The Last Battle of Ridgewood

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:55 am

Organized water warfare in New Jersey is collapsing even as I speak. The end is upon us, it feels more real as more people leave not only for college, but some for good. Waterbridge, though technically still existing, has effectively ceased to function. Rather than let everything fall to pieces the quiet and sticky way, I have called for a war and set it as the de facto leader - the founder system has also ceased to function.

The Last Battle of Ridgewood will be fought at noon this Thursday at both the Goffle and Waterbridge, starting at the Goffle. If you have never been to one of our wars, now is your LAST CHANCE. I'm mainly speaking to iSoaker, Ben, Wetmonkey, and the such - if you can't come up/down for this war, there will be no others for you to someday attend. In only 5 days, organized water warfare disappears from New Jersey. I would not be surprised if no battle reports come out of the state next season. iSoaker, you have often said that someday you wish you could fight with us, but "someday" is upon us now.

This will be a 6 hour war, a most intense one at that. Anything that shoots, fires, hurls, etc. water is allowed, shields are not, QFD guns are foolish, the usual stuff. This war should see much more turnout than usual, seeing as it is our final showdown.

Again, if you don't make the effort to attend now, there will not be a next time. Please try if you can!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:53 am

I have a great desire to attend this event, however I will be unable to. Unfortunately, I cannot drive, nor can anyone give me a ride. My parents have other places that they want to be than Jersey, and they will certainly not allow me to take a bus. I hope that others from this site who live in the area or even the region will be able to attend, so that the RM, etc. can go out with a battle worthy of their previous existence.

It is unfortunate that you are at this point now, with so many people leaving and a general disassembly of your league. At this time, all I can give you for this war is my best wishes, but you do have those.

Have fun, enjoy.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:49 am

While I'd love to attend, sadly, the short notice, lack of easy transportation (i.e. no car) as well as me burning up my vacation time already this year simply prevents from being able to make it physically there. Then again, at my current state of physical fitness, I'd likely end up less like "iSoaker" and more like "imSoaked". :goofy: It would a true honour to be able to participate, but the logistics sadly just don't work for me.

That said, I should hope the statement "organized water warfare disappears from New Jersey" refers more to how it is in its current form and not that organized water warfare can never return to New Jersey, but I digress.

I hope you and all the participants have a great time worthy of the Final Battle of Ridgewood.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

XP270

Post by XP270 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:51 am

:soaked: Why does it have to end? :soaked:
Retired Leader of the Moubis Militia

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:53 am

Organized water warfare may return, but it will be at least temporarily dead come Friday. There are no other known active teams from this state. There is a chance that the successors of the RM can revive a two team system, but I don't know if the interest will be there.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:22 pm

Said war fell through. We did not have enough people to fight it. The Last Battle of Ridgewood has been moved to this Saturday, same times and places.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:55 pm

Don't be so mellowdramatic Dux. I'm really sorry that things are winding down for you, but that's what happens when everyone is about to go to college and stuff. 2007 is the first year we haven't had a Vermin War, but I've still had plenty of watergun fights. You just got to appreciate what you've got, roll with the times and you'll end up having a lot more battles than you'll think. Here in college it's cool to be fighting other people in your dorm haha it's awesome. Best wishes though.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:00 pm

Oh yeah, and I've been traveling a lot lately, maybe we should plan some war for next year's spring break, that'd be hot.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.