New York, Central Park: Saturday, June 28, 2008

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
isoaker

New York, Central Park: Saturday, June 28, 2008

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:09 am

New York - Central Park Water Fight
Facebook Info
It's a water fight in Central Park. Second Saturday of the summer. People did this last year in NY and in London. Have fun!

Code of Conduct:
1) This is a water fight - don't bring any other weapons apart from water pistols, supersoakers, bottles and stuff that doesn't litter. WATER BOMBS ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN - littering is a crime and we love out planet/Central park.

2) We are not going to be your parents, nor are we going to be the police, if you see some one doing something stupid tell them to stop - if your doing something stupid - don't, your going to ruin it and this has the potential to be a massive laugh

3) Dress to impress but not like a terrorist (your going to get wet just remember - hence why its happening in summer - its going to the the hottest ever recorded)

4) Don't terrorize the public - if they want to get involved let them . THIS IS AN OPEN INVITATION

5) Don't bring camera's. They're going to get wet and DON'T come complaining when they don't work. There will be plenty of other people involved devoted to taking pictures. There is might be a film made so don't sock the guys involved with that.

6) This is a LAUGH, don't take it too seriously, and don't beat each other up over it (close up shooting and all that).

7) Don't leave any mess behind!!! We come and then go (the place looks the same as it does when we came, except more wet).

8) DON'T GET THE ARMED POLICE DEPLOYED BY BRINGING WATER PISTOLS THAT LOOK LIKE REAL GUNS!!!!!!!!!

9) If anyone asks who organized it - we all happened to be in the same place at the same time. If you see any of the "organizers" DON'T SPEAK TO US cause we had nothing to do with it!!!!!

10) No one get naked - you'll be arrested

11) No dyed water - it stains cloths AND it could stain the pavements..... Not good its vandalism

12) SPREAD THE WORD by clicking share!!!

13) COME AT YOUR OWN RISK - we are taking no responsibility for your actions or any accidents which you may incur during your time at New York's Largest water Fight. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone this event without prior notice if we feel that people are attempting to cause either of the above.

Credits: Code of Conduct from London's Largest Water Fight. (with some edits)
If anyone is the NY area and can make it, you might consider it, but be weary in the event things get out of hand. Of course, if you do go, bring a (waterproof) camera along and take some pics!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Black Six

Re: New York, Central Park: Saturday, June 28, 2008

Post by Black Six » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:39 pm

Tempting, but I'd like to avoid the criminal record...
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:51 pm

I'm going to have to rethink my position that competetive soaking might be the savior of the sport. Social networking sites are going to play a major role too. That might be something for you guys to look into.

Sounds fun. I wish them all the best.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:21 am

After looking more closely at Facebook groups I can see a good deal of them already. I guess most people avoid going through people like us and just go straight to what websites they know best. I posted a list of a bunch of these events at SSC. I would suggest duplicating and adding to the list in a thread here to spread the word about these water fights.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:23 pm

I was looking at that New York war quite seriously...but the timing won't work out, I am moving either on the 28th, 29th, 30th, or 1st. I don't know for sure yet which one.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:05 pm

I've posted a ton of events in the SSC calendar: http://forums.sscentral.org/calendar.php

There's actually more events planned than I imagined. What's good here is that I've compiled a bunch of them in one place for easy access.

Anyone with a forum account can post more too. Please do post some.