*Regional War Date*

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:49 pm

Things have been aligning around Saturday the 12th of August. However, the stretch of time from the 7th to the 13th is still in play. Friday the 11th and/or Saturday the 12th would be the most optimal date though.

At this point, we are committed to this date range, and hope to pin the specific day by the end of this week. If this doesn't look good, please try to bend your schedule! Beg your parents!

I will write directions, as using maps will confuse you, especially since there is an official "Goffle Park" labeled that is not our Goffle Park! Waterbridge's park is actually called "Dunham Trail" by the town, which also has no label.

General information:

-Anything that shoots water is legal for use in this war, including all homemades, modded guns, water cannons, and launchers.

-Shields are banned. Don't even bother bringing any. Shields on shield blasters are fine, as I can blow the shields right off with certain guns.

-Artillerymen must observe and comply with the local angled shot rule. Basically, water balloon launchers must be shot at an angle of about 30 degrees or higher. Never is one to be leveled. This is for safety, as no one can tell how much pressure you've got in it and we don't want any injuries from direct shots at people close up.

-We will play a variety of gametypes. All 1HK games will use the fist-sized kill and direct hit rules, based on the honor system. If an objective system must be used, it will be the duct tape squares, although we would really hate to have to do that. Mature players should not need something as childish as tags.

-All water sources are fair game. If you don't like being shot with stream water, then don't get hit. :p We don't believe in the purist views of only clean tap water.

-There is no access to hoses or electric current. Leave those Splashzookas and Powerpaks at home.

-All of the battlefields are dense-semi open forest, with a few open areas. Plan accordingly. Bring insect repellant, and don't expect the wars to be easy. Expect a lot of running on uneven ground and ambushing in the thick reeds. We fight intense, fast-action battles. If you don't bring your best tactics, you'll have difficulty winning. Again and again, we've proven that the guns don't make a difference if the tactics aren't there.

-The battlefields are safe public parks, the town of Ridgewood is a safe, affluent suburban area, and the local teams are responsible, so don't worry about safety. The angled artillery rule will be very strictly enforced, and we might have a paper to sign that addresses suing over injuries. If you are the type who would sue after falling or being hurt by impact of a stream/balloon, then we don't want you here. I personally hate those kinds of people. Waterbridge has a first aid kit, and getting minor scrapes/cuts/bruises and the such is part of the game.

-Head shots = no. Only the shirt counts for kills, and not even in a soakfest is the head an acceptable target. That includes ears, eyes, mouth, and the such.

-Violation of any rules will immediately halt gameplay, and you may be asked to leave for a severe offense. We have 2 Douchenators and 912x+ worth of water backing up our rules.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:47 am

Alright, well even though the week would have been better for me, I can still make the weekend. My best days are probably Friday and Saturday, a great way to conclude my family's college trip. I'll talk to the Leprekan, but I can't promise anything as of now. I, for one, can almost promise you that I'll be there. I'll probably bring a few 2100's, my AWAC D4 M1, and maybe my Monster X, if there's room in the car.

I'm probably going to bring a camera and request that all photos taken are able to be used inerchangeably between Downpour and SM. I'd like to write my own article about this war.

Soak On
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:18 am

@Duxburian: mind if I repost this on the all-but-stagnant event listing page on iSoaker.com?

Man.. sounds like a blast, a watery-one no doubt (*bad pun, yeah* :goofy: )

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:38 am

The 11th and 12th would be great for me, but not perfect. I leave on the 13th and would have to pack early for that trip.

Don't get too eager about the content aquisition either wetmonkey. :;):

Any rules on additives? Also, would anyone mind if I bring a machette and a few other tools to cut down annoyances? That's what I do locally, so I'd prefer to do it there as well.

You can also add an extra 120X or greater to your enforcement pool, that is, if I bring that. I'd have to pressurize it at a gas station or bring a pump.

Edited By Ben_ on 1153406744

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:50 am

Don't get too eager about the content aquisition either wetmonkey.

It only seems fair that making the effort to go is more than enough to warrant access to photos. Besides, I said SM , not SSC, mostly because I'm a moderator there, and don't spend as much time on SSC as SM.

Of course, if Duxburian objects, you'll find no argument from me.

Perhaps I'm not understanding something fully...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:35 am

My main point was that you don't have to jump on the opportunity to get content every time it arises as you have been recently. This "I claim it!" mentality is just going to create a big content claiming war.

I'll be taking pictures and probably a movie as well (more than like in the amateurish "helmit cam" style). Naturally, it's going on my website even if they tell me it's going on others. That's what I meant really.

I also knew you meant SM, not SSC. :;):

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:43 am

Sorry for the confusion, Doom, but you misunderstand me. I merely wanted to offer an exchange of photos between people taking them at the war. Not a, "I lay claim to everything" mentality, but a "I'll let you use the pictures I take, if you let me use the pictures you take".

Then again, I might not even bring a camera. I'm not trying to claim everything (or anything for that matter) for Downpour. I don't want to create a large site, but merely document this war from my own prespective. This is the first Regional War ever, and I'd like to think it's an effort of members to come together not bicker about who get what before it even happens.

Soak On

EDIT: As far as I know, the only other thing I tried to claim was the article by WaterWolf. Perhaps a set of rules should be established regarding the procedures needed to be taken before expressing interest in sharing the content posted at a public forum.

