Planning for the Goffle Invite

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DX

Post by DX » Sun May 06, 2007 8:30 pm

In an attempt to draw more interest, the local battle format changed a bit. Basically, more professional sounding names, rules, etc. I've actually been using "very incomplete with no verification" world rankings to drum up support and team spirit. No one has figured out that there's no concrete league or rankings yet!

With that said, my team members do know there's a world out there with other teams because we are working to "beat" them within "the top 10". :laugh: Our next war is the Goffle Invite, open to anyone. While I doubt that anyone will come besides us, it is worth asking. The ultimate would be if M4 showed up with any part of his team - our entire roster would probably show up for a war like that. That would be like the Dominator War showdown with M4 and XN.

The Goffle Invite is most likely going to be 2 weekends from now, and may be a two war weekend. It would be amazing if a team, regardless of size, can come from out of town. If just one team comes, we could have the first ever triangular war, where all three fight each other at the same time, no alliances. The Tactical Theory has shown that even a team of two people is enough to compete with any else.

I know you're out there in Long Island, southern Connecticut, Vermont, eastern Mass, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee. I know someone has to have nothing planned 2 weeks from now and not think that Ridgewood, NJ is too far a drive. Someone out there wants to take their shot at Jersey's best or fight alongside us in what would be our most epic war at our most epic battlefield! C'mon, don't be shy!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:33 pm

Sounds like it should be fun. I so wish I could come, but I live far too far away. I hope somebody does come though, because the battle report would be amazing.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sun May 06, 2007 10:43 pm

Man, you have my attention.

Maybe XPWarrior will see this in a few days and swing by here with his group and pick me up; Baptist Lightning has dwindled down to one and some kids.... :(
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 06, 2007 10:59 pm

It would be awesome if you could. Nobody cares if a visitor has experience or even their own gun. All we care is that it's not just the same-old local team vs local team, especially given the fact that we've been getting around 11% turnout. Then again, you'd be surprised how intense a small battle like 4v4 can actually be.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 07, 2007 4:55 pm

Shoot, I can't come to this either...I promise I'll take part in some war in two years, provided somebody hosts it. I'd like to hear about a war you have with somebody else though...you must be dying! I can't make it, a bit too far...

Funny how everybody here makes fun of New Jersey, considering I and many others hail from Princeton, whereas now we're in Virginny...gee, vast improvement :laugh:. At least we're not in an industrial swamp like the northern half of your state. :oo:

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Mon May 07, 2007 5:33 pm

I'd love to come, but being halfway across the country with 2 weeks notice doesn't make it easy. Though I do have a war scheduled that weekend, a scored one at that, not just a soakfest. Maybe if I'm lucky this summer I might be able to come.

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Mon May 07, 2007 10:35 pm

Anyone got a plane ticket? XD

If circumstance has it, maybe if I go to a US university in the future, I could swing by, though I probably won't be bringing the most fun equipment. Airlifting tanks only happens in the RP. :p
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 07, 2007 11:27 pm

At least we're not in an industrial swamp like the northern half of your state.

Well at least we don't have mosquitoes...because it is too polluted for them to survive...and we don't have ticks...because it is too polluted for them to survive either...we do have a high amount of lead in the drinking water...lovely stuff...and the rivers flow with cyanide...

Next year is going to be weird. I'll still have a team, the "Maritime Militia", though I don't know if it will be a real team that fights regularly or just a token force/one man army. Either way, it will probably be easier to organize wars in college, without pesky parents and with cars.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 08, 2007 6:31 am

One of these years, I'd be ecstatic to go check it out. This year, due to current obligations and plans, no chance of getting there. However, as always, I hope to be able to live vicariously through upcoming battle reports and pics that end up posted somewhere online from these battles.

Then again, were I to ever be able to make it, I have a feeling you guys would be hosing me down from every direction while my limited ability to apply the tactics I know fails me. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Wed May 09, 2007 10:12 pm

Hmmm. You have inspired me to try one of these for CA Duxbarian. Perhaps this summer I'll try...

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Thu May 10, 2007 10:45 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Then again, were I to ever be able to make it, I have a feeling you guys would be hosing me down from every direction while my limited ability to apply the tactics I know fails me. :goofy:
Hey, we should do an assassination game where iSoaker roams around a city with bodyguards while the rest of us try to hit him! :laugh:
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:42 pm

Leviathan wrote:Hey, we should do an assassination game where iSoaker roams around a city with bodyguards while the rest of us try to hit him! :laugh:
That would be Soo much fun. lol. I wish that would happen.