WWE Water Fight

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:35 am

Just watched a re-run of WWE's monday night Raw, and it had a Waterfight with 2 prity female wrestlers. The fight included 9 orange Flash Floods, water baloons and buckets of water. Fairly entertaining.
Most interetsing thing was, that they didn't seem to prepare for the waterfight that much before the event, since both had trouble using the Flash Floods since in the heat of battle they didn't know if it was upside down or facing in the right direction. Thats what you get from not being familiar with the new Nerf designs. After that they just ditched the soakers and just stuck to stuffing water balloons in their training bras and body slamming each others.
Anyone else seen it?

On a personal note,with all those pro-flash flood threads recently, I probably am in the minority when I am saying that those Flash Floods are ugly and unimpressive CPS blasters. But from what I have seen in the WWE waterfight, I am even less impressed now.
To put that in perspective, 1997 Kurt Angle shot a CPS 2000 filled with milk in one of the main Raw events(milk was his thing back then while Austin had the Beer thing). That blast looked prity cool in the Arena and soaked the first 2-3 rows of people on the ring side.
9 years later, multiple Flash Floods didn't even look good in a chick fight, not even soaking part of a C-Cup. HA!

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Uh, that was probable rehearsed, you know wrestling is fake right? Well, they would both have to know when each body slam is going/coming because the person isn't actually hit. You also shouldn't base your decision on a water gun on whether 2 wrestling chicks can tell which side is the right side up or not. :flashflood: :crazy:

Edited By supersoaker on 1150314545
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:08 pm

you know wrestling is fake right?

I did a school project on that, and my final results are: wrestling is NOT fake, because they really do hit each other, even in the head with chairs. Otherwise they should be floating after a slam (so they don't get hurt).

Anyway, I saw that match as well, and they definately didn't know what they were doing, because they only used the normal stream, except for one FF shot, AND THAT WAS ONLY A MIST SHOT!!!! :angry: :angry:
Oh well, at least they used the water balloons properly.

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:44 pm

mr. dude wrote:
you know wrestling is fake right?

I did a school project on that, and my final results are: wrestling is NOT fake, because they really do hit each other, even in the head with chairs. Otherwise they should be floating after a slam (so they don't get hurt).
Ok, you're contradicting yourself, when they move intentionaly away from the blow, it's fake, it's all scripted, They've even admitted that wrestling is fake. (wrestling people)

hehe...

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:58 pm

According to a book I've read, written by a wrestling manager, the wrestlers do indeed make contact, and the moves do hurt, it's just that they hit each other in a way so it hurts, but not for too long. Though I agree with you that it'scripted (big difference between scripted and fake).

Edited By mr. dude on 1150329591

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:07 pm

Well, I saw I show, where it showed you different camera angles from wrestling matches and they serious come short by two feet, who knows, maybe, they're lying, I don't know, I'm going by all the information I have, you might be right, but your and my definition of make is most defianately different, scripted, is very much the same as fake, oh well, I'll leave it there.
Except for the beer commercial where they say "fake sports and show wrestling on the TV :oo: :D :p (triple smiley threat!)

Edited By supersoaker on 1150330089

hehe...

Croc

Post by Croc » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:59 pm

Mr.dude- Was it Vincent James McMann that said it, or was it the Vince McMann who started the "Kiss my ass club" or was it another executive that said that?
If Vince McMann said it, he could be biased, as he is a wrestler too. But the Great Khali is for real! He really picks the dudes up and drops them from about 6 ft. off the ground

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:21 pm

supersoaker wrote:Uh, that was probable rehearsed, you know wrestling is fake right? Well, they would both have to know when each body slam is going/coming because the person isn't actually hit. You also shouldn't base your decision on a water gun on whether 2 wrestling chicks can tell which side is the right side up or not. :flashflood: :crazy:

really, wrestling is scripted? next thing you tell me the sky is blue. Now the world makes no longer sense.

I was refering to the water fight with the flash floods. Of course they practiced the wrestling bid as in where to aproximatly land or who would win. But if they didn't know which sides of the soaker belongs to the front, they haven't spend alot of time on those things. (The part with the hole is the nozzle and belongs to the front.)

My decision to not buy a flash flood was already made 2005. The waterfight just was another example of how crapy the Flash Flood is compared to 90s CPS models. Especialy when contrasting it to the SS300 cameo at the Drew Carrie show or the Kurt Angle CPS 2000 shot. Its not like the chick fight shrunk the Flash flood stream and made the frames look like nerf blasters. If a soaker gets air time on Tv, it better be not disapointing. And that was my whole point of the thread.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1150340380

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Ok, you're contradicting yourself

I know I should have replied to that statement earlier, but when did I contradict myself? What I said was that if wrestling was as fake as most give it credit for, the wrestlers should float and never hit the ground after a slam. Quite impossible without the aid of anthing else. They do indeed slap, chop, slam, kick, etc. each other. The only moves that are faked are the fatal ones.
scripted, is very much the same as fake

In my eyes, wrestling being scripted means that they pre-determine match resuts, whereas fake is not contacting a all during a move.

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:07 pm

hehe...

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:26 pm

I think we are drifting of topic. There are alot of flaws in the WWE, as in plot holes, a greedy owner, re-occuring story lines and soap opera drama. However, if you can look past those things you should still get your entertainment worth with that postmodern theatre staring great athletes. If people dislike it mainly because it is scripted or fake, then they better should stay away from Movies and TV, since there is a romor out there that all those actors are "acting". Heck, even reality TV isn't real.

Now having said that, I can't wait for the next WWE diva water fight. Its the only time I consider contemporary super soakers entertaining.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1150432199