:26 pm

http://punkrockcowboy.brinkster.net/spr ... entrey.jpg

http://punkrockcowboy.brinkster.net/BenMXLoakhall.jpg

http://punkrockcowboy.brinkster.net/treychelsea.jpg

Last night we had a 3 on 1 battle. I had my Monster XL and I was up against Zach with an Arctic Blast, Trey with an Arctic Blast, and Chelsea with a Secret Strike. It was just a soakfest, but we had lots of fun. The battle was very hard fought and we were all drenched in the end.
I really enjoyed using my MXL in combat. I had used it on Spring Break, but we were just messing around, this was my first battle where I was able to use it. The MXL is a great weapon for fighting in between buildings and in and along hedge rows. The best part of the game came when I had Trey isolated in the parking lot. He took a shot at me with the big flash flood nozzle on his Arctic blast, which I dodged. Trey then took off running to pump and and chased after him with my gun set to dual 11.5x. Even though my MXL weighed at least 4x as much as his Arctic Blast I was able to catch up with him and completely drenched him from head to toe in just one shot. I have never seen such a devastating level of soakage from any other gun I've used, not even the 3200 or 2000. It was beautiful.
I ran out of water around the same time as my opponents, but considering I was outnumbered 3 to 1 that's not so bad. Trey still had some water left after I was empty, but I was still able to outrun him even with my MXL. With that being said, if it would have been a 1 hit kills game with 3 on 1, or every man for himself I would not have used my MXL. At least not after that game. I felt vulnerable when I had to pump, which will happen even if you pump while shooting. Oh, and that's another thing, pumping while shooting might work a little on other guns with 5x nozzles, but it is completely ineffective with two 5x nozzles. I think it'd be a great gun to have on a team, or in a soakfest, but if you are going solo use something else.
I picked up a hidden XP 20 and XP 220 and was able to fend him off with those. I think that I would have done a lot better with just one pistol instead of two, unless I had a holster or strap or something. It was hard to pump and shoot at the same time. If I had pumped while shooting I could have kept up a constant stream.

PS: Isoaker, feel free to use the pics.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Adrian

Re: First Battle of the Season

Post by Adrian » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Looks (and reads) like a whole lot of fun. Good to hear that the "old timers" are still in the game.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Re: First Battle of the Season

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:06 am

Man, that looks like it was a great fun time! I, too, hope to have some good ol' soakfests with some friends and colleagues this summer; 'tis just a little trickier for me these days.

Thanks for sharing the pics and the recount of the battle! Makes me want to go grab a blaster and find a target...err... willing participant and hose him/her down! :goofy:

I'll most definitely be adding the pics to the gallery on iSoaker.com! Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: