Public Garden Trashed During Water War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri May 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Seems like while Facebook allows many people to hook up and meet for a water fight (~350 or so), the end result is disappointing. Sad that a fun time involved destroying public property.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Aqua_Flash

Re: Public Garden Trashed During Water War

Post by Aqua_Flash » Sat May 10, 2008 2:51 am

Considering where it was held, I don't see how it was organised well at all. That place in Leeds is a good attraction, and having a water fight there right in public eye with loads of people to me seems stupid, and since it is a pretty cramped area from the pictures that was just asking for it. I actually live about 30-40 miles away from Leeds.

I just hope that when the police investigate this that from it they don't go proper hard on water guns over here. Because of what has happened the image of UK soaking may have gone down (well in Leeds it most likely has). There are responsible fans out there, its just that this I reckon has soured things.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat May 10, 2008 8:18 am

I'll be the first to say that looked awesome. 350 some people in a waterfight - that's impressive. Unfortunately, they were idiots, and ruined something beautiful.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat May 10, 2008 11:36 am

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups..."

Seriously though, such a small place for so many people. If the vegetation is wrecked, half of the cover is gone. If the fountains don't work, there's no where to refill.

IMO this is almost an insult to the ideals of water warfare, but then again, 350 people in a war is almost unheard of.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sat May 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Tragic.
If they had held the gathering in a forested area or some open fields, then it would probably have been fine.
But the fact that they were packed into such a place as those gardens made for a very bad aftermath.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.