Experience: Water Warfare - What is the largest you've been in?

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:36 am

What is the largest water warfare or water battle you've participated in?

If possible, give an approximation on the number of participants as well as game type and size of the battle field. Location is optional, but do not give specifics if location is very close to home.

--------------------------------------------

The largest water fight I've been involved with had somewhere between 50 to 75 participants, but was FFA in nature. Everything from soakers to water bottles to a few coolers being tips on unsuspecting victims were used to spread water as much as possible. The area fought in was a couple of hundred feet in both length and width with some trees and shrubs, but mostly open grass and park benches.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:22 am

The largest "water fight" I've been in had no water guns, only catapults. There were perhaps 500 people there. It was a larger Boy Scout event. Each catapult was launching water balloons at each other. Great fun. Our catapult was the most straightforward design and we had about 10 people powering it. No wonder we were the only ones to hit the other catapults! The people using the trebuchets had nothing on us, and they spent a good amount of time hyping their designs up. The joke was on them.

I've also been to smaller catapult events with one catapult and a bunch of kids trying to get hit by the balloons coming from them. The balloons can hurt a lot, but they didn't care.

The largest water fight with water guns I have been in probably didn't have more than 10 people in it. Very modest in comparison.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:45 am

Lessee here...3 on the opposing team, me and...I think it was 3 vs 10 or 12. Setting was a suburban neighborhood. Yeah, the big year was the bad year. Might be some connection there.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:47 am

I haven't been in any real water wars, the largest fight I've been in that I remember is with about 10-20 people total, but there were only balloons and squirt guns. Otherwise it would be the fight I had around my house and my friend's/neightboor's house, there was 6 total (including me), we did 3 per team, each team's base at each house, playing CTF. I had a not so good team that allowed the enemy to take the flag. We used WB's and stock blasters, the CPS 2000 (mk2) and 2500 being the largest.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:57 am

The largest war I have been in involved 8-10 people at a suburban complex with semi-thick vegetation and cement and cars.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:43 pm

I haven't been in very large wars. Then again, I would take 10 vets over 100 n00bs anyday. My largest was the 7v7 season opener this year. It was an intense, 2 hour 1HK night battle at Waterbridge. Dense and semi open forest, dense reed groves, and a public-right-of-way.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:01 am

Hmmm... only 5 replied to this thread. Is this because many members haven't read this thread, members don't like talking about their battles, or that members feel embarassed about their battle experiences?

Perhaps a poll would be better in some sense since members could just click on an option without having to identify themselves to a particular choice. I was hoping to get a general idea of the ranges of water wars people have been involved in.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:58 am

Alright, I'll post then...

I've never been in any hardcore war, but I've had several 3HK wars with the shirt--and it was elimination.

The biggest ones were probably at least five years ago, before everybody decided they had grown out of water wars. Pretty much everybody on my street joined, and that makes about 10 people or so--perhaps more. It was usually boys vs. girls, and there might have been a CPS 1000 or something that they said was overrated due to its weight. Yeah, right.

urbanfighter7

Post by urbanfighter7 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:06 am

I was on vacation.But same thing as forestfighter7 said. :D
My Armory:
CPS 1000
CPS 1500
CPS 2500
Douchenator
APH!

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:18 am

Hmm...so do you guys know each other? I never even knew the difference between the names, but that's just me.

More about my recent battle: it was small, my (CPS 4100) versus a MD5K and a MDSS. It was fairly easy, as they didn't attack together or use tactics at all. The little extra range I had, plus adapting to the situation (easy when there aren't any tactis), let my get them both out before I got hit even once.

It's funny how the CPS 4100 is the biggest gun most of us have seen or have, so there's actually quite a bit of intimidation factor. Well, I wouldn't say that, but it does cause them to retreat fairly readily. That's a terrible mistake, especially in a miniscule suburban battlefield with a faster enemy. I got at least half of the hits by giving chase to my fleeing opponent.

EDIT: And no, I don't think they know about the Sprinter's Ambush. :D

Edited By SilentGuy on 1155914368

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:14 am

Biggest one ive been in was a 12v12 last year at my school's club day. it was a large soakfest and i just happened to by the only white guy there. thats probobly why i got thrown in a lake.... :laugh:
more reliable then a max-D trigger

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:35 am

@sSilentGuy Yes, we do know each-other.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:30 pm

I'm trying to schedule a war with some friends, it won't be huge, but it should be my biggest. It's going to be a team match, if you get hit, you must return to a designated spawn point. So at least it won't be Soakfest.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:58 pm

The problem is that I've found 1HK Lives (or 3HK) really only works when you have larger teams and larger battlefields. With small teams of 1-2 people, it's weird, since the whole team gets out all at once. Yes, I do understand that can happen with larger teams, but it's not the same.

Also, with larger battlefields, at least there's some time before the person returns from the spawn point.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:14 pm

Well, there should be around 5 people per team, and the battlefield is my backyard. It's a rather large backyard, though.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:04 am

The largest water war I've been in was at my freind's birthday, and consisted of about 10 people armed with lower XP's, piston soakers, storms, and lots of water balloons. We were all very young so we mostly stood at opposite ends of the yard, ran around, and shot everyone on the opposite team.

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:15 pm

I was in a six person fight at my friend's birthday party. Two of us had Arctic Freezes and two of us had homemade "grenades"-plastic cups filled with water. Two more people joined in at the end, and they had "grenades". We beat each other down for the water guns, too. And people with the guns were beating the other two down with them. We didn't hit each other very hard, or in the head, but it still got pretty violent. We also used a water hose. That was also used as a tripwire. We sniped each other out from porches, stuck our hands over the water hose faucet and positioned them the right way to soak anybody refilling, and ran up on the hill with the woods behind my friend's house. Me and Friend One were one team. Friend Two and Friend Three were on the other team. Then Me and Friend Three betray Friend One and Friend Two. Then I remake an alliance with Friend One while I keep mine with Friend Three. Then Friend Three betrayed me and turned back onto Friend Two. Then it became FFA instead of teams and we formed alliances that were soon broken. Then Friend Four and Friend Five come out. We soaked Friend Four so fast he didn't know what hit him. Then we all turned on Friend Five and then we got so soaked we all had no option but to go in and change our clothes. I'm trying to organize a 3,000+ person army because I'm going to get all the people that support me. Then if any of those have connections with a good number of people that don't support me I'll promote them to Colonel or something. Then their friends join, and I repeat the pattern. I might make my army worldwide because 3,000 people will be hard to get.
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>