3vs5 at Sports Park - MTU vs. ?

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Evangel

3vs5 at Sports Park - MTU vs. ?

Post by Evangel » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 am

-----
First off, if everyone can kinda forget about that whole little mess of things a while back, that'd be nice. Kinda lost my cool, sorry about that. =/
-----

I took some time to think and I had remembered a war we had up at Sports Park about a week or two before we took on the ASS at that same location. It was a quite an epic battle in my opinion, definitely one of my big highlights of this summer. I was gonna post this before the ASS skirmish, but kinda got lazy and forgot. Sorry. lol

-------------

Gonzo, Jake and I arrived at the park, in front of the massive fortress of a playground structure, and unloaded our guns, ready to have some fun on this newly discovered stronghold. Originally we planned for a 3-way free-for-all, when a group of about 5 young kids (probably between 8-13yo) came up to us, impressed by our arsenal, and asked if they could join in on the fun, which we gladly accepted. To make things really interesting, we all stuck with our own groups, pitting us three Mizukage against all five newcomers.

The game was a Siege-style soakfest, with the new boys taking hold of the fortress, armed with a CPS2500, Arctic Blast, HydroBlitz, Gremlin Rifles, and various other weapons. Our objective was to cut off their ammo supply by hijacking a cooler full of Aqua Packs hidden somewhere inside. After study our satellite images of the structure (courtesy of GoogleEarth lol), we formulated our initial ingress attack plan and general combat strategies. I equipped my usual stealth gear and Flash Flood with 100oz. Aqua Pack, and helped Gonzo don the CPS3200 and various other heavy weapons, while Jake ran a CPS2000 sniper rifle.

The two teams were finally just about ready to launch, while a group of girls inside the playground decided to watch. The game began with Gonzo juggernauting his way through the front entrance, while Jake and I snuck around the side. Once we hopped the fence, Jake and I made our way toward the inner keep, making sure to use cover at all times. Meanwhile, each of us could hear various different shouts from the enemy, something along the lines of:

"Watch out, that guy's really good!"
"Watch out, those guys are really good!"
"Watch out, that fat kid's really good!" (i.e. Gonzo lol)

Once inside the inner keep's perimeter, we took cover from a few Gremlin rushers, and the first rounds were officially fired. After only a few minutes into the game, and after landing a few shots, it became apparent that although outnumbered 5 to 3, our individual skills and tactical coordination allowed us to dominate from the get-go. My agility enabled me to Vamp-dodge just about any Gremlin stream or other rifle attack. Meanwhile, Jake occupied the high bridges and sniper towers. Gonzo and I also implemented our highly synchronized teamwork; while Gonzo blasted away with his heavy weapons, I used by maneuverability to draw off enemy counter-fire (or water... lol).

While mostly acting as support for the rest of my team, I had my share of one-on-one encounters. One of the older kids engaged me with the HydroBlitz, though since it's a heavy weapon and difficult to operate as we should all know, it wasn't too difficult to outrun or evade the shots. In between pulses I counter-attacked with rushing flood attacks or quick shoulder rolls to get inside.

After a good long while, Gonzo managed to locate the enemy's ammo cooler, which we used to refill our guns. Things really got interesting at that point, with empty guns and half-full Aqua Packs strewn across the structure, as everyone frantically raced around collecting dropped guns, looking to salvage any unused ammo inside; such a situation reminded me very much of FPS games like Halo. I noticed Gonzo pinned down heavily while trying to refill his gun, though being the big guy he was, he seemed to easily withstand the water. Nonetheless, I rushed in to give my support, using what little ammo was left in my Flash Flood along with a compact squirt pistol for backup.

Afterwards, I found myself locked in a duel with a boy wielding the Arctic Blast. He started moving pretty swiftly, so initiated one of my special ninja enhancement techniques, using the Sui(Water) element of Ki to loosen up my body and increase my maneuverability and flexibility. The duel went on, with me now able to fluidly sweep around the opponent's streams and flood blasts (for those who've seen The One with Jet Li, my new evasive movements are similar to what Gabe used to dodge evil Gabe's attacks in the climactic fight scene), while he seemed to hold his own as well.

The battle broke off when both of us began running out of ammo. I walked past another kid, also pretty much unarmed, and thought I'd let out a secret:

"By the way... Did I ever mention, this vest is waterproof?"

Dispensing the formalities, I saw both Gonzo and Jake pinned down on a bridge, cut off from both ends, with the older enemy carrying a CPS2500. I rushed up and attacked from behind with my pistol to divert his attention, at which point I removed my vest and held it in front of me like a shield, which helped to deflect his cannon blasts and to return fire myself.

Near the end, I was sniped by Gremlin fire up on the bridge, but was able to Vamp-dodge the subsequent streams. The battle ended once all water was expended, as were many of the combatants on both sides. In the post-game "debriefing" chat, we agreed that though the momentum shifted back and forth, our team held the advantage for most of the time, giving us the win. Everyone hung out for a while until the boys had to leave, and we left shortly after.

Battle Highlights
- It was nice to get to take on total strangers for once, haven't done that since I was a kid
- 3v5 was a neat challenge lol
- My CQ duels were definitely worth remembering
- Some of the kids caught the onlooking girls in crossfire, which I found kind of amusing lol (The girls seemed okay about it)
- Good warm-up before the following week's battle against the Aquatic Soaking Squad

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: 3vs5 at Sports Park - MTU vs. ?

Post by HBWW » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:39 pm

About time you posted this lol. Our battle after was pretty vacant due to the rain, and we did pretty bad that day. The ASS you fought at last Sunday's Boulan Park war proved to be well better than those at Sports Park. (I also wasn't using the stupid 2700-FF combo which encumbered excessively)

Sounds fun. We might have gotten a better chance to do something like this at Boulan (fighting strangers) if I at least planned a little, but there was too many people there, and half of their little heads wouldn't understand the concept of water warfare anyway.

No one on your team ever seems to carry water bottles... They're great for quick-filling and melee attacks in soakfests.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:48 pm

Sounds like a good bit of fun. It's neat how open kids are to interacting with strangers. (And you didn't even fight any really young ones.)

For some reason I thought you had been doing one hit kill, but that doesn't matter. My water wars end up in soakfests anyway.

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:58 pm

@C-A 99: Just remember, I fell out of the mood after that little problem, so I wasn't at my best.

In other news, everything is set in motion for the MTU's final battle of the season. Whether I'll be returning next year I'm not sure at this point. I'll be sure to record what I can, including a planned duel at dusk, kind of a display of our CQB skills. Consider that my parting gift. ;)