Edited By wetmonkey442 on 1153414054

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:52 pm

Dang'it! I can not come to any of those dates . If only I was in the area 2 days earlier :angry: .
Well I guess I'll just have to have my own big war. :(
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:41 pm

Any rules on additives? Also, would anyone mind if I bring a machette and a few other tools to cut down annoyances? That's what I do locally, so I'd prefer to do it there as well.

Whether additives are legal is up to the local teams. Despite not caring about the dirtiest of water, there is something about having something else in the stream. I pretty much know what the response will be after polling local opinion, but we shall see.

As long as the machette is put away during actual periods of combat. Cutting plants away is fine, but cutting while ambushers are sneaking in close is dangerous. If there's no one around, go for it, but carefully.

The event is in the public domain as far as rights to content are concerned. And if anyone thinks otherwise, then the rights are ours and we are making them in the public domain. Either way, anyone can use anything they film, write, etc. anywhere.

@iSoaker: Of course you can post it on the events page. @all: Come if you can! Bring teams! Bring friends! Bring relatives! Although, really young kids [under 11, 12] are probably not a good idea.

Be careful if you bring video/digital cameras. We're not responsible for any damage to them. If they get fried, that's your fault. We've got several consumer, prosumer, and industrial grade video cameras, so you could probably borrow one of ours if you want.

So the final date is the 11th-12th of August. One of those will probably be the thunder date. We will not have a rain date, since locally, we traditionally fight right through any non-thunderstorm rain.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:31 pm

If it's on the 12th or 13th I may be able to make it, but I also may be at a concert, so we'll see.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:02 pm

anything past thursday and before monday (10th to 13th), and PLZZZ make it in the after noon on a weekday (thursday & friday) if u can:;):

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:06 pm

one of my cousins may be coming but one is only ***edited for your personal and our legal protection*** and one 18 so i may not have them come but i am also like just turning ***edited for your personal and our legal protection*** and my soakers suck (only got a helix and a overload), cause i'm not the best at water fights and i'm a bit young plus i can't find anywhere selling a cps or any recent *non HASBRO CORRUPTED water guns...*

Edit:Fixed by Adrian

Edited By Adrian on 1154212118

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:59 pm

I don't think it's legal to be at this forum at age 11... ???

We are going with the 12th, a Saturday. Friday the 11th is open if people can't make Saturday and want to skirmish with us or something. But if anyone needs to come Friday, please let me know so I can mobilize teams, and earlier than later.

There is no age limit, however it is suggested to be at least 12 or 13. I don't think it would be a good idea for younger kids to come, since players will be shot at by pneumatic artillery and rather powerful homemades. Plus, we will be using the honor system and local rules to decide kills, NO tags of any kind. Most young kids are not good with that, and [generally] are prone to cheating. Blatant cheating is punishable by anything from a negative point to permanent ejection.

Oh, a general announcement: Purposely injuring someone or serious cheating = ejection, and not just from the round. If your behavior is really really bad and you are asked to leave, it means get out of town unless you live here. Not to sound harsh, but there are quite a lot of stupid people in this world, and we want none of them. Cheating and the such should not be an issue, as hopefully the participants will be mature enough to conduct themselves well.

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:13 am

What about with legal gaurdians (parents):rock:

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:15 am

and don't worry about me, i won't cheat because i've seen alot of other people cheat and get the punishment and i havent felt a huge 20x or what blast and i never wanna! :blush:

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:16 am

:rock: my emotions don't work for some reason?

urbanfighter7

Post by urbanfighter7 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:40 am

It's not legal to be on the forum at age 11? I didn't Know that. :D
My Armory:
CPS 1000
CPS 1500
CPS 2500
Douchenator
APH!

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:51 pm

Me neither! :D

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:14 pm

It's not mentioned in the registration agreement here, but I'm fairly sure that iSoaker doesn't want people younger than 13 at this forum. It's just plain dangerous to go around the internet saying you're 10 years old (just turning 11 does not count people). People seriously do read these messages with the intent to abduct children. Some would do worse even.

Personally, I would have never stated my age if I was below 13 years old. There are legal issues regarding this, but the forum owner never is reponsible if the person does not mention their age or misrepresents themselves. iSoaker obviously has been away, but if he wasn't, I'm sure he would have edited your posts. There's more reasons I simply don't allow people younger than 13 at my forum as well, but we won't go in to that.

Adrian, if you are reading this, clean up the age-related mess. :;):

Edited By Ben_ on 1154207732

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:41 pm

Soaker noob:Welcome aboard. We hope you enjoy your stay.

A few ground rules:
Because of an earlier poster's bad habit of posting his age and address every six seconds, Isoaker has raised the age limit on the board. I'm not certain if you had to circumvent anything (knowingly or not) to sign up, but if I remember correctly he set the software to disallow anyone under 13. I'll check into this.

Following on the heels of that last point, do not post your age unless you are Over Eighteen. I will edit ages once or twice. I will view repeated under-age age postings as law-enforcement entrapment attempts and will ban first, ask questions later. Do not post your address or identifying personal information. Same consequences as before.

More than one post in a row, in areas where common sense says not to (like a discussion) is considered rude. If you're unclear on forum ettiquette, check out the topic on posting habits, I think it's in the Information forum. Single line posts are also considered rude. As is putting multiple, unnecessary emoticons in your posts. Mr. Edit Button (located in the upper right hand corner of each of your posts) is your friend. Commune with him whenever necessary.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Adrian

Edit:Yup, thought so. It's 13-15 with parental consent, not 13 and below with parental consent. Quite the conundrum we have on our hands here.

Edited By Adrian on 1154213391
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.