Reviving the Regional War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:53 pm

Team 1 - W
- Team 1 Advances - L
Team 2 - L
Team 4 is over all winner
Team 3 - L
- Team 4 Advances - W
Team 4 - W

(That's basically the bracket set up)

The time limit for the game can't be much longer than 20 or 30 minutes. Remember that we don't have a lot of time to do this. The ammount of water on the shirt to count as a kill will be decided on soon. The reason we don't have re entries is so that people don't do stupid things and get themselves killed in the first minute.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:28 pm

Ok, two events aren't going to work, so the Tournament will be held within the Regional War. There's also a 100% chance that the war will be in August, and not on the first weekend. To find a good date, we may have to simply eliminate the bad ones.

The 2nd weekend, 3rd weekend, and 4th weekend in August are viable choices. 5th weekend too, if there is one in August, I don't know the exact dates as of right now.

If you can make it, PLEASE COME! It doesn't matter if you aren't very good, have bad guns, etc. If this war experience doesn't make you better at fighting water wars, then nothing will! Trust me! :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

urbanfighter7

Post by urbanfighter7 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:12 am

I think Foestfighter7 can come on the 2nd and maby 3rd. :D
My Armory:
CPS 1000
CPS 1500
CPS 2500
Douchenator
APH!

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:52 am

Yes I might be able to come on the 19th of augest (Saturday)
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:32 am

Sounds awesome.
Where in New-England is this proposed Regional War going to be? If I'm lucky, I might be able to make it. If it actually happens that is.

:soakon2:

Edited By WaterWolf on 1152887564
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

urbanfighter7

Post by urbanfighter7 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:59 am

The Reginal War is going to be in Ridgewood NJ not in New-England.But in a few years there is going to be a war in New-England. :D

Edited By urbanfighter7 on 1152904935
My Armory:
CPS 1000
CPS 1500
CPS 2500
Douchenator
APH!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:13 pm

^That's Ridgewood,NJ, not NY.

It will be interesting to see how the evolution of large scale water wars plays out. I'll be avaiable for most of August, I think that people just need concrete dates and details.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:21 pm

This is for the Northeastern Regional War. The New England War is just an idea projected for 2 years into the future.

The Regional War will be held in Ridgewood, NJ, in case anyone wants to look at maps: specifically at Waterbridge's park [Between Spring and Grove Streets] and the Ridgewood Militia's park [between McKinley Ave, Lake Ave, Rock Rd, and the railroad line].

There's a new little twist. All of my August weekends are full, so we are going to have to do this war during one of the weekdays.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:28 pm

I doubt people can get here on weekdays.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:52 pm

Well, what can I do about the weekends? And why does "new" appear in red everytime that word is posted? ??? And why does the red go away when "new" is quoted later in the topic?

Edited By Duxburian on 1152913997

DX

Post by DX » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:44 pm

I think we're giving up on re-trying this for 2006. While it is the 2nd half of our season, I doubt most others would want to fight this late in the year. Also, I've got no free weekends available.

2007 is the last chance for a Northeast Regional War. Serious, organized water warfare in New Jersey officially dies on the first day of college 2007. So we need to have a successful Regional War because my attempt at a New England War will probably not have as much potential for a large turnout. It also probably won't have two large teams to host it, either.

It doesn't matter where you live-please consider trying to make the 2007 attempt! It's so embarressing how Nerf has so many big wars, yet Soaking can't put together a single one. Locally we've never even had an out of town guest at a war. :(

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:09 am

Trying this next year shouldn't be any problem.

With a lot more people in college, I think it would be easy to get people there. Just keep the dates consistent and clear your calendars in advance. It might even be a good idea to have weekly wars on the weekends. I would absolutely love that idea.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:16 am

As long as Mom would let me leave the house, I'll be fine. I'm able to go. Plus, I don't want my soakers to become collector's items and get covered in dust. :(
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

DX

Post by DX » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:13 pm

We're going to make a huge effort next Spring. Perhaps April or May. Belisaurius and I have talked about expanding local water warfare with an assassins-style game as well as the normal two-team wars.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:09 pm

I live all the way up in cold MI but just might have one billionth of a chance to join you guys if it's near 4th of july, since last year I went to something in New York at Hofstra University but I don't know where ridgewood is in relation to the route we took there. Since I kind of went with my family, they probably wouldn't allow for it anyway. The trip there took around 10-12 hours or so.

And plus I'm a n00b at water warfare and haven't had a single 1HK game.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1160680365
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:48 pm

I look forward to hearing more about these plans. Although, as I've said, there's no hope for me anytime in the next few years. If I had requested a different timing this summer, it could have coincided with my Boston road trip...but I was sick and it was a family trip, like with CA-99. We were in NJ for a few days, but it was in the south.

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:56 pm

Keep me posted (ha ha).
I mean, keep posting info about all this as decisions are made. I would be very interested in coming to something like this. Count me in.
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!