Reviving the Regional War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:20 pm

For those who don't know, we are hosting a Northeastern Regional War in Ridgewood, New Jersey this Summer. Probably sometime in Mid-late August, the final date has not been picked yet. Last year we had to cancel due to sheer lack of interest, however, we are proceding this year.

The war will be at least a one day event, with several battles on several battlefields, a tech exhibition, etc. Possible participants include Ben/Doom, Wetmonkey, Iceman, Belisuarius, Guderian, Nibordude, myself, and our two local teams. So far we have only 3 out-of-towners who are checking, but if you live in the region, please check your availability, too! Last year we had people wanting to come from as far away as Indiana and Tennessee, so even if you don't live in the Northeast, you are still encouraged to come if you can. Some of the best tacticans and modders in the country will be facing off in the ultimate water war, so don't miss the opportunity!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:44 pm

I live near New Jersey. I'll try to come, but I can't make any guaranted. But you have inspired me to try to make an event like this.
If you live in Jonestown borough of PA or around that area, PM me.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:27 pm

I was under the impression that this wasn't going to be in New Jersey. If it's farther south, then I have a slightly greater chance of making it. We're going on a trip north anyway this summer, though not at the same time as the Regional War...

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:10 pm

I was under the impression that this wasn't going to be in New Jersey.

What made you think that? Despite my username of "Duxburian" I have lived here in NJ for the past 9 years. You might be thinking of the future New England War that I'm having once I'm out of college, but that's speculation. The Ridgewood War is real and happening, in Northeastern NJ.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:23 pm

Oh, sorry about that...I guess I was thinking about the New England War. You mentioned trying to obtain 2-3 battlefields and other superior battlefields, but I must have gotten confused. And no, I wasn't confused because of your name's reference to Duxbury. Thanks for correcting me, though...

urbanfighter7

Post by urbanfighter7 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:10 pm

Yeah Dux why is your name Duxburian anyway.Just wondering.

Edited By urbanfighter7 on 1149473471
My Armory:
CPS 1000
CPS 1500
CPS 2500
Douchenator
APH!

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:05 pm

9 years in Ridgewood have worn down my earlier thoughts, but as recently as early last year, I still hated the move from Duxbury, MA to Ridgewood, NJ. That was my ideal town, and leaving it was harsh. I still visit old friends and plan on moving back. I still see something special in that town, rich with history, maritime prowess, and a living fossil of America's past. I am obsessed with history, and what better environment is there for that than the true landing site of the Pilgrams? My driveway was a section of a primary Indian attack route in King Phillip's War. Also, Duxbury has been a pristine summer getaway town since 1620 and has the best beach on the North and South Shore. A place without strip malls, cookie-cutter development, where some have never heard of certain chain stores I pass daily, yet an average house will go for a million.

As you can tell, if you took me and threw me into 17th/18th/19th century New England, I would fit right in... :laugh:

So I chose a username to reflect this.

urbanfighter7

Post by urbanfighter7 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:55 pm

Very interesting.Sorry it's a one line post :)

Edited By urbanfighter7 on 1149551781
My Armory:
CPS 1000
CPS 1500
CPS 2500
Douchenator
APH!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:36 pm

Dammit! I really wish I live closer to you guys than I do now.....I want to meet all of you in person and stuff. Well I guess I could host a regional war in Canada sometime. It's just the boarder crossing and all that jazz that makes it difficult to make it to this war.
Growing armory: XP 310 shotgun, XP 150, Max-D 5000 with a CVF and custom handle, stock Max-D 5000, CPS Splashzooka 65oz, CPS 2100 (missing the trigger during modding), SC 400, ST Helix, STE Triple Shot, Max Infusion Defender, Max Infusion Flash Flood, Vaporizer, Max Infusion Overload.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:02 pm

It's true, New England is just better, but I moved down south to escape the harshness of the winter and trade it for hurricae season and a humid carolina summer. If you ever get a NE reagonal war going, let me know Dux cause I live on the North Shore in the summer
more reliable then a max-D trigger

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:22 pm

I can't stand humid heat, and therefore thrive in the NE climate. Especially in the summer, since the MA shore often gets that eastern sea breeze that allows for 60 degrees while NJ is sizzling at 90. :angry:

Anyway, a future NE War would be held at the Duxbury Town Forest, the best battlefield I have ever seen. Some pictures are in some old thread on these forums.

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:50 am

Duxburian wrote:I can't stand humid heat, and therefore thrive in the NE climate. Especially in the summer, since the MA shore often gets that eastern sea breeze that allows for 60 degrees while NJ is sizzling at 90. :angry:

Anyway, a future NE War would be held at the Duxbury Town Forest, the best battlefield I have ever seen. Some pictures are in some old thread on these forums.
Tsk, know what you mean. It's been quite hot here. That's why I wanted to do a soakerwar.
If you live in Jonestown borough of PA or around that area, PM me.

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:09 pm

Hmmm, that seems to only be an hour away. Maybe this would be a good excuse to dust off the old Soakers and have some fun...
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:07 pm

We would be honored if you could make it. We want to make this the ultimate war with the best water warriors in the Northeast!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:10 pm

This summer is going to be tight for me, but I should be free sometime around early July. As I believe I said before, hosting it over a week would make it easier for people to find time to come down (or up, in some cases).
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:32 pm

Duxburian wrote:We would be honored if you could make it. We want to make this the ultimate war with the best water warriors in the Northeast!
Well, while I would not consider myself one of the best water warriors in the Northeast by any stretch of the imagination, I'll think about coming. I'm sure we'll all have fun at any rate.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:25 pm

In a day or two, Nibordude and I may throw out a date and see what happens. We need to have a concrete date way in advance.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:56 pm

I was thinking of having a few 1v1 duels in this regional war, and one I want to do is SuperCAP vs APWL. Of course, I would probably run away after using the first shot, but it would be an amazing duel for about 30 seconds. :laugh: High range, high output, high velocity streams.

I also want to have a small arms duel, and a modded gun duel. My normal homemades are not that great, so scratch a homemade duel. :(

As for the date, I am going to randomly throw one out to test the waters. The third weekend in August. Check them calendars.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:18 pm

We are discussing having a tournament type of thing for the regional war. Basically this is call out for all teams. Number of player per team will be 4 or 5. It's a 1HK tournament, once you are hit you're out of the battle for good. All tech must be approved before battle. Time limit for the battle will be 10 or 15 minutes. There will be refs to make the official calls on hits. More will be posted once it has been made up.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:35 pm

There will be multiple tournaments in that set-up? Those games sound too short.

My personal preference would be a longer war with revivals and a different method of elimination. I'm not sure how many people play where if both sides of the shirt are wet, you are eliminated, but that typically makes for great game play. Every time I played one-hit-kills type games, the game was short and not really that much fun.

The most fun of course is no elimination, but that would not be really appropriate for the war.

:;):