Water War Tournament

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:15 pm

Nibordude and I have an idea for an activity on the same weekend as the Regional War. We want to have a tournament for both teams and individuals. Show your individual skills in 1v1 duels and/or challenge another team in team brackets! If we make a small entry fee [like $5 or something], there will be cash prizes.

People have been talking about tournaments forever, but now let's actually have one!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:31 am

How do you guys actually plan on organizing the set-up of the tournament?
What game-types will be played?
How will judging/scoring be done?

Sound great, but want to hear more about it.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:08 am

I wanted to run a water tournament myself with prizes and other events, so it's cool to see other people with the same ideas. I could probably come with 5 bucks so I'll try to come, but I can't make any promises.
If you live in Jonestown borough of PA or around that area, PM me.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Team 1 - W
- Team 1 Advances - L
Team 2 - L
Team 4 is over all winner
Team 3 - L
- Team 4 Advances - W
Team 4 - W

(That's basically the bracket set up)

1. Time limit - 25 minutes
2. We're figuring out what will equal a kill. I think, so that there are no disputes, were going to have 1 foot by 1 foot square's marked by tape on their shirt, front and back. If there is a water splotch larger than 3 inches it counts as a kill.
3. A coin will be tossed to decide which team goes on which side of the battlefield.
4. There are 2 refs. If a kill is made they will tell the person they are out. If a kill is being disputed, time is called and the palyer in questionw ill be looked over.
5. Teams are made of 5 or less people.
6. Any gun modded or any homemades must be cleared by the people in charge before they can be used in the battle.
7. 1 hit kill battles. Once you're hit, your out of the game. This is to prevent people from charging shooting 2 people before he gets shot himself. It's just stupid cheep tactics.

I'll add more when I think of them.

Edited By NiborDude on 1151362504
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:51 am

I think, so that there are no disputes, were going to have 1 foot by 1 foot square's marked by tape on their shirt, front and back. If there is a water splotch larger than 3 inches it counts as a kill.

I like this idea. I'm wondering whether something can be developed for general use. Are you thinking of putting tape on shirts to mark the 'hit zone'?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:58 am

When will it be held? I would LOVE to go. Also If your going to have reffs how will you make it so that the reffs see everything? It would be annoying to be spotted if a reff gives away your position.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:56 pm

I like this idea. I'm wondering whether something can be developed for general use. Are you thinking of putting tape on shirts to mark the 'hit zone'?

Normally we don't do that, but for a tournament, it may be necessary. Anything inside the square is fair game, which also helps distinguish hits from sweat and leaks.

The date is either going to be in July or August. We are not sure whether to have the Regional War or the Water War Tournament first, since they will be split into different events in different months.

We are still working on how the refs will be able to see the action without interfering with the action. We may send a ref with each team, who would travel with them as an impartial non-combatant. The ref could also double as a guide, since most teams will be new to the park. And our parks are huge, so that's not a crazy idea.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers