Neighborhood Wars - Tips

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:54 pm

Hey,

Its been a long time since I've posted here. I think I'm getting back in the swing of things, though.

Is there any tips that anyone has for combating in this unusual situation? I have some myself, but I want to know the knowledge of other members.

The neighborhood area is a typical suburb with blocks of houses, some apartment buildings.

1. Walkie talkies for each member helps increase ground coverage if used properly.

2. Although less firepower, smaller soakers are easier to use in CQ, because of size.

I'll post more later.

Edited By XP20Warrior on 1137725732
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:04 pm

By suburban you mean the standard houses and laws type setup? Suburban doesn't really mean anything unless all or most of those yards are ok to use in your fight. If you can't go on those yards, you're restricted to fighting in the street.

For house-to-house combat, I recommend smaller soakers with a good balance between up-close punch and distance. The Pirahna (yup, I'm back to promoting it) is a good choice. The XP110/310/MXD6000 is another good choice, they fit the "carbine" class of weaponry, as does the Storm 2500. Any of the CPS 3000 series, taken off the backpack, and coupled with small rifle is a devastating combination. It's like a shotgun, and shotguns are the best for close-quarters work.

How many people are fighting, what are team stats like?

If I could see the territory, I'd be able to give much better advice.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:10 pm

I would recommend a soaker with fast stream speed and low amount of pumps. Something that hits hard swiftly and is back in action swiftly. Faster streams are also harder to dodge, a good thing for close quarters. All stock guns have about the same stream speed, but some modded guns can deliver their payloads up to 4 times as quickly. Not to mention the often low pumps.

For stock guns though, I would stay above, say, an XP 110 and below a CPS 2500. Anything from an XP 310 to a CPS 2100, for example, would work well. Is this a soakfest or 1HK? My advice was kinda a general-could-work-for-either deal.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:46 pm

Look at my map in "Assistance In Atlanta." I was hoping for a basis off of that. And yes, it is a soakfest. I have 1HKs, but I have a big problem with dishonest players, so I stick with soakfest.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars