MOAB 2019

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

MOAB 2019

Post by marauder » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi everyone, as you know I want to plan one final massive battle, worthy of the MOAB name, before I leave for Kuwait June 1st. Let's do this right. I am trying to reach out to everyone and plan something special.

The best dates for me are either next weekend or probably May, but I will talk to Tiffany and edit this sentence tomorrow with specifics.

Please post with your availability. I want to get everyone involved. Let's connect with some old friends and possibly meet some new friends in the process.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SSCBen

Re: MOAB 2019

Post by SSCBen » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:10 pm

I should be graduating May 25 or 26. So sometime the week of the 27th would be the only time I can do it it before June.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:25 pm

As discussed over text, March 9 & 16 are booked for Rob and I. Not sure about after, but if he's available, we could both run a trip to NC and join Scott along the way, which could potentially save me an awful drive lol. (NC to MI is not something I want to do lol.)

Late March and anytime in May work best for me. I know you have plans in April, and it's also Humans vs. Zombies season in Ohio, though I'm not sure which events I'm going to yet. Most likely I'll be playing on April 12 and 19.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Formerly CA99

Discord: g0dSamnit#4723

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 am

HBWW wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:25 pm
I know you have plans in April, and it's also Humans vs. Zombies season in Ohio, though I'm not sure which events I'm going to yet. Most likely I'll be playing on April 12 and 19.
That sounds like so much fun. I can never seem to find anything like that around here. When I get back from Kuwait I want to start doing more things like that with everyone or maybe taking a trip to the beach or beach house together (had talked to Brandon about that yesterday).
SSCBen wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:10 pm
I should be graduating May 25 or 26. So sometime the week of the 27th would be the only time I can do it it before June.
Depending on when I leave for Texas for predeployment training that may work. Kind of ironic that you are going from UT to the east coast and I am going from UT to Fort Hood, which is only an hour away from UT. Congratulations on getting your PHD btw. It's probably too early, but do you have any idea of where you are going to be applying for jobs?
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm

Most of March should be okay, although the Myrtle Beach trip will most likely be moved to next weekend (9th-10th) because the weather isn't so great this coming weekend. You're still welcome to join us. I'm pretty sure it's a short drive for you.

As mentioned, April is looking pretty busy at the moment. May is unknown as of now; I'll probably have a few busy weekends, but nothing important enough to be already planned now.

What kind of war do you have in mind? i.e. what locations and game types? Something totally insane and different would be awesome. We should get like 20 people too.

How long will you be in Kuwait for?

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:19 am

SEAL wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm
What kind of war do you have in mind? i.e. what locations and game types? Something totally insane and different would be awesome. We should get like 20 people too.

I'm thinking of having the opportunity to camp in the woods and fight through the night for people who want that.
SEAL wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm
How long will you be in Kuwait for?
9 months, but I will be in Texas and Georgia for 2 months prior and then I will have a few weeks of demobilization after I return. So I will be gone almost a year.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:17 pm

marauder wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 am
Congratulations on getting your PHD btw. It's probably too early, but do you have any idea of where you are going to be applying for jobs?
Thanks. I won't be applying to any jobs until after I graduate. I'll be taking at least 3 months off then and will have plenty of time to apply to jobs. I'm open to suggestions on jobs, places to live, etc., if you have any.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:49 am

SSCBen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:17 pm
marauder wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 am
Congratulations on getting your PHD btw. It's probably too early, but do you have any idea of where you are going to be applying for jobs?
Thanks. I won't be applying to any jobs until after I graduate. I'll be taking at least 3 months off then and will have plenty of time to apply to jobs then. I'm open to suggestions on jobs, places to live, etc., if you have any.
I think that's a smart decision. I received a preliminary offer before I graduated and then they rescinded it right after I graduated. I freaked out and then started applying everywhere and got depressed. In hind sight you have to trust yourself and not settle.

Are you interested more in research or application? I know that the Research Triangle Park is a huge research node here with lots of jobs. It's fairly affordable too.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:05 pm

Oh congrats @SSCBen that's a huge accomplishment!

I can't do anything in all of March, and nothing in April before the 15th. The rest of April and May are open so far.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:03 pm

I've got something this weekend and then June 1st, otherwise I am free any weekend. Would likely need to take Friday off though, so two weeks notice would be good.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Looks like late May seems to be the best for the most people so far. I'd like to know sooner than later since I'm trying to plan a big game in May as well but want to do so as far in advance as possible so we can gather interest.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Formerly CA99

Discord: g0dSamnit#4723