Water Warfare Olympics

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
isoaker

Water Warfare Olympics

Post by isoaker » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Since the Summer Olympics are going on over in Beijing, China, it got me wondering: if there were to be a Water Warfare Olympics, what events would participants compete in?

I have some ideas, but would like to see what others might have in mind before posting up event suggestions. Got fun ideas for a Water Warfare Olympic event? Share your thoughts below!

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Warfare Olympics

Post by HBWW » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:59 pm

Hmm....

> Long distance water balloon throwing
> WBL accuracy: target shooting
> Soaker accuracy: target shooting
> Obstacle course: combination of running, advancing, and shooting; score based on targets and time to complete standard course. May add automated sentries/self-shooting-aiming guns that take away points when the player is hit.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:21 pm

----> 4v4 Squad Battle. 1 squad per country, 1 hour unlimited OHS.

----> 2v2 Doubles Duel. 1 partnership per country, 10 minute unlimited OHS.

----> 1v1 Artillery Duel. Two people stand stationary and fire launcher rounds at each other, 1 per turn. They also set targets. Targets can be hit by direct shots [nail them all and get an extra life], but a player is only eliminated with a clearly angled hit. Distances could be adjusted, as could amount of ammo [either unlimited or automatic defeat if one player runs out].

----> 100v100 Civil War. Open field, the only movement allowed is forward. Players must make it to the opposite side, 1HK elimination. If players on both sides survive, they must face a 2nd round and so on until one side is totally gone. No refills other than carried water.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:50 am

Some other thoughts:

110m target soak - athletes must run 110m while soaking targets spaced 10m apart; all targets must be hit; fastest time wins

110m stream dodge - similar to the 100m target soak, but instead of shooting at targets, targets fire at the runner (alternating high or low streams); athletes must avoid as many streams as possible; fastest time with least hits wins

100m single soak - athletes must sprint 100m with their soaker, then hit a target placed 10 meters away (on one side) from the end point; target being hit stops timer; fastest time wins

800m soaker relay - teams of four athletes run along a track, one at a time. Instead of passing a baton, they pass their soaker on; at the end, the final athlete must hit a target placed 10 meters away (on one side) from the end point; target being hit stops timer; fastest time wins

synchronized soaking? :goofy:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:21 pm

I like all the ideas here, but I think DX's idea is fantastic. Countries fighting with soakers would be funny to see.

Some type of timed running and gunning scenario (between say, a dozen different stations) with various types of soakers would be good as well. Hitting the targets reduces your time, best time wins.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Sun

Post by Sun » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:51 am

Perhaps thet could do something like synced shooting. Athletes use their soakers to create cool-looking streams of water to impress the judges.

Croc

Post by Croc » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:41 pm

An idea that we could use directly from the Olympics are:

10m Shooting - Pistol/Light Rifle class

10m Shooting - Light/Mid Rifle Class

Trap Shooting/Target shooting - Mid/Heavy Rifle Class

Just wondering, but if one company designs the gun, and they originate in say, the US, couldn't they say they don't ship internationally, and make a bunch of super guns?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:26 pm

I would assuming, akin to my understanding of how things are done in the Olympics, is that for blasters, there would be a general set of guidelines regarding dimensions, capacity, weight, etc. IMO, for this imaginary tournament, I'd expect water blasters used to have the requirement of being hand-pumped/pressurized.

As for the US having some super gun that isn't shipped internationally, people could simply then enter the US to buy them and use them here. If a person cannot legally take a super water blaster out of the US, that would also affect the US team, too.