pool party with every kind of soaker imaginable - right soaker to bring other helpful idea

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp » Mon May 28, 2007 1:45 pm

every year my freind has a big barbecue/soaker/firework party. I need to know a good soaker to get (im not much of an ebay fan) and any other helpful ideas. There are various soakers ranging from cps2000 to little squirt guns. Oh and buckets too. We all get our water from his pool. So anyone have any ideas on what to use?
x

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 28, 2007 1:49 pm

Try the Tiger Shark, Orca, or pretty much anything from Buzz Bee/Water Warriors.

Riverguns like the Stream Machine and the Waterzooka (or a homemade version) are also good, especially since you can fill them from the pool.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue May 29, 2007 4:33 pm

sounds fun;
just replying to the idea-- make sure that they don't fill the 2000 in the pool... chlorine can just completely rip up the inside of a good gun.. :soakon:

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue May 29, 2007 5:26 pm

HY-DRO-BLITZ
HY-DRO-BLITZ
HY-DRO-BLITZ
Soak On!

needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:43 am

cobralex297 wrote:sounds fun;
just replying to the idea-- make sure that they don't fill the 2000 in the pool... chlorine can just completely rip up the inside of a good gun.. :soakon:
uhhhhhm 2000 shouldnt go into the pool? i know that chlorine wrecked the insides of my cps1200 god bless its soul but i thought that the 2000s could tolerate it....hmmm so that explains why he needed to repair the pump track. Oh well it still fires though man that thing is like a fuel rod gun from halo
x

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:29 pm

Any CPS water guns shouldn't go into pools. The chlorine does negatively affect the rubber that powers the CPS system. You'll end up weakening the rubber or worse, breaking the bladder. In either case, a simple PC replacement repair would be necessary, but it would be best to not have to do that.

If the pump track needed repair, that likely has nothing to do with the pool. As it turns out, as some parts age they simply need repair. Tracked pumps are one of them. Most problems are more likely due to wear than anything else.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:13 pm

As has been said, no CPS in the pool. Other than that, use whatever's biggest.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

kiteboarderni

Post by kiteboarderni » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:14 pm

those cannons, are they a one shot thing??

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:25 pm

If it's chlorine in the pool that's eating the CPS chambers.. um.. there's chlorine in tap water... so....why won't that eat up a CPS gun? I've got a 3000, and given their rarity and expense these days, I obviously want to preserve it for as long as possible....

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:47 pm

There's much more chlorine in poolwater - that's how they keep it clean. That's why pools smell much more strongly than water (whose smell is unnoticeable). That's also why you shouldn't drink poolwater. Somebody like Duxburian might know the concentrations of chlorine in tapwater and poolwater.

EDIT: Fixed me spieleeng.

Edited By Silence on 1182361731

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:50 pm

I can't give you an exact concentration, because it changes based on local area. I can, however, say that tap water is anything but pure and clean - that's a significant misconception. Tap water is a gigantic mixing pot of numerous chemicals, some [like flouride] inserted by municipalities, others [like iron] seep in naturally, and others [like lead] don't filter out well. In some areas, there is probably more lead in tap water than chlorine, even after attempts to filter it, as other unwanted chemicals filter more easily. The same water you use to fill guns also comes out of your showerhead; some interesting research shows that regular showering over time causes brain damage due to that lead. :goofy: Random, but I think it's kinda funny. :laugh:

Obviously, there are great quantities of chlorine in pool water, hence its smell and taste. The only water that is really pure is distilled, and it tastes sickening because there are no chemicals in it.

So basically I wouldn't worry about tap water in guns, it beats most natural sources unless you live in a very clean and rural area. I'd know, too, for some of the streams I fill from contain bad stuff, but not nearly as bad as the areas I don't use, the ones with cyanide and other funny industrial chemicals.

Best water for a gun is either filtered from a refrigerator or bottled water. Bottled water is by law required to have and not have certain chemicals and to meet certain standards. Refrigerator filters are often so powerful than they get out microscopic organisms that nothing else would. Then again, that's if you are really being picky - I usually dump whatever water is around into my gun, puddle water if need be, and the bladders have lasted fine over the years.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:30 pm

Thanks for the info. As for pool fun... I really had fun with my SS 300.. just drop the hose into the pool and away you go. The SS 300 was also a lot of fun on river rafting trips.. just drop the hose over the side.. no need for a backpack in either case. (yeah, I know.. no real availability of a 300 any more.)

If I had to pick something for a pool party... Just about any soaker would do.. but since you're going to be wet anyway, Anything with a solid stream, or riot blast would be my choice.. here's something too.. you could partially submerge a Flash Flood or Arctic blast, and still have the firing chamber and pump handle above water (alibeit at a bit of an angle... insta fill while still firing and/or pumping!)

Edited By ZTrooper on 1182303062

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:51 pm

Thanks for the info. (I'll probably never take EnviroSci, though.)

ZTrooper, the problem with partially submerged water guns is that the water that gets pumped is still pool water. So in the case of CPS water guns, all the chlorine still contacts the rubber.

Edited By Silence on 1182361906

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:20 pm

Silence wrote:Thanks for the info. (I'll probably never take EnviroSci, though.)

ZTrooper, the problem with partially submerged water guns is that the water that gets pumped is still pool water. So in the case of CPS water guns, all the chlorine still contacts the rubber.
I'm aware of that.. he seems intent on using a CPS gun in a pool environment, and as long as he's aware of what he's doing.. no harm in pointing out some tactics that might help. 8)

Now.. on the flip side.. to Air Pressure guns have the same vulnerability to chlorine?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Air pressure water guns shouldn't have any problems with chlorine unless the plastic has a problem with chlorine. I could see the rubber O-rings potentially having a problem with chlorine. However, most of them are synthetic at this point and should be able to withstand chemicals such as chlorine. I am sure there are O-rings in the pipe systems used in pools